Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
KingLeBronJames
LeBron GOAT

Default Tucker Carlson "Tacos are American food! You’re not going to appropriate my culture!”

Quote:
Fox News host Tucker Carlson is very angry about the reaction a Houston restauranteur got after posing for a photo with Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

The restaurant has apologized for a social media post in which it said it was an “honor” to serve Sessions.

Carlson had Univision anchor Enrique Acevedo on for a confrontational interview in which he accused the network of not being a news network and instead trying to “pummel” the chef.

“I’m totally opposed to illegal immigration. I think our legal immigration should be lower because the country is getting too volatile. Those are my sincere views,” Carlson said. “Should I be allowed to eat Mexican food?”

Acevedo said that cultures should share and that Mexicans should share their food and culture with Americans.

“What do you mean, ‘their food?’ It’s American food! It’s American food!” Carlson said. “What do you think, you own tacos now, or something?” I feel like [I own them] they’re an American food and I’m going to keep eating them even though I agree with Jeff Sessions.”

Acevedo was stunned and said again that we should all celebrate each other’s cultures.

“What do you mean each other’s cultures? It’s an American food, it’s an American food—you’re not going to appropriate my culture,” Carlson said. “I’m from San Diego, man. Those are my tacos. Mine!”

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/17/fox...tacos_partner/

Here's the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tu1...ature=youtu.be
KingLeBronJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head

Default Re: Tucker Carlson "Tacos are American food! You’re not going to appropriate my culture!”

He is really showing himself lately. More and more brazen.
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Tucker Carlson "Tacos are American food! You’re not going to appropriate my culture!”

Tucker must really like tacos.

For added context, here's a little history in regards to the taco.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #4
highwhey
STRONGMAN

fox anchor saying something low iq? shocking.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #5
Terahite
Free Nick Young

This is a nothingenchilada. I live a few miles from this restaurant and their tacos are basically Tex-Mex food (i.e. American).

Meanwhile, look how high-IQ Tucker's views on immigration are. Why are his detractors not engaging in a debate on the merits of mass immigration for instance?
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
This is a nothingenchilada. I live a few miles from this restaurant and their tacos are basically Tex-Mex food (i.e. American).

Meanwhile, look how high-IQ Tucker's views on immigration are. Why are his detractors not engaging in a debate on the merits of mass immigration for instance?

Where did tacos originate?
Old 08-19-2018, 01:41 AM   #7
highwhey
STRONGMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
este putito no te va contestar la pregunta por k kierr esquievarte como los demas trump supporters.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #8
Terahite
Free Nick Young

Quote:

America
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
America

Which country in America?
Old 08-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
este putito no te va contestar la pregunta por k kierr esquievarte como los demas trump supporters.

Creo que tienes razón, pero quiero ver lo difícil que trata de desviar.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #11
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Which country in America?
The one that wasnt created by Europeans...hold up, it's all European actually
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

So I looked it up and saw this:

ta·co
ˈtäkō/Submit
noun
a Mexican dish consisting of a fried tortilla, typically folded, filled with various mixtures, such as seasoned meat, beans, lettuce, and tomatoes.

With that said, this definition is bullshit. No onions? No cheese? Hot sauce? **** you dictionary, just for that I'm with Tucker.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #13
iamgine

I think Carlson are wrong in saying Tacos are american food but his immigration view seems very reasonable.

What did Jorge Ramos do btw?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #14
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
The one that wasnt created by Europeans...hold up, it's all European actually
Except that no one here denies that...we all know that every country here was officially started by either the Spanish, English, French or Portuguese, regardless 9f the fact that their were people here already.

Topic at hand, the only tacos gringos invented are those god awful hard shell, ground beef and cheddar cheese abominations that taste nothing like the real thing...
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #15
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Tucker is from San Diego. You know that used to be Mexico, right? Tacos actually are native cuisine where he’s from.

Borders change whether it’s the Spanish Empire, Mexico or the United States of America. Tacos ARE native to the American Southwest.

Last edited by NumberSix : 08-19-2018 at 07:05 PM.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: