Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your fav beers?

Default Your fav beers?

overall? styles? any breweries you keep your eye on?

no real weaknesses and an extremely sessionable beer for an ale. clean finish, not too 'heavy'.

i bought this on a whim at a convenient store because of the name. i mean...arrogant bastard? how cool is that? i thought the name was the novelty of it...i went into it thinking it was going to taste pretty awful. ended up being one of my fav beers ever. not cheap though so i don't buy it too often.

budweiser impressed me with this one

this tastes really malty with a hint of chocolate or sugar. no 'corn' taste to it all

along with newcastle, this is another of my go-to beers

same brewery as arrogant bastard. basically a stronger, hoppier version. nuff said

been a fav of mine for years. goes great with bbq.

as you can see, i really, really like ales

don't get me wrong though...i've knocked back plenty of cheap 40s as well. if i want a cheap buzz with beer, that's the way to go

Default Re: Your fav beers?

Newcastle, Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Corona, Yuengling, PBR, Stella Artois, and Bass for session drinking. Various Sam Adams are another favorite of mine

Most of the best craft brews I've had I can't remember the names. Iron Hill Brewery near Philly has some amazing ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Newcastle, Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Corona, Yuengling, PBR, Stella Artois, and Bass for session drinking. Various Sam Adams are another favorite of mine

Most of the best craft brews I've had I can't remember the names. Iron Hill Brewery near Philly has some amazing ones though.
    PBR definitely isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

funny you mention stella...i'm actually drinking one right now. i know it has a reputation as a 'girly' drink but it's ok i guess. i don't think i'd buy it myself but i've certainly had worse beers.

i totally whiffed on sam adams. boston lager is another of my go-to beers. i love trying out new breweries. i'm not a beer snob but i'll drive a few miles just to get a 6 pack of something local i heard is good. too bad i can't really get any microbrews from anywhere east over here

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm

i bought this on a whim at a convenient store because of the name. i mean...arrogant bastard? how cool is that? i thought the name was the novelty of it...i went into it thinking it was going to taste pretty awful. ended up being one of my fav beers ever. not cheap though so i don't buy it too often.
    One of your favorite beers ever? I tried this last year and I compared the taste to carbonated cat piss with dandelions in a blender. I don't know how you can enjoy that

PBR definitely isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

funny you mention stella...i'm actually drinking one right now. i know it has a reputation as a 'girly' drink but it's ok i guess. i don't think i'd buy it myself but i've certainly had worse beers.
    Who says that? The real Stella's 5.2% and high in alcohol compared to most beers men drink.

Quote Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
    One of your favorite beers ever? I tried this last year and I compared the taste to carbonated cat piss with dandelions in a blender. I don't know how you can enjoy that
    well, you would be in the minority. i showed it to two friends and they loved it too. maybe you don't like the bitterness of ales? it's sort of an acquired taste. if you don't like ales, it is absolutely not the beer for you even though i find it to be pretty moderate bitter-wise as far as ales go

Who says that? The real Stella's 5.2% and high in alcohol compared to most beers men drink.
    it's not about ABV. lots of women drink stella's. look at how they market it.

a woman in a bathtub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYODoC6GG_E

women being serenaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1uuqB-M4F0

it totally has a reputation for a being a 'girly' drink. doesn't mean men can't like it....

Hunger for Neurosis DEADPOOLZOMBIE's Avatar

Hoegaarden, Newcastle, and Black Shine

well, you would be in the minority. i showed it to two friends and they loved it too. maybe you don't like the bitterness of ales? it's sort of an acquired taste. if you don't like ales, it is absolutely not the beer for you even though i find it to be pretty moderate bitter-wise as far as ales go
    Ales aren't my absolute favorite but I do like some. I gave a few to my friends too and we all hated it. Maybe they were skunked. I don't know. Someone reading this forum, follow up on this!

it totally has a reputation for a being a 'girly' drink. doesn't mean men can't like it....

I've still never heard that in my life.

I've been working part-time in a beer distributor for the past three and a half years and haven't sold one case to a female. Not one.

same brewery as arrogant bastard. basically a stronger, hoppier version. nuff said
    If you ever get the chance to go to San Diego I highly highly recommend going to their brewery (in Escondido). Easily one of my favorite places to go to when I lived down there, their Imperial Russian is my favorite beer to drink but its usually on limited release and the place would be packed when they had growler pours of it.

I like many of your choices: Black Butte, Sierra Nevada (enjoy their Celebration Ale as well), Firestone DBA. Those are all beers I buy on the regular. Lagunitas Little Sumpin' and Pliny the Elder are up there too. I had the pleasure of trying Pliny the Younger at the Russian River brewery and it was too good.

I've still never heard that in my life.

I've been working part-time in a beer distributor for the past three and a half years and haven't sold one case to a female. Not one.
    interesting. i knew at least one female that loved them. maybe they don't buy by the case?

marketing is always interesting. notice how dr pepper is doing a campaign that says drinking dr pepper is a 'guy thing'. at first, i asked...why would they want to alienate soda drinking females? but they must do tons of case studies that show the vast majority of dr pepper drinkers are male. all i know is that stella's are almost exclusively marketed towards women.

oh and maybe give AB another shot? unless you were that repulsed? to each their own i guess

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    If you ever get the chance to go to San Diego I highly highly recommend going to their brewery (in Escondido). Easily one of my favorite places to go to when I lived down there, their Imperial Russian is my favorite beer to drink but its usually on limited release and the place would be packed when they had growler pours of it.

I like many of your choices: Black Butte, Sierra Nevada (enjoy their Celebration Ale as well), Firestone DBA. Those are all beers I buy on the regular. Lagunitas Little Sumpin' and Pliny the Elder are up there too. I had the pleasure of trying Pliny the Younger at the Russian River brewery and it was too good.
    for sure dude. i used to live in SD as well....back in 04-05. way before i knew of the brewery. if i'm ever down there again, that will definitely be on my to do list. vons is the cheapest place i can find to buy it. truth be told, i'm usually a cheap whiskey/coke guy. i always look forward to anything stone brewing co. though. they are definitely on my radar.

i want to expand my choices so i'll try to pick up some lagunitas or pliny next time
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 06-10-2012 at 08:50 PM.

As already mentioned, Stone Brewing Company is the best

Three Floyds is pretty ****ing great too.