Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a BUST?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Eh imo Jennings will end up being a better point guard than Bayless. Jennings and Rose is closer than Rose and Bayless.
    Brandon Jennings=The Next Allen Iverson.

[COLOR="White"]*Waits For Statman's Response*[/COLOR]

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

^^ u maybe right on this one Interminator... rose needs to work on his shooting.. to live up to the hype that he is getting...

I do. From a very old thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    I am starting to think people on this board have not watched Derrick Rose play this year. He is not a pure point, he was not one in high school ,and the system he plays in college does not call for any pure pointguarding as every one on the floor not named Joey Dorsey is charged with penetrating and kicking. He is not responsible for controlling tempo CDR is. I have watched games where I have forgotten he was on the floor; a dominant player should always be accounted for. He is not the defender that Mayo is or the shotmaker that Bayless is. As a person who lives in CUSA country I have seen the majority of Memphis's games. Beasley is effective even though he plays in a dysfunctional offense and everyone knows the ball is coming to him. He is keyed on and he gets the job done. He needs to tighten up his footwork because it diminishes his athletic advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    thing is, you present no single argument for rose being a bust other than your personal gut feeling. that's some lousy posting right there.
    Common sense should tell you. I mean the guy didnt even play pg in hs. He has D-Wade scoring skills, but his point guard skills are overrated.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh-2-Def
    Common sense should tell you. I mean the guy didnt even play pg in hs. He has D-Wade scoring skills, but his point guard skills are overrated.
    We don't need Rose to have outstanding court vision like Kidd or Nash. We just need an athletic freak who'll push the tempo with Wade and Marion at the PG. Another penetrator kick out with Wade. When Wade is out of the game, nobody penetrates, or has that ability I should say. Especially not Ricky Davis who happens to think he can. Thus, Rose is perfect with us.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    We don't need Rose to have outstanding court vision like Kidd or Nash. We just need an athletic freak who'll push the tempo with Wade and Marion at the PG. Another penetrator kick out with Wade. When Wade is out of the game, nobody penetrates, or has that ability I should say. Especially not Ricky Davis who happens to think he can. Thus, Rose is perfect with us.
    Sorry bro. No way Chicago passes up on the home town kid. Rose is going to Chicago!

no sorry that isn't common sense. that's your opinion purely. which you are trying to pass up as fact. and aren't we seeing a $hitload of very successful combo guards right about now, wade being the prime example?

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Imo,in 5 years Brook Lopez will be the best out of this nice draft class!!!!!!!!!!!! Wolves have to take him at 3 and have their front court set for the next 8 years with he and Big Al

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Sorry bro. No way Chicago passes up on the home town kid. Rose is going to Chicago!
    You don't know what a GM could be thinking. They don't all pick players just to make their fans happy. He'll probably try to trade Hinrich and if that doesn't work out then there's a good chance he'll take Beasley.

no sorry that isn't common sense. that's your opinion purely. which you are trying to pass up as fact. and aren't we seeing a $hitload of very successful combo guards right about now, wade being the prime example?
    That doesn't mean any thing. He is being listed as a point guard. Chicago has Hinrich on the trade block planning to make this guy there point guard which I think is ridiculous. If he's anything, he's a sg.

That doesn't mean any thing. He is being listed as a point guard. Chicago has Hinrich on the trade block planning to make this guy there point guard which I think is ridiculous. If he's anything, he's a sg.
    exactly, it doesn't mean a thing

so where does that fit into your "rose is a bust" OP? three pages, and you yet have to give us a single argument

exactly, it doesn't mean a thing

so where does that fit into your "rose is a bust" OP? three pages, and you yet have to give us a single argument
    Dude I'm saying the guy is suppose to be the next super point guard. People are saying he is a leader comparing him to kidd, paul, and D. Will when the guy really isn't a point guard at all. He maybe a good player, but not the superstar everyone has him made out to be. Happy now? If not, who gives a sh*t

Will Rose be a bust?? Most likely not. But I gotta say that Jay Williams was awfully good in college and he had a very inconsistent rookie year....I'm rooing for D rose however, would be a better fit with the Heat. If he starts in Chicago then Gordon has to start too over Hughes for some 3 point shooting.

I don't agree, when you look at Rose, think a bigger Tony Parker. Tony parker is a pg too although he doesn't average a ton of assists. Rose pushes the ball and has good leadership skills for a young guy

this rose cat reminds me of a dajuan wagner type player, good all around point guard with good size and good drive who became a bust quickly because of the transition of freshman basketball to the nba, so yes I do.