Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #1
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation
Default Nets Waive Jay Williams

Nets have officially waived Jay Williams. Hope He finds another place to go and he gets to have his comeback.

"The Nets have waived guard Jay Williams, who signed with the Nets on September 28, 2006, appeared in five preseason games, averaging 3.8 ppg in 13.2 minutes per contest."

This is from The homepage of Insidehoops.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

good luck Jay. you were rusty and ineffective, but you gave it your all. hope you continue your rehab, and get back to at least 85% of your full strength so you can help someone else.

anyway. this means Vince Carter plays point guard.

yeah yeah i know Marcus should be good ot go, but I doubt Frank will heap 20 minutes on him right away.

so with House not available, Vince will be playing PG.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
good luck Jay. you were rusty and ineffective, but you gave it your all. hope you continue your rehab, and get back to at least 85% of your full strength so you can help someone else.

anyway. this means Vince Carter plays point guard.

yeah yeah i know Marcus should be good ot go, but I doubt Frank will heap 20 minutes on him right away.

so with House not available, Vince will be playing PG.

ya i doubt frank would give marcus 20 mins but i think he can handle it.

i say 33mins for Kidd and 15mins for marcus Williams

Kidd can handle 33mins no problem, he avg 37.2 minutes last year
and I KNOW marcus can avg 15mins cuz hes a smart player and he doesnt force things like Jay Williams did in his short time in NJ
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

that would actually be ideal.

but for that to happen, Nets really need their bench to be able tos core.. and defend.. as Kidd will not be on the bench that long if the reserves cannot keep a lead.

but hopefully all goes well.

so far in my season mode of 2k7 on HoF mode (not by ANY means an accurate way of lookin at things)

Kidd avgs 34MPG, 13PPG, 6RPG, 12 APG on 48% shooting, and Marcus Williams gets 22MPG (I like to put him alongside Kidd at times), 7PPG, 1RPG, 6APG on 45% shooting.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Kidd avgs 34MPG, 13PPG, 6RPG, 12 APG on 48% shooting, and Marcus Williams gets 22MPG (I like to put him alongside Kidd at times), 7PPG, 1RPG, 6APG on 45% shooting.

I would love for those 2 to average those numbers that would be amazing. But I doubt that will happen
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's a shame he couldn't catch on here, but the fact is he simply wasn't ready.

where does he go from here? hopefully he keeps doing his speed and strength drills religiously and finds some kind of regular scrimmages to work on his game shape.

i'd imagine finding quality scrimmages would be the hardest part for PG's and C's. they need to play within an organised system to properly prepare for professional ball. the middle positions are much more free-wheeling and don't suffer this problem as much.

you can see what playing too much bullsh!t basketball can do to PG's games- people like marbury, francis, iverson and others still haven't adjusted to the requirements of a professional PG.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

chances are, Williams will head to Europe, or maybe the NBDL. he will find his niche.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:18 AM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

but if he goes to the NBDL doesn't that mean that some team will have his rights?

does that mean the nets will still have his rights?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

i suppose so, but it's not like there is an abundance of roster spots even in the NBDL.

he could always become Euro MVP you know?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: