Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Duncan, least help from refs of any superstar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Bro, I use to do "the Duncan"/rip through move all the time (for jokes) during runs/1on1.

No need to be upset Duncan fans.
    So, basically, you got nothing? Glad we got that sorted.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Dirk has always been weirdly officiated. He gets a decent number of "superstar calls' but then he absolutely gets hacked with no call all the time. It more than likely evens out but that's why mavs fans think he gets no calls while non mavs fans think he gets every call.

Duncan has unquestionably gotten more calls than dirk historically though.
    Oh really? Dirk averaged 9.1 FTA per game in 04-05, a number Duncan's never reached....AND HE'S A POST PLAYER.

Yeah.. no.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The guy who started the rip through move? The guy who's probably gotten away with more fouls than anyone in history? The guy who's post game was largely drive across the lane and flop? This is idiotic.

Seriously. That was one of the most annoying, cheap moves that ever existed. You fail, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    Oh really? Dirk averaged 9.1 FTA per game in 04-05, a number Duncan's never reached....AND HE'S A POST PLAYER.
    The foul where he steps on Duncan's foot, and Duncan gets called for the foul (in '06 - game 7) still gets to me. Those extra free throws could have turned the game - chance for a repeat.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    He's a finesse post player...not a power post player. Most of his shots in the post have always been going AWAY from the basket not towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He's a finesse post player...not a power post player. Most of his shots in the post have always been going AWAY from the basket not towards it.
    Doesn't look like he's going away from the basket in his very first playoff game. And this is in reply to immortal below too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7XD8km7L0

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    ^^

And you just showed a video where Duncan wins on a favorable preferential treatment call at the end of the game (where they usually let the players play). Fail.
    Since the game score was 102-96, I don't think that Duncan won on that call. You may think that's preferential treatment, but that's your opinion. But the FULL game part , that I missed - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    The foul where he steps on Duncan's foot, and Duncan gets called for the foul (in '06 - game 7) still gets to me. Those extra free throws could have turned the game - chance for a repeat.
    That play wasn't in game 7, b that's always called as tripping(and by rule it is the correct call), c the only reason the spurs got back in that game was the officiating. The spurs shot 50 fts in game 7.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    That's only because he get's carried by teammates more than any other superstar. If he were to get the calls that most superstars get what would be the point in even having a season? The Spurs would win every game by 30+ points.
    Lemme ask you some shit serious....whats the point of you being here? You have nothing good to say and just waste forum space..
    I'm pretty sure when I say this but ill speak for everybody else on this forum, THEY don't give a shit about what you post.
    I just really have interest in your motivation to do such a wasteful thing, where you act like a clown, a bad one at that, to desperately get any kind of a hateful response. What is the point exactly?

Break yo weak ass character for one post and fvcking explain yourself, maybe this is some kind of a bet or maybe you get paid by an admin, that would seem reasonable. If you are really just doing this on purpose to waste your time then it's sad to think about how much of a nobody you are.......next

That play wasn't in game 7, b that's always called as tripping(and by rule it is the correct call), c the only reason the spurs got back in that game was the officiating. The spurs shot 50 fts in game 7.
    Iirc, his foot was planted first. You can look it up and post if you want. That whole Mavs-Spurs series was horrible officiating. It was just rewards seeing the refs payback the Mavs in the Finals. And where do you get 50 fts in game 7? I see Mavs - 31 and Spurs - 39. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...605220SAS.html