Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #211
Grinder

Default Re: 2013 FIBA Americas Tournament

Jamaica eliminates Brazil 78-76 and will advance to the second round. Samardo Samuels lead Jamaica with 21 point/8 rebounds.

Great win for Jamaica, but man, what a disgraceful tournament from a country with such strong basketball tradition.

It's one thing not to medal, but to go winless in the group stage with teams like Uruguay and Jamaica is pathetic. Even without their NBA players, they had several very good players with plenty of international experience. Brazil better pray for a WC to the World Cup after their catastrophic display in this tournament. This is a new low for Brazilian basketball.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #212
Miller for 3
Local High School Star

Wow, Brazil was one of the favorites to win this year, and now they are eliminated in the prelim round I feel bad for Huertas, he put on a passing clinic
Miller for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #213
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

All you ****ing assholes talking shit about how Brazil is better than any team in Europe except Spain can all ****ing go burn in hell.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #214
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller for 3
Wow, Brazil was one of the favorites to win this year, and now they are eliminated in the prelim round I feel bad for Huertas, he put on a passing clinic

Huertas is the reason they lost the game and the main reason they lost every game. Same exact shit from him as what you see in Euroleague, which is why he's always being constantly benched in Barca.

He is a huge choker and he can't guard anyone. It was already well known he could not guard a single guard in Euroleague, but now it is known he could not guard any guard in this tournament either, which is clearly much lower than Euroleague level.

You simply can't be successful with a lead guard playing 35 minutes a game that absolutely cannot defend anyone.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #215
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Jamaica eliminates Brazil 78-76 and will advance to the second round. Samardo Samuels lead Jamaica with 21 point/8 rebounds.

Great win for Jamaica, but man, what a disgraceful tournament from a country with such strong basketball tradition.

It's one thing not to medal, but to go winless in the group stage with teams like Uruguay and Jamaica is pathetic. Even without their NBA players, they had several very good players with plenty of international experience. Brazil better pray for a WC to the World Cup after their catastrophic display in this tournament. This is a new low for Brazilian basketball.

Brazil has no reason to get a wild card. It's not China, that is a big revenue generator. The good teams in Europe that don't make it will be 10 times more deserving than Brazil is.

It will be an absolute joke if Brazil gets a wild card. The 3 wild cards that remain after China gets theirs, should go to European teams.

No way in hell does a team going 0-4 in a tournament that is lower level than AfroBasket deserve a wild card.

And this was NOTHING like last year when the refs rigged the games and the refs caused Macedonia and Greece to get beat. This was a straight 50/50 game and the refs played no part in it.

It was not a rigged butchery like what happened last summer. Brazil just lost the game fairly.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #216
KG215
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Clearly Brazil was better off without Barbosa, Splitter, and Varejao.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #217
gabepizza
Good High School Starter

Brazil will get the wild card they just have to promise to bring their NBA players. With them (Barbosa, Splitter, Nene, Varejao) they are medal contenders.

Shows what a difference a few NBA players make. With those guys they were 5th in the World. Without them they couldn't get out of pool play in the Olympics.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #218
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Brazil will get the wild card they just have to promise to bring their NBA players. With them (Barbosa, Splitter, Nene, Varejao) they are medal contenders.

Shows what a difference a few NBA players make. With those guys they were 5th in the World. Without them they couldn't get out of pool play in the Olympics.

GTFO

And they do NOT deserve a wild card and it will be a complete absurd decision if they get one. The teams in Europe will be absolutely furious.

You and this "5th in the world" bullshit.

They would be lucky to make a quarterfinals at any EuroBasket, no matter what roster they had. You are so freaking crazy.

I read your crap lies and trolls for well over a year now about how it is "guaranteed" that both Brazil and Nigeria finish above Greece at the 2014 FIBA World Cup.........

And neither one of them even made the tournament. You said these were "facts", "the truth", and "anyone that disagrees is certifiably insane, delusional, and is a liar."

Of course, here we are with neither team even making the tournament, and not one single mea cupla from you. Scumbag.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-03-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #219
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Clearly Brazil was better off without Barbosa, Splitter, and Varejao.

Stop trolling a-hole.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #220
kaiteng
Banned

Canada beat the crap out of Uruguay, 93-67, and take the 2nd place spot in Group A.

Andrew Nicholson looked good in this game, 18 points with 3/3 threes. Cory Joseph is having most assists in this tournament.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #221
Twiens
Decent college freshman

Canada looks damn good
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #222
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Brazil has no reason to get a wild card. It's not China, that is a big revenue generator. The good teams in Europe that don't make it will be 10 times more deserving than Brazil is.

It will be an absolute joke if Brazil gets a wild card. The 3 wild cards that remain after China gets theirs, should go to European teams.

No way in hell does a team going 0-4 in a tournament that is lower level than AfroBasket deserve a wild card.

And this was NOTHING like last year when the refs rigged the games and the refs caused Macedonia and Greece to get beat. This was a straight 50/50 game and the refs played no part in it.

It was not a rigged butchery like what happened last summer. Brazil just lost the game fairly.

There is a wildcard tourney for all regional teams that narrowly missed out, I do not think China or Brazil will qualify for that as they have placed too low.

Chinese Taipei just missed out in Asia and should get the nod ahead of China, and whoever comes 5th here (cannot be Brazil) will rep this region.

I do not think they do it by reputation, but I may be wrong.

IN OTHER NEWS

Another great 20 plus point win today for the Canadian team (up 51-25 at the half).

I really like how Nicholson and Joseph are stepping up into leadership roles (we really need Joseph to play well every game) and I am LOVING the way Jay Triano is coaching this team. We look better every time out and seem to be improving at a faster rate than every team we play.

With Thompson and Anthony we will have great interior defense, it is just up to the guards to put the clamps on the other team's perimeter players.

Should be interesting to see what the other side of the bracket looks like this weekend, with Brazil shitting the bed so horribly, there is room at the top for some fresh meat, and right now I like Puerto Rico, Argentina, Canada to get through with the surprising Dominicans and Mexico battling it out for the last spot.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:24 AM   #223
Dr.J4ever
Justice4 the ABA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
There is a wildcard tourney for all regional teams that narrowly missed out, I do not think China or Brazil will qualify for that as they have placed too low.

Chinese Taipei just missed out in Asia and should get the nod ahead of China, and whoever comes 5th here (cannot be Brazil) will rep this region.

IN OTHER NEWS

Another great 20 plus point win today for the Canadian team (up 51-25 at the half).

I really like how Nicholson and Joseph are stepping up into leadership roles (we really need Joseph to play well every game) and I am LOVING the way Jay Triano is coaching this team. We look better every time out and seem to be improving at a faster rate than every team we play.

With Thompson and Anthony we will have great interior defense, it is just up to the guards to put the clamps on the other team's perimeter players.

Should be interesting to see what the other side of the bracket looks like this weekend, with Brazil shitting the bed so horribly, there is room at the top for some fresh meat, and right now I like Puerto Rico, Argentina, Canada to get through with the surprising Dominicans and Mexico battling it out for the last spot.

Everything Euroleague predicted is burning up in hell. "Brazil is better without Splitter and Barbosa" and "Canadian fans are delusional". He is always wrong, but is never deterred.

At the end of the day, if everyone disagrees with you, you have to ask if you're a genius or a nut. So I ask euroleague, are you genius or nut?
Dr.J4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #224
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

IN OTHER NEWS

There is no wild card tournament. The wild cards are given by bidding. In other words, the national team federations that offer the most money to FIBA get the wild cards, then if the money is the same, they decide by which country would generate the most revenue.

So either way China is guaranteed to be there.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #225
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
Everything Euroleague predicted is burning up in hell. "Brazil is better without Splitter and Barbosa" and "Canadian fans are delusional". He is always wrong, but is never deterred.

At the end of the day, if everyone disagrees with you, you have to ask if you're a genius or a nut. So I ask euroleague, are you genius or nut?

Another LIE from you the LIAR.

Point out where I ever said Brazil would be better in THIS tournament. I NEVER said it. You twist my words around and LIE because you are a total scumbag.

I said Brazil would have been better LAST YEAR, with the team they had LAST YEAR without them.

I never said they would be better THIS year.

Once again you LIE and TWIST and MANIPULATE and try to pretend Brazil has the same exact team minus those two players.

In your psychotic fantasy land, Varejao, Machado, Nene, Vinicius are either playing in this tournament, or did not play last year.

But it's already been well established here that you are psychotic.

You are a lying trolling POS.

Canadian NBA only fans ARE delusional. They have been claiming for a LONG time that Canada would win the silver medal at the World Cup and the next Olympics. How the hell is that not delusional?

Are you telling me Canada is going to win the silver medal at those tournaments? If you are, it's just one more proof of what a clown you are.

You are a total psychopath. You clearly have zero conscience of any kind when you tell lies about other people.

And at the end of the day, you don't have to ask anyone if you are a psychopath, because you are by your own actions, a textbook definition case.

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-04-2013 at 10:59 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: