Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Question TOR-PHX Trade Scenario

Hill & Barbosa for Kapono, Graham + 1st Round Pick.. the salaries work, you think kerr would do such a thing?

i really think it could help both teams.. hill is not doing very well this year and his contract is up after this season, and he would also give us a competent SF.. barbosa would give us the scoring 2 we need.. kapono will give phoenix the best shooter in the league, graham will give phoenix a young player who can run, rebound and score (contract is up after this season as well), and a potential high first round pick.. what do you think?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation
Default Re: TOR-PHX Trade Scenario

I doubt the Suns would do that trade, only because the first rounder is going to be a late one likely.

but id do that trade in a heartbeat for the here and now factor.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

wouldn't that be a great trade for the raptors though.. Calderon, Barbosa, Hill, Bosh, O'Neal.. that's impressive
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I deleted your thread the last time you made it because it's completely unrealistic.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I deleted your thread the last time you made it because it's completely unrealistic.

why is this so unrealistic? do you have any reasoning to say so? kerr hasn't made the brightest moves since he took over.. *cough marion-shaq cough*
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

That trade was rather equal in my opinion.

It's unrealistic because Grant Hill and Leandro Barbosa's value is enormous in comparison to Kapono(one dimensional), Graham(scrub) and probably somewhere around the 15th pick of a weak draft.

Suns basically downgrade at every position involved.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
That trade was rather equal in my opinion.

It's unrealistic because Grant Hill and Leandro Barbosa's value is enormous in comparison to Kapono(one dimensional), Graham(scrub) and probably somewhere around the 15th pick of a weak draft.

Suns basically downgrade at every position involved.

alright you win.. just wishful thinking i guess.. i might have overrated kaponos and grahams value just a tad.. anyways feel free to delete the thread feels like i wasted everyones time
Old 12-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
alright you win.. just wishful thinking i guess.. i might have overrated kaponos and grahams value just a tad.. anyways feel free to delete the thread feels like i wasted everyones time

Just a tad you say? May I ask you how long you've been watching Toronto for? Because to me its been clear as ice that Joey has no value and hasn't had value since he was first drafted and we should all know from 2005 Kapono has only one dimension to his game. I dunno about your books but in mine a high pricetagged shooter only has little value on the market you really think anyone wants any part of his deal? If hes expiring and hes around 2-4 mil then your talking value, but that is not the case my friend
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
If hes expiring and hes around 2-4 mil then your talking value, but that is not the case my friend

a man can dream.. a lot of people obviously think this trade will NEVER happen.. any other trade scenarios people think will help the raps? of course one that will help both teams unlike the one i mentioned..
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I think a trade of Jason Kapono for Matt Barnes would be kind of equal.

Barnes basically is a younger, more athletic but less talented Hill, a decent defender, and has an okay (yet streaky) stroke.

Kapono might be good off the bench as a quick offence kind of guy, although his contract might be a deterrent and he would have been more valuable to Phoenix if D'Antoni were still on the bench.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

The are so lifeless right now that bringing in Grant Hill's leadership, not to mention LB's much needed speed, would be an upgrade.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im a Raps and Suns fan.

Suns are in no look to move Barbs, he has looked impressive since he came back. I dont think either teams would want this trade. The pick isnt of as much value because this year there is a decent top 5-7 players, but as for lower picks the only good one is Stephon Curry who will probably go in the lottery as his value increases thru the NCAA season
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Im a Raps and Suns fan.

Suns are in no look to move Barbs, he has looked impressive since he came back. I dont think either teams would want this trade. The pick isnt of as much value because this year there is a decent top 5-7 players, but as for lower picks the only good one is Stephon Curry who will probably go in the lottery as his value increases thru the NCAA season

what abt Diaw? or Bell? are Suns looking to move them? or a awesome-shooting Kapono? or Bargnani?
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: