Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
FPJ

FPJ has no real reputation yet.
Default Wade's problems during the playoffs

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013...-game-7-finals

This article is for all the morons who jumped on Wade.

Also, Spo trolling a certain team???

Quote:
"We know what he was dealing with," Spoelstra said after Game 7. "Really, he should be commended for being out there and doing whatever it takes, putting himself out there for criticism, possible criticism, because he wasn't 100 percent. And he just helped us win. That was the bottom line. It was a selfless effort for two months. And some players probably wouldn't have played."

FPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Wade's problems during the playoffs

Thanks for the article.

He was much maligned for his game 6 performance, and I never knew how much pain he was in that night. The irony in all this is that fans were saying "Why is Spolestra playing him? He's hurting the team!", and Wade had those same sentiments and voiced them to Spolestra in the Indiana series. Spolestra has to be commended to put that much trust in Wade and as usual Wade delivered when it mattered most.

It just shows how much we don't know about whats' actually going on with players on an individual level.

Happy for the guy since he's been so underrated for his entire career. Like he said, 3 rings validates the type of player he actually is.

Quote:
"Because of the way my career has gone and the things I've dealt with personally, I wanted this third one. In my mind, it validates the player I've become in this league. When you change your position, going from being talked about as one of the three best players in this game to people questioning your ability, I needed this one to validate that what I did was the right thing. I can be at peace with anything going forward."
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #3
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This isn't necessarily directed at Wade, but for me, there's a difference between a freak injury, and consistently being injured. In my opinion, you can get a pass for a freak injury, but as the injuries become more consistent, you no longer get to use that excuse... because that is now who you are as a player.

I have no doubt that next year Wade will see reduced minutes throughout the regular season, as well as skipping a few games to rest. A 100% healthy Wade is more important to winning playoff games then claiming the #1 seed. Honestly, LeBron can probably carry the team to a #1 seed by himself out East. Their biggest threats out East aren't exactly great regular season teams.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
kamil
Your Mom

kamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Honestly, LeBron can probably carry the team to a #1 seed by himself out East. Their biggest threats out East aren't exactly great regular season teams.

He could have done it this past season seeing how basically the entire league, not just the east, was injured.

Asterisk :)
kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmm talking about rose?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Hmm talking about rose?
No. Rose wasn't injured.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool

Rose. lol.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Le Shaqtus
Knights, Jags, Magic

Le Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation hereLe Shaqtus has an incredible reputation here

This dude is a warrior I hope his chronic knee stuff won't force him to retire early.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
This isn't necessarily directed at Wade, but for me, there's a difference between a freak injury, and consistently being injured. In my opinion, you can get a pass for a freak injury, but as the injuries become more consistent, you no longer get to use that excuse... because that is now who you are as a player.

Agreed.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: