Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Shep
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,572
Default The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Starting 5:


Center
Bob Lanier
9 years with Detroit ('71-'79)
Best Season ('74): 22.5ppg, 13.3rpg, 4.2apg, 1.4spg, 3bpg


Power Forward
Rasheed Wallace
6 years with Detroit ('04-)
Best Season ('06): 15.1ppg, 6.8rpg, 2.3apg, 1spg, 1.6bpg


Small Forward
Grant Hill
6 years with Detroit ('95-'00)
Best Season ('97): 21.4ppg, 9rpg, 7.3apg, 1.8spg, .6bpg


Shooting Guard
Jerry Stackhouse
5 years with Detroit ('98-'02)
Best Season ('01): 29.8ppg, 3.9rpg, 5.1apg, 1.2spg, .7bpg


Point Guard
Isiah Thomas
13 years with Detroit ('82-'94)
Best Season ('85): 21.2ppg, 4.5rpg, 13.9apg, 2.3spg, .3bpg

Bench:


Center
Ben Wallace
6 years with Detroit ('01-'06)
Best Season ('06): 7.3ppg, 11.3rpg, 1.9apg, 1.8spg, 2.2bpg


Power Forward
Dennis Rodman
7 years with Detroit ('87-'93)
Best Season ('92): 9.8ppg, 18.7rpg, 2.3apg, .8spg, .9bpg


Small Forward
Tayshaun Prince
7 years with Detroit ('03-)
Best Season ('05): 14.3ppg, 5.2rpg, 2.9apg, .7spg, .8bpg


Shooting Guard
Richard Hamilton
7 years with Detroit ('03-)
Best Season ('06): 20.1ppg, 3.2rpg, 3.4apg, .7spg, .2bpg


Point Guard
Chauncey Billups
6 years with Detroit ('03-'08)
Best Season ('06): 18.5ppg, 3.1rpg, 8.6apg, .9spg, .1bpg
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
Shep
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Bench Continued:


Center
Bill Laimbeer
13 years with Detroit ('82-'94)
Best Season ('84): 17.3ppg, 12.2rpg, 1.8apg, .6spg, 1bpg


Point Guard
Dave Bing
9 years with Detroit ('67-'75)
Best Season ('71): 27ppg, 4.4rpg, 5apg
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Hotwater10
Banned
 
Hotwater10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Rip>Jerry
Hotwater10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Big problem, you don't have Joe Dumars on this list.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Shep
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Rip>Jerry
nah
Quote:
Big problem, you don't have Joe Dumars on this list.
that doesn't make sense. i just stated what the official all time detroit pistons roster was and there was no room for joe dumars, no problems there. if i was making a top 3 shooting guards in pistons history list dumars would be listed, however.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
nah

that doesn't make sense. i just stated what the official all time detroit pistons roster was and there was no room for joe dumars, no problems there. if i was making a top 3 shooting guards in pistons history list dumars would be listed, however.

Basketball Hall of Fame (2006); NBA champion (1989, 1990); NBA Finals MVP (1989); NBA All-Rookie Team (1986); six-time NBA All-Star; All-NBA Second Team (1993); All-NBA Third Team (1990, '91); All-Defensive First Team (1989, 1990, '92, '93); All-Defensive Second Team (1991); World Championship gold medalist (1994)


Yea...problem.

I would easily replace Tayshaun, Rip, or Stackhouse with Joe D.

You really think Rip is a better shooting guard than Joe D was? Get real man, you must be going just by stats, because this makes no sense.

Joe D's accomplishments exceed every single player on your roster except for Isiah.

Stats aren't everything son.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,611
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Joe D is the best shooting gaurd the Pistons have ever had play on their team. It's crazy to leave him off the list.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Shep
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Basketball Hall of Fame (2006); NBA champion (1989, 1990); NBA Finals MVP (1989); NBA All-Rookie Team (1986); six-time NBA All-Star; All-NBA Second Team (1993); All-NBA Third Team (1990, '91); All-Defensive First Team (1989, 1990, '92, '93); All-Defensive Second Team (1991); World Championship gold medalist (1994)

Quote:
Yea...problem.

I would easily replace Tayshaun, Rip, or Stackhouse with Joe D.
thats a problem
Quote:
You really think Rip is a better shooting guard than Joe D was? Get real man, you must be going just by stats, because this makes no sense.
i go by alot of things, production is one of them. other things include:
- being an elite player, and joe dumars was never an elite player
- the fact that you would find dumars riding pine late in games in favor of vinny johnson
- circumstance. being that dumars was placed in a perfect system, with perfect role players (like himself)
- dumars never being detroit's best player, and being its second best player only once
- playing part in detroits second worst regular season record in 50 years
Quote:
Joe D's accomplishments exceed every single player on your roster except for Isiah.

Stats aren't everything son.
most accomplishments are a result of circumstance. why couldn't dumars put the team on his shoulders after the championships? because he needed perfect players around him in order to succeed, and when they left, his legacy died.
Quote:
Joe D is the best shooting gaurd the Pistons have ever had play on their team. It's crazy to leave him off the list.
not really, when you factor in jerry stackhouse and richard hamilton
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster



Alright.

/thread
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,611
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

I'm one of the biggest Rip supporters on this board. I really disliked signing BG as we've seen in other threads. With that said, there is no way Rip is as good as Joe D. Joe D was one of the best SG's in the league when he played. He was elite. If he wasn't how was it he was the best guy to D up the greatest of all time in Jordan? Even if you wanted to be crazy and say he isn't number one on the depth chart of all time Detroit SG's you can't say he isn't in the top 3.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
Hotwater10
Banned
 
Hotwater10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Dude. Jerrry Stackhouse is nothing! Also, Joey D is the most important person in Pistons history
Hotwater10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,611
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Didn't the Pistons just tell Stackhouse they didn't want him back?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Shep
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,572
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm one of the biggest Rip supporters on this board. I really disliked signing BG as we've seen in other threads. With that said, there is no way Rip is as good as Joe D. Joe D was one of the best SG's in the league when he played. He was elite. If he wasn't how was it he was the best guy to D up the greatest of all time in Jordan? Even if you wanted to be crazy and say he isn't number one on the depth chart of all time Detroit SG's you can't say he isn't in the top 3.
i never said he wasn't in the top 3 shooting guards
Quote:
Dude. Jerrry Stackhouse is nothing! Also, Joey D is the most important person in Pistons history
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwater10
Dude. Jerrry Stackhouse is nothing! Also, Joey D is the most important person in Pistons history

You know, when I first read this quote, I immediately thought .

But after thinking about it a little bit, he may be the second most important person in Pistons history. The only person I can place in front of him is Bill Davidson.

Those are the only two poeple that had a hand in all three Pistons championships.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #15
Hotwater10
Banned
 
Hotwater10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
Default Re: The Official All-Time Detroit Pistons Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
You know, when I first read this quote, I immediately thought .

But after thinking about it a little bit, he may be the second most important person in Pistons history. The only person I can place in front of him is Bill Davidson.

Those are the only two poeple that had a hand in all three Pistons championships.
Your right. Bill Davidson was the best person ever to be invovled with the NBA besides the great Ha Seung-Jin
Hotwater10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy