Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #196
picc84
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Classic lbj cockksucker's attitude: How could anyone not be elated and awed by the acquisition of Ben Wallace, who chicago fans liked about as much as malignant cancer, and wally szerbiak, an injury waiting to happen that played on one of the worst teams in the league. Its unthinkable!

Amazing that even skepticism over 3rd rate players is rewardable by insults. Anyone not amazed by the trade is a kobe nutthugger? I wonder where fans of "The King" got their sense of elitist entitlement.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #197
Jordan Pippen Rodman
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

people bring up hughes, who cares about hughes? wallace and smith took Playing Time away from Ty Thomas and Joakim Noah. now both of them will get excellent minutes. that's a major plus. hughes has had a lot of 30+ games recently. you can't say anything like that for ben wallace. plus, hughes is cheaper.
Jordan Pippen Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #198
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

I don't see how people can not like this deal for the Cavs. If worse comes to worse they only gave up 2 contributors (Gooden and Hughes) and picked up 4 (Wallace, Sczerbiak, Smith, and West). I see it looking great for them though. We'll see when everybody suits up though I guess.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #199
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: Wally World And Ben Wallace To Cavs!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
What's funny is that Chicago's newly acquired players are now their two best players. And at people comparing Wallace to Hughes. Hughes has had some monster games this year; Wallace has been useless. Just look at the game logs.

Hughes:

Feb 13th vs. SA - 26 pts 6 reb 3 ast
Feb 11th @ Orl - 40 pts 6 reb 3 ast
Jan 31st @ Sea - 28 pts 6 reb 5 ast
Jan 25th vs. Phx - 25 pts 8 reb
Dec 11th vs. Ind 36 pts 4 reb 4 ast

3 of those 5 games ended up being losses for the Cavs. He tended to put up bigger numbers in game in which they were losing. His contributions in tightly contested games weren't nearly as much.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #200
ZOMG
Decent playground baller

Horrible deal for the Cavs.
ZOMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #201
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Classic lbj cockksucker's attitude: How could anyone not be elated and awed by the acquisition of Ben Wallace, who chicago fans liked about as much as malignant cancer, and wally szerbiak, an injury waiting to happen that played on one of the worst teams in the league. Its unthinkable!

Amazing that even skepticism over 3rd rate players is rewardable by insults. Anyone not amazed by the trade is a kobe ******ger? I wonder where fans of "The King" got their sense of elitist entitlement.

The hypocrisy of calling out LBJ fans when Bryant has the worst in any sport is amazing.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #202
Created Player
Banned

Default So how long will it be before Larry Hughes gets hurt for his new team?

Not to wish anything bad on the guy, but it's just funny to me to see Bulls fans convince themselves that Hughes is anything other than an injury-prone SG.

You dudes got Larry Hughes and Drew "Freaking" Gooden. Two of the main reasons why the Cavs have underachieved the last two years.

Why are you happy?
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #203
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84

Amazing that even skepticism over 3rd rate players is rewardable by insults. Anyone not amazed by the trade is a kobe nutthugger? I wonder where fans of "The King" got their sense of elitist entitlement.

Which Cavs fans are you referring to?

I can see why people might be skeptical over this. I've watched most of their games and personally like it, but I don't think it's an earth shattering deal. Just a trade that gives us more depth and experience.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 02-21-2008 at 05:21 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #204
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Wallace and the Pistons succeeded most playing along side Sheed. I see Wallace and Z going 24 and 24. If that is the case, how will Smith/Varejao compare to Sheed defense, plus the entire team defense concept?

Wallace didn't have Rasheed until the 2004 trade deadline… He played 3˝ years alongside the likes of Cliff Robinson and Micheal Curry. Wallace scored more points than Curry! Wallace has always been an energy guy and is now at the point in his career where he does not have the energy like he did in his youth. Actually his performance started to decline when Rasheed joined the team…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #205
Smokee
Banned

Default Re: So how long will it be before Larry Hughes gets hurt for his new team?

its funny because Hughes will have small streaks of playing well, but eventually he turns back into his scrubb terrible shooting injury prone self. I think the Bulls just got fooled by Hughes recent play where he hasnt been terrible

i think he was already nursing a foot injury/inflamation or something.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #206
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Default Re: So how long will it be before Larry Hughes gets hurt for his new team?

believe me.. if you're a Cavs fan you won't like Benedict Wallets at all................ but you will be pleased with Joe Smith... he was playing well for the Bulls too....

I'm happy that we got rid of him in any way possible... I'm just not to happy with getting an inconsistent & injury prone Hughes in return... at least Gooden can still be a solid player and is better than Wallets...
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #207
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

I really want to see West play 30+ minutes at the point. He isn't incredible, but he supplies everything the Cavs want. He defends, he shoots, and he can dish a little. He could be a great second tier pg for them.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #208
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Paxson will probably trade most of the players away. I'm just glad that we got rid of Ben Wallace!!
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #209
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default So how long will it be before Larry Hughes blows up for his new team?

statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #210
Dbrog
National High School Star

Anyone know who Seattle is gonna waive? I think with this trade they have 16 players...
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: