Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: Jrue Holliday!

I see Holiday as being one of those guys whose stats don't stand out completely but he's known as one of the better players away from the stat sheet. 15 points/5.5 assists/5 rebounds (I hear he's a great rebounder ) 2 steals but plays great defense, does the dirty work, protects the ball, and wins games. And with Jennings still popping off at the mouth I'm glad we didn't end up with him.

I'm looking forward to a Holiday/Young/Speights trio in the future.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

It's kinda funny listening to people say how we have to wait on him a few years before he contributes. Didn't we hear that the past 2 years with our picks? I'm expecting the same outcome now...getting greedy. But i loved the pick. Maynor wasn't a risk, but Holiday has way too much upside to pass up at 17. He was practically gift wrapped for us. I would say he was the steal of the draft before Blair fell to 37.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Jrue Holiday’s father Shawn played for Arizona State in the early 1980s. There the older Holiday was coached by former Penn coach Bob Weinhauer. Weinhauer’s two assistant coaches were former Sixers Doug Collins and Henry Bibby, so the Philadelphia influence began 27 years ago.

Asked if he remembered anything about Shawn Holiday, Collins said: “Not much. I remember him being a good athlete but a streaky shooter. But he was always very respectful.”

Based on first impressions, the apple did not fall far from the tree. With regards to respectful. And the last time a UCLA Bruin landed in Philadelphia, he became an All-Star – that was Chase Utley, who made his major league debut with the Phillies in 2003.
pretty cool
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: