Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The last time I played basketball...

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Arent you 6'5"?
    yup. Pretty sad, eh? 6'5 and it takes an EXTRAORDINARY effort/long @ss time for me to dunk. I've been doing a lot of jump roping and leg presses. My goal was to dunk before I turned 26 in November and I did it!

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    yup. Pretty sad, eh? 6'5 and it takes an EXTRAORDINARY effort/long @ss time for me to dunk. I've been doing a lot of jump roping and leg presses. My goal was to dunk before I turned 26 in November and I did it!

Congrats i threw down my first dunk this winter and i was so happy about it.

Certified ISHiot.

i shot an airball
    i made a game winning three
    i got burned by a crossover
    i made three 3s in a row
    my team won 2 games in a row
    my team lost a game
    i rolled my ankle, not that serious
    kept playing, won another game, and left.

I'm still young, and so my competition isn't exactly stunning. Played against a bunch of 12-13 years olds and they were all shorter than me. The last time I played ball:

I was got a wide-open layup, made it.
    Did a horribe job defensively while guarding a little girl, she fired a 3, I contested, she made it and everybody was like 'Daymun......"
    Threw some good outlet passes.
    Became the point guard on one possession, just jacked up a 3 and made it.

Krust Kingz

I unfortunately played with guys that were all shorter than me 5'11" and no bball IQ. Only black guy and one other Philipino sick PG on my team. All other players were Japanese.
    The opposing team front court was 6'4" average 18...
    Needless to say we lost a close one 21 to 19. I played decent. Held my own against the 3 of them in the paint.

-Got rejected from behind a couple of times...
    -Got burnt by man hitting open J's playing help D (tried to prevent an easy 3 foot shot in the post gave up a 13 foot J which here seems to be good as a lay up)...
    -Blocked a few shots
    -Stole the rock a few times
    -Brought them out the paint dribbled passed them hit a couple of layups and short shots
    -Got winded
    -Only scored 8 of 21 points
    -Couldnt take over the game at the end

I don't understand the point of this thread...

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

I'm out of shape at 22 years old, kinda sucks but working at a bank at the best excercise. The last time I balled I:

- Got crossed up repeatedly by an energetic 5'6-5'7 17 year old, who drove past me at will but couldnt get a lay up off without me blocking him (good thing height never leaves)
    - Had the ugliest most off jumper ever (normally ugly but drops from time to time)
    - Then ended up guarding my boy a 6'4 240 lb defensive end, ending up as a garbage man
    - Stayed on the defensive end of the court 3/4 of the game

I got a lot of points but they where all fought for, I got them either in the post off a turnaround j or a layups, off layups, or in transition. I was too scared to try to dunk in-game because when we were shooting around I coudln't palm the ball and would lose it when I went up to try for a dunk. Doubt I could have got up high enough anyway. Stil played good D though. But the next day my whole body was sore.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

i played 3 games (im 28 oponent is 1 foot taller and 10 years younger) First game i lost 9 - 11 second game i won 11- 1 last game i got hammered 6 - 11
    I lost 2 of the 3 games but if you count up the points i got 26 to 23 points so i feel pretty good about the games. Of course i was playing loose d but i did make sure that all inside shots were contested. My game was an outside game 3 3- 5 3s and probably 33% from the field... 2nd game i missed hardly any shots.

Over all i think i did pretty good considering my oponent... alot of my shots came from pump fake fadaways the damn kid kept fouling me every play but i didnt complain. of course i was winded and contemplated why i try to play basketball after it was over also lol.

Root Of All Evil

Well ...

- Prefaced everything with the regulars in the gym, who I used to play with on a regular basis, that I haven't hooped for 2-3 months.
    - Came out struggling with my shot. Absolutely atrocious, especially for my normal standards.
    - Started out handling the ball well, but when I went to my various moves and combo moves ... after I bust the first one, I'd like lose the ball on the second "blow bye" move or something. It actually was really frusterating because I could sense I had the motions down, but the fine tuning and timing with the right touch and bounce to the ball wasn't there like it used to be.
    - I felt slow on lateral defense. In my mind I blamed my sneakers. Weird, yes ... But I know it was me not playing for awhile and not moving well in reality.
    - Grabbed a few boards, which was about the only positive of the day.
    - Had numerous errant passes which normally hit their mark.
    - Couldn't get through the lanes I usually do, or continually beat my man off the dribble.

I felt horrible after playing. The worst I felt in a LONG time. I hate going out there and just being an average ball player. I wasn't near my normal playong status. Where everyone in the gym knows I can do anything on the court at anytime I feel up to it. Hell, I was having trouble playing defense. I walked away too asking "Am I too old to play this game" ... and I turn 22 on Sunday. haha

Either way, I promised myself to get back in the gym and get my routine down ... and get my skills back and re-loaded.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

-I was winded after 5 minutes
    -Had about 8 dimes in the 11 pts my team scored
    -Didn't take a jumpshot
    -Only had one field goal attempt which was a layup
    -We lost

-I got picked third. (nice size)
    -Came down on somebody's back and grazed my balls. Ouch. Anybody notice awkward s#!t like that happens when you haven't played in a while?
    -Did ok on offense. Not as quick as I used to be on D. Got burned a couple of times. Once REAL bad.
    -Was so winded I could see my heart beating in my chest.
    -We won.
    -I left before they had to hook me up to a iv.

i sunk a bunch of threes and was talking **** to some asian dood and he got pissed.

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    - I dunked on some dude and my nuts came out of my shorts and haymakered him in the mouth

Good High School Starter haji_d_robertas's Avatar

I had a great time with my friends.
    We didn't really keep score.
    We played 3 on 3 with a sub.
    Everybody played great.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Who shoots hook shots? Spencer Hawes that you?

I wish...