Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Schedule

http://www.nba.com/bulls/media/schedule_1011.pdf

23 back to backs, but fuc* it.

Edit- 22. Swirsky lied to me!

Last edited by methusala : 08-10-2010 at 04:12 PM.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Schedule

First month of the season looks really tough. We'll be able to see really quickly what kind of team we have with that kind of opening month of the season. Wish the start of the season was sooner because it's going to be an exciting year for us Bulls fans.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The back to backs are terribly hard. I can't believe that. Plus that november stretch of Suns-lakers-nuggets and whoever the other team is also god awful.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
http://www.nba.com/bulls/media/schedule_1011.pdf

23 back to backs, but fuc* it.

Edit- 22. Swirsky lied to me!

Wow. The number of games back-to-back is rather high...seems like the Bulls get a tougher schedule than most teams each year. Anyway, if we can get Deng and Boozer to play at least 60 games this season we will be fine. When you factor in a scoring PF combined with the terrific depth the Bulls have acquired over this summer, our boys in red-and-black look as strong as any team to my eyes.

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 08-18-2010 at 05:48 AM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The back to backs are terribly hard. I can't believe that. Plus that november stretch of Suns-lakers-nuggets and whoever the other team is also god awful.

Nobody likes back to back and nov sched is indeed very difficult but December should be relatively easy esp after they face Boston and Orlando in the first week of December. The key is ofcourse health and fortitude, weathering the storm in NOv and hopefully they'll be 7 game above .500 by the end of the year.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Nobody likes back to back and nov sched is indeed very difficult but December should be relatively easy esp after they face Boston and Orlando in the first week of December. The key is ofcourse health and fortitude, weathering the storm in NOv and hopefully they'll be 7 game above .500 by the end of the year.
What sucks is I'm sure that Rose won't have quite figured out how to mesh with Boozer, and Brewer. before the road trip starts. I wish there were a few more home games before the trip out west.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
What sucks is I'm sure that Rose won't have quite figured out how to mesh with Boozer, and Brewer. before the road trip starts. I wish there were a few more home games before the trip out west.

This is where Thib's true value will be felt. He's got the whole training camp to figure out and practice the best defensive schemes. If they hold the opposing teams to under 43% with minimal FTs allowed, then they would have a chance every game. Hopefully they'll be at .500 after the first week of December, then they would face a ton of weak teams until the end of the year.
I forgot wether it was JVG or Doug Collins who commented how it has been very difficult for the Bulls the first couple of months EVERY YEAR bec of the scheduling conflict with the circus where they have to play a TON of road games. Players then lose heart bec they'll be losing so many games, getting left behind by the strong teams, resulting to a good coach like Scott Skiles gettin fired. This schedule is brutal indeed one possible bright spot was that the main players who let the apprisal happen with the firing of Skiles like Kirk, Ben Gordon etc are all gone, well except for Deng.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

This team collectively is stronger mentally, more focused, and more passionate than any team we've had since the Jordan era ended in my opinion. Since that time I feel like this is the roster that we've had that is the best equipped and more able to handle the Circus trip and road games in general. I'm going to come out and say that this year's team will have the best road record and the best record during the circus trip out of any of the team's we had since our last championship. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but through all our discussions, through analyzing the roster and each individual player up and down along with the addition of the new coach I just truly believe this is the best team we've had in front of us since Jordan, Pippen and the rest of the guys played their last game here.

We'll see...
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Since our last title in 97-98 our best season record wise 06-07 when we finished 49-33.

I see us surpassing that this coming season.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I don't have time to research how we've done on the road over the years since the last championship and how we've done specifically on the circus trip so if someone wants to try looking into that information, but if not i'll do some research when I have some spare time.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I don't have time to research how we've done on the road over the years since the last championship and how we've done specifically on the circus trip so if someone wants to try looking into that information, but if not i'll do some research when I have some spare time.

The year Larry Hughes was here was the ONLY time since Jordan that we've had a winning record on the circus trip. and that was only .500. I know that other than that it's been sub .500
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Since our last title in 97-98 our best season record wise 06-07 when we finished 49-33.

I see us surpassing that this coming season.

As a Bulls fan, I hope and pray that your prediction would be accurate.
My biggest concern aside from health is their ability to score. Boston with the big 3 wouldn't have had problems scoring but at times they did bec of Thib's defensive "23 feet" principle (I forgot exactly the correct specific term) where they basically pack it in from within 23 feet, no taking chances for possible steals, no leaking out for easy transistion baskets etc.
They would have been more explosive and not vulnerable offensively if they were able to acquire Reddick, but oh well, we move on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: