Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Awkwardness in Life

One of the worst i ever had was when i was at the store with the girl i was seeing, and a girl i had messed around with a few months before ended up being our cashier. That was the most awkward thing ever

Banned

1. Walking by people from your old high school in college. What am I supposed to say to them? I knew them but I was never really friends with them. I usually just give a, "hey wuts up" or stare at the ground.

2. Walking by your roommate outside of the dorm. What am I supposed to say to them? "Hey wuts up man see you in the dorm room." Pointless and awkward.

3. Walking by people in the dorm. Usually I just keep my head straight but most of the time people pull out their cell phones and act like they are doing something important.
    yeah pretty much. that's why I wear an ipod usually. just to demonstrate that I am most definitely in another dimension. relieves any and all awkwardness on either my part or the other person's.

half the time I don't even have music playing.. i just dont want people talking to me

this might be general but have you ever had this happen:

you're good friends with person A
    person A is good friends with person B
    person B loathes you and vice versa.
    person A does not recognize this and wants the 3 of you always to hang out.
    Last edited by geeWiz15; 11-06-2007 at 10:45 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    yeah pretty much. that's why I wear an ipod usually. just to demonstrate that I am most definitely in another dimension. relieves any and all awkwardness on either my part or the other person's.

half the time I don't even have music playing.. i just dont want people talking to me

this might be general but have you ever had this happen:

you're good friends with person A
    person A is good friends with person B
    person B loathes you and vice versa.
    person A does not recognize this and wants the 3 of you always to hang out.
    lol...not sociable?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    lol...not sociable?
    I'm kinda like that too. I'll see people I know in the hallway (we don't have dorms at my school) and I'll either pretend not to see them or just give a casual what up.

In It to Win It

I've got a very awkward one.

My roommate broke up with his girlfriend (who had been going out with him for about 3 years), and his best friend who also lives with us, is now dating the girl (my roommate's ex-girlfriend). And she broke up BECAUSE she had feelings for my roommate's best friend!!!

And then a friend comes over one day (about a few days after they broke up), and he says to the girl (not intentionally, it just slipped out): Did you see what your boyfriend was wearing (referring to my roommate)? QUITE AWKWARD.

If you see someone you recognize and you make eye contact with em, its rude not to acknowledge them, I usually just give em the head nod if I dont wanna say a word.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    I've got a very awkward one.

My roommate broke up with his girlfriend (who had been going out with him for about 3 years), and his best friend who also lives with us, is now dating the girl (my roommate's ex-girlfriend). And she broke up BECAUSE she had feelings for my roommate's best friend!!!

And then a friend comes over one day (about a few days after they broke up), and he says to the girl (not intentionally, it just slipped out): Did you see what your boyfriend was wearing (referring to my roommate)? QUITE AWKWARD.
    Your roomate's friend broke the most important man law: You don't date your friend's girl.

He should be made to turn in his testicles at once.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes
    Your roomate's friend broke the most important man law: You don't date your friend's girl.

He should be made to turn in his testicles at once.
    Forget dating...

You don't even SPEAK to your friends's ex-girlfriend.

It's like the 11th Commandment.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Forget dating...

You don't even SPEAK to your friends's ex-girlfriend.

It's like the 11th Commandment.
    what if she is like Carmen Electra or something???

idk...I might have to call my freind and just say "hey man I am really sorry, but my pe[COLOR="Black"]ni[/COLOR]s wouldn't allow me to stay away, I had no choice, I hope you understand"

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

When you stare into space in one persons general direction, usually a girl, and they catch you, then you try to turn away as quickly as possible as if they had never seen you. Hate when that **** happens.

Retired ISH Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Sometimes its fun making things awkward. Like staring at a girl you barely know. I have done it a couple times and they make this weird ass smile. It's quite hilarious.
    That weird ass smile means that they think you're a freak.

Ever been out somewhere with your girl A of interest and a few of her friends, and one of her friends just kinda hogs you the whole time. She's asking you all the questions while you just kinda give generic responses, hoping she'll get out of your way and let you get back to the girl A you came to see. Then the other friends pull her aside and out the way. Kinda awkward, especially if it's not really said that you and girl A like each other.

oh man i just remembered the absolute most awkward moment of my life:

so for anyone who doesn't know my ex gf lived in new mexico, and last march i was about to fly out to spend a few weeks with her. my dad drove me to the airport and right before we get to the airport he slows the car down and turns the radio off...

Dad: "Bran, did you bring....protection?"

I grab for the radio to turn it back on

Dad: "no Bran I'm serious, did you?"

I sigh and say "NO we'll get it when i get there" then blast the radio up. That moment still haunts me

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    oh man i just remembered the absolute most awkward moment of my life:

so for anyone who doesn't know my ex gf lived in new mexico, and last march i was about to fly out to spend a few weeks with her. my dad drove me to the airport and right before we get to the airport he slows the car down and turns the radio off...

Dad: "Bran, did you bring....protection?"

I grab for the radio to turn it back on

Dad: "no Bran I'm serious, did you?"

I sigh and say "NO we'll get it when i get there" then blast the radio up. That moment still haunts me
    Wait.

Your name is Bran?

Brandon lol