Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Enough with people talking about the NBA "taking his money."

If his contract gets voided it's because he wasn't holding up his end of the bargain. He hasn't earned that money yet. He was going to get paid that money IF he did the things the contract laid out. It's NOT his!

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

some recent arenas twitter posts

I am going green.no more fun for awhile. So here we go.. I landed in cleveland and its colder then the press heart..
    I wanna say sorry if I pissed any body off by us havin fun...I'm sorry for anything u need to blame for for right now..
    I know everybody seen the pre game pics..my teammate thought to break the tention we should do that..but this is gettn way to much

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    If he had just said, "no comment", he'd still be playing and getting paid.

Gilberts mouth may have just cost him 80 million and his job.
    Thats the bottomline. He forced Sterns hand here.

You remember the phrase, "you play too much" when we were kids? That's Arenas.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    The difference between Isiah and Gilbert is pretty big. I agree that they should have suspended Isiah without pay for 30 days, but on the other hand he didn't rub Stern's face in it. Isiah didn't get on Twitter and ***** about how everyone was picking on him.

I mean, I'm sure if Isiah would have dry humped that broad during a televised game than they would have taken some more disciplinary action. That's pretty comparable to the reaction Arenas put on last night.
    People think bringing an unloaded gun into the arena is worse than sexual harassment? WTF?????

At what point did Michael Vick realize that he was in deep sh!t, and realize that losing it all was possible?

Arenas has not gotten there yet.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If his teammates told him to do that gun fingers crap, they're just as dumb as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    People think bringing an unloaded gun into the arena is worse than sexual harassment? WTF?????
    the NBA is already fighting a "gangsta" image problem, i don't see them having a sexual harassment image problem...

How DARE you Gilbert....How DARE you......finger wagging.........give me a break. Punish the guy....make sure punishment fits the crime....let's be done with it....But a whole rest of season or more would be outrageous.
    My sources tell me that David Stern and Gilbert Arenas had a meeting in Cleveland at "the Q". Many confirmed that Stern could be heard screaming in his office to Gilbert:

"Gilbert SCREWED Gilbert"

More to follow...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkling
    If his teammates told him to do that gun fingers crap, they're just as dumb as he is.
    Or they just didn't care. I could be wrong, but I just couldn't see all this **** happening to a guy like Antwan Jamison.

Local High School Star

Did I say that? No. I wish Stern would have had some kind of disciplinary action for Isiah. Fact is, Arenas is much more of a rep for the NBA than IT was as the GM of the Knicks.

Stern is going to be more concerned about how someone like Arenas is affecting the NBAs image than how IT was simply because the NBA already has a perceived player image problem.

If Arenas would have just shut his mouth he'd still be playing and getting paid. He had to go and rub the commishes nose in it. Any idiot should know you don't mock the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kkling
    Or maybe they are just evil geniuses that realize they can get out from under his contract and be a better team. Mwahahah!!

Amen....I mocked my boss and got sent home. True ****ing story.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    Or maybe they are just evil geniuses that realize they can get out from under his contract and be a better team. Mwahahah!!
    Yeah, thought of that, I guess that's a possibility, I would hope that's not the case though.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

how the mighty fall. can't say he's as big of my favorite player as he was before.

Decent college freshman

could this potentially be a career ending incident for arenas?