Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM   #196
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2017 Playoff bound!!!

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playo...s-bbd57ff5b1d8

Quote:
At 6-foot-8 and 230 pounds with a 7-foot wingspan, Mbah a Moute is one of the longest and most active perimeter defenders in the NBA, with Synergy Sports placing him in the 92nd percentile of isolation defenders and the 95th percentile when defending the screener in the pick-and-roll.

definitely on the Jazz off season list!

Quote:
Johnson probably won’t be elected to the Hall of Fame like those three will
he should
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #197
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...o-success.html

Quote:
“The other thing that’s come out of the injuries that Quin’s had to lead the group towards is just really, really good chemistry,” Lindsey said. “Our group, we’ve got good guys, but they really like each other and so one thing that has been maybe a little bit of a benefit and I think Quin’s really capitalized on is if everybody were to be healthy and our record, let’s just say would’ve been a little better, I’m not sure our chemistry would’ve been as good.”

Keep on believing that if it makes you sleep better. Still no excuse for having 14 million in cap space right now
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #198
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://www.slcdunk.com/2017/4/28/154...cree-high-noon

Quote:
Joe has gone to the playoffs with each and every team he has been a part of by playoff time: the Phoenix Suns, Atlanta Hawks, Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat, and now Utah Jazz. I suspect that part of the reason why he signed the Jazz was because he knew that this team would make it to the post-season. Another reason was because he knew that this team would need a guy like him when they got there.

No one ever mentions the 22 million!
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #199
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2017/04...medium=twitter

Interesting. As I've said recently Lindsey could easily be Hennigan right now without the Gobert pick. Hayward would have been traded before they lost him and they might be in a similar place as Orlando.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #200
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://www.slcdunk.com/2017/4/28/154...-history-books

Quote:
Is CP3 even in the Top 3 at his right now? Really? In an era of Stephen Curry, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Isaiah Thomas, and man, non-playoff version of Kyle Lowry?

Not sure I'd want any those guys over him myself.

Quote:
Stockton CRUSHES Paul in everything besides shooting the ball a lot as a pass-first point guard and TV ads.

I'd say that's what would put Paul ahead. Stockton was too unselfish.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #201
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/04/28...ing-departure/

Quote:
Take away the injuries that Utah had to wrestle with all year long and there’s no telling just how much better they could have been beyond that.

Spend the cap space and send young unproven guys to the D-league and who knows how good they could be

Quote:
And in all honesty, unless Hayward were to join a team like the Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors or San Antonio Spurs, he’d be hard-pressed to find a better place to win than the situation he’s in now.

You're not taking into account what the Jazz and other teams will look like going forward. The Jazz won't keep this team together without paying tax which is highly unlikely. While the Celts have the veteran talent and young guys like the Jazz. Top picks in the next two drafts and they will go into the tax to win titles. If I'm Hayward I'm tempted.

Quote:
best of all, has yet to even scratch the surface of their potential.

That's where everyone is off though. This could be the peak of this team. That's why it's hard for to to understand why they haven't been all in since Rudy emerged

Quote:
Jazz brass is ensuring that the team is headed in the right direction and with more available cap space than any other team going into the offseason, Utah still has room to improve.

the space is gone and they are well into the tax by summer 2018 if they sign their guys

Quote:
One of the most appealing parts of staying with the Jazz for Hayward has to be the opportunity to continue to play with the Stifle Tower.

He might enjoy just as much playing 2nd fiddle to Thomas?

Quote:
the Jazz feature a rising coach in Quin Snyder who is doing an excellent job of putting together a cohesive and efficient squad and will also likely enjoy getting to integrate more talent into his roster due to the aforementioned cap space that Utah has.

integrate less talent or at least younger and less expensive talent!

Quote:
it will just serve as further evidence that the rebuild is ahead of schedule

a year behind.

Quote:
I don’t see how he could leave this all behind.

you're not looking at what you don't want to see

Quote:
if he leaves, the Jazz will take a huge step backwards

If they overpay him it will be worse. They will still have Gobert to build around so I'm not sure it will be a huge step depending on what they do rather it's back to tank mode which is hard to imagine as we've already seen it's hard to tank with Rudy
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #202
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

The Golden State Warriors hope to get injured reserves Shaun Livingston and Matt Barnes back from injuries for the second round of the playoffs after having more than a week off between series. The Warriors said Saturday that Barnes has been upgraded to probable for Tuesday night’s Game 1. Livingston remains questionable but is hopeful that he will be ready to return. Star forward Kevin Durant is expected to be a full go after missing two games and being limited to 20 minutes in Game 4 of the previous round because of a strained left calf. – via ESPN

Golden State begins the second round at home on Tuesday against the winner of Sunday’s Game 7 between the Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz. The Warriors have been off since they swept the Trail Blazers on Monday, which gave them more than a week between games. “I’m trying to make sure I rest it as much as I possibly can because when I do come back, I plan on staying all the way back,” Livingston said Saturday. “Hopefully it will be ready for Tuesday.” – via ESPN

How is Mike Brown doing as the interim? Is it the same as with Kerr? Kevin Durant: Mike has had a pretty big voice throughout the whole season. Has been a head coach before, understands what it takes to be a head coach. And the coaching staff is just so smart, they empower each other. I think anybody if you’re around us on a day to day basis, anybody could tell they kind of work well as a group as far as a coaching staff. – via San Jose Mercury-News

Does Brown coach differently? Durant: They’re two different voices, two different personalities. They work well with each other and they learn from each other I can tell. But we play a certain way and we’ve been playing that way the whole season. It’s not like coach Brown is coming in trying to change anything up. He’s coaching us within the flow of the game and whatever he sees he’s going to help us out. – via San Jose Mercury-News
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #203
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

The injury kept Gobert out of the final minutes of the Game 6 setback, which evened this entertaining first-round series at three wins apiece. “It’s OK. It’s a sprained ankle, nothing broken,” Gobert said after soaking his foot in ice water late Friday night. “I tried to play through it, but it was a little too much. It should be better Sunday.” – via Deseret News
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #204
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Jody Genessy: Quin Snyder on Jazz going into Game 7: “Our players, there isn’t a nervousness about them. There’s a quiet confidence.” #TakeNote – via Twitter DJJazzyJody
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #205
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Chris Vivlamore‏: Paul Millsap finally admits he will ‘most likely’ opt out of player option. – via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

bring him home!
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #206
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

The Golden State Warriors will celebrate the 2007 “We Believe” team on Tuesday, May 2, during Game 1 of their Conference Semifinals series at Oracle Arena, the team announced today. The celebration takes place one day shy of the 10-year anniversary of the 2006-07 Warriors completing their historic First Round upset over the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks on May 3, 2007. – via NBA.com

Several members of that iconic Warriors team will be on-hand for the celebration, including Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Kelenna Azubuike, Adonal Foyle, Patrick O’Bryant and Zarko Cabarkapa. Another member of that team, Matt Barnes, is currently playing for the Warriors. – via NBA.com
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: