Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bynum not playing much vs OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yes, you are correct however you have to look at more than just 1 game, you have to look at the big picture and have your team prepared for any possibility.......what happens if Kobe gets injured, foul trouble or fatigued.....who is your plan B for guarding Westbrook? IMO Ebanks is that guy. Eventually Durant would figure out how easy it is to shoot over Ebanks without falling away. What is the plan if that happens??? Best to have multiple lineups to handle any scenario in advance.....not last minute out of desperation. as for Blake He had 1 good game and you think you can rely on him A smart coach has Goudelock into the flow and ready to step in and play well, if you don't give him any run he can't be at his best. Coach Pop brilliantly has his entire roster ready to play at their peak.

I don't think there is a plan B for guarding westbrook. Then again, who on earth else in the NBA could guard Westbrook?

As good as Ramon is offensively, I don't like how he plays defense. He's kinda sluggish on that end of the floor, and his rotations are also very lackadaisical. He doesn't get to open shooters on time. So it seems to me at this point, the only other options aside from Kobe are Matt Barnes. Now that Artest is gone, I doubt this problem gets any easier to solve. Im sure you get what I mean.

Perhaps a lineup of Ramon, Kobe, Barnes, Ebanks, and Bynum can do the trick. Its a small lineup out of the paint, but Bynum is your last line of defense which is always good, plus the rest of those guys are quicker, meaning Kobe, Barnes, and Ebanks can rotate on Westbrook. What do you think?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't think there is a plan B for guarding westbrook. Then again, who on earth else in the NBA could guard Westbrook?

As good as Ramon is offensively, I don't like how he plays defense. He's kinda sluggish on that end of the floor, and his rotations are also very lackadaisical. He doesn't get to open shooters on time. So it seems to me at this point, the only other options aside from Kobe are Matt Barnes. Now that Artest is gone, I doubt this problem gets any easier to solve. Im sure you get what I mean.

Perhaps a lineup of Ramon, Kobe, Barnes, Ebanks, and Bynum can do the trick. Its a small lineup out of the paint, but Bynum is your last line of defense which is always good, plus the rest of those guys are quicker, meaning Kobe, Barnes, and Ebanks can rotate on Westbrook. What do you think?

What about Kobe, Barnes, Ebanks, Pau, Bynum?

Barnes on Westbrook, Ebanks on durant, kobe on sefolosha, pau on ibaka, bynum in paint.

The only issue with this is it could easily lead to kobe ball if Kobe is doing majority of ball-handling..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
What about Kobe, Barnes, Ebanks, Pau, Bynum?

Barnes on Westbrook, Ebanks on durant, kobe on sefolosha, pau on ibaka, bynum in paint.

The only issue with this is it could easily lead to kobe ball if Kobe is doing majority of ball-handling..

Yeah thats why I said Ramon. Kobe as the primary ball handler has only led to chaos throughout the first 3 quarters of a game. Perhaps put Ramon on Thefolosha.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #19
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah thats why I said Ramon. Kobe as the primary ball handler has only led to chaos throughout the first 3 quarters of a game. Perhaps put Ramon on Thefolosha.

Kobe as primary ball handler is only an issue because we have no plays.
Man, I would love to have Kobe run pick and rolls with Pau and Bynum......seriously, we could destroy every team in the league with it.
This should be Stockton & Malone + 1.
Kobe goes around a Pau pick, dishes to Pau cutting, Bynum's man rotates over, Pau dishes to Bynum for the dunk. There are so many ways you can run this that it's not even fair to the competition......but Mike Brown
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Kobe as primary ball handler is only an issue because we have no plays.
Man, I would love to have Kobe run pick and rolls with Pau and Bynum......seriously, we could destroy every team in the league with it.
This should be Stockton & Malone + 1.
Kobe goes around a Pau pick, dishes to Pau cutting, Bynum's man rotates over, Pau dishes to Bynum for the dunk. There are so many ways you can run this that it's not even fair to the competition......but Mike Brown

Oh quit...but I do remember examples of like what you said.

The year we lost to the celtics in the finals, we had the spurs before, and Kobe in the last stages of game 6 I believe was just taking a bunch of screens, then using his body to feel where his defender was, and hitting a bunch of mid rangers. Thats what pretty much had sealed the deal.

I think any team in particular needs two ball handlers. In this case, Kobe can handle, but as a secondary handler because his game is so diverse anyways. He can post up, slash, dribble, triple threat....etc. Damn he's so good.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: