Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Who's in College right now? Or has been to college?

Im lieu of me starting school back up again tomorrow In which I'm pretty excited about, I wanted to know which of you homies is going to school right now, or whoever plans on going, or has already gone. Also where do you go? (Only so I can find you and touch your body).

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Who's in College right now? Or has been to college?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Im lieu of me starting school back up again tomorrow In which I'm pretty excited about, I wanted to know which of you homies is going to school right now, or whoever plans on going, or has already gone. Also where do you go? (Only so I can find you and touch your body).
    Hola, I'm a college student. I start back much later than most schools (I won't say when or which school). I do go to an urban school on the East coast (not in NYC sadly). I'm a senior and plan to be graduating in a few semesters (possibly a semester early). Plan to apply to a graduate school in a health related field (not sure which specific field yet).

If I did it again, I would have applied to University of Michigan. It was my dream school but the time I realized I wanted to apply, it was past their rolling admissions deadline. Literally 2 days after. But thankfully at that point I was already admitted into about 3 schools so I was fine. My SAT scores were pretty abysmal thanks to the writing section (that section gave me fits, didn't know how to study for it). They held me back at a few schools I got waitlisted at especially a top 3 school in NYC =/ that I was considering.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 08-18-2014 at 11:36 AM.

I've been. I'm still kind of in, but looking forward to it ending.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I went to a smaller state school that had about 20k+ students at it. They gave me a decent scholarship offer and I liked the campus and that was that.

I had great grades and very solid ACT score, i could have gotten into some big name schools but i didn't even try. (big name state schools, e.g. your big 10, SEC, big 12, aren't difficult to get into at all) My parents didn't go to college and are off the boat, they didn't push me to try for the best schools, they didn't really know any better. I didn't know any better either. You tell a counselor you are thinking about going to X and all they say is "Wow great school, good job!"

I think private schools are a huge rip-off and students should be very cognizant of what they are paying. Don't ever listen to somebody that says "tuition doesn't matter".

I graduated with 0 dollars and 0 cents in debt.

I'm still in college/uni. Am in Waterloo uni.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

graduated 5 years ago from CSULB. havent had a summer since....

Got my masters two years ago and since then my life has been a boring routine dominated cycle. Enjoy your college life as much as you can man, after that it's all work and no play

Leavin this Sunday, classes start next day. fcking siced

still in college

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Got my masters two years ago and since then my life has been a boring routine dominated cycle. Enjoy your college life as much as you can man, after that it's all work and no play
    Sounds like the problem isn't that you aren't in college anymore, it's that your job is boring and unfulfilling.

To OP, I graduated college in 2005, and spent the first year or so really missing it. But once you find a good job, something you enjoy and challenges you, start putting together some cash, you'll realize that college might have been fun but it's no contest for real life. And, although I enjoyed and cherish my days as a collegian, I have found that there are more fulfilling things in life than having no responsibilities and partying with your buddies. Enjoy it while you are there, but realize that other, significant chapters of your life are still to be written. Graduation is not the end of the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Sounds like the problem isn't that you aren't in college anymore, it's that your job is boring and unfulfilling.

To OP, I graduated college in 2005, and spent the first year or so really missing it. But once you find a good job, something you enjoy and challenges you, start putting together some cash, you'll realize that college might have been fun but it's no contest for real life. And, although I enjoyed and cherish my days as a collegian, I have found that there are more fulfilling things in life than having no responsibilities and partying with your buddies. Enjoy it while you are there, but realize that other, significant chapters of your life are still to be written. Graduation is not the end of the good times.

What do you work as?

That's sort of immaterial to the thread. What is relevant, my current career arc would have been completely unforeseen had you asked me about when I graduated. But that's the beauty of trying different things; you may tap into something you didn't even know you would enjoy. You may learn things you never thought you'd learn. You might meet people you never would have met. And you might make some pretty good money doing it.

Not that work needs to be your favorite thing to do in the world, but if you're miserable, unhappy, bored, and not challenged where you work, it's time to try something else.

Graduated with a Bachelor's degree (University of California, Davis) and currently in the middle of my Masters.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT

What do you work as?
    he's a roughneck in the dakota oilfields.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    he's a roughneck in the dakota oilfields.
    Untrue on both counts.