Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nintendo also moving the software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You can't argue with him. The Wii is awesome. He thinks so, so that makes it true.

Mathius

sure you can.

and we are being civil w/eachother too.

you are the one that jumps all over people and starts calling names.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

The whole aspect of Wii Play is marketing genius.

I initially bought it for BOTH the game and the controller (It would be my third) but the game was rather junk for me as well as the people I had play it. Honestly, Carnival Games >>> Wii Play. The novel of Wii Play is that the Wii is marketed as a family and friends type of console and encourages multi-player. The Wii Play package offers an additional controller as well as more mini-party games (of which I think suck) because the console only comes with one controller and Wii Sports gets old to people after a while and what better way ti kill two birds with one stone by getting another game AND an additional controller…

Remember, Nintendo is actually selling you a full priced game and giving you a free controller. But to make ourselves feel better, we just say we bought a brand new controller and got a game for $10. It psychologically helps with justifying the purchase… it did for me

In the end, its natural that the Wii will have the games with the highest sales because it has the highest install base.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You nintendo fanboys are so desperate to prove the Wii's success it's pathetic.

The only releases PS3 or XBox had for the whole month were:

Prince of Persia 2
Destroy All Humans 3
Tales of Despereaux (all of which were released on the 2nd)
Damnation
and XBlades.

Everything else for the month was Wii, DS, or PS2. I pointed this out back in November I think. I'd find the post if I really gave a crap or we had a decent search tool.

And Wii Fit isn't even a game, it's a damn accessory that comes with a game.

I wouldn't know about Wii play.

Mathius

We don't have to prove anything. You're the only sad **** in all these threads crying and making excuses.

360 games came out before December Wii didn't

Wii might sell hardware but they can't push games

Wii is cheaper than the other systems

People don't know about 360 price cut yet it's too soon

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

What a misinformed *****. It's so fun to clown on your sorry ass because you make it so easy.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
We don't have to prove anything. You're the only sad **** in all these threads crying and making excuses.

360 games came out before December Wii didn't

Wii might sell hardware but they can't push games

Wii is cheaper than the other systems

People don't know about 360 price cut yet it's too soon

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

What a misinformed *****. It's so fun to clown on your sorry ass because you make it so easy.

It must be easy for you, you totally ignore every argument I make, show up once a week, drop an insult and leave.

You're hardly worth responding to anymore. Even other posters are starting to notice it, but you'll never see their responses either, because you don't bother to actually READ a thread, you just drop your bs and leave.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's cool how these threads always turn out. Even I posted seriously in this, but after the post was made?

I'm just thinking: "Are we really discussing videogame sales?" Because I do not care how much money these companies are making.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #21
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Every console besides the wii is a ****ty excuse for a PC, if you think otherwise you're the reason consoles sell. Why do you think Microsoft is trying to stop PC gaming? It's so that they can sell computers for work and an x-box for video games, two products that are essentially the same. If they'd let you, you could run every game X-Box has on a 150 dollar computer with better graphics. Too bad there's "exclusives" (Madden, 2k Series)

If they'd let you, you could run excel and any other work program on an x-box, even plug your mouse into it (it has USB and wireless ports). Too bad they want separate markets to make even more money

Luckily for them consumers are too stupid to build their own computers and they think that a gaming PC costs $800+ dollars so they go and blow 300~ dollars every few years on a new console to "save" money.

Mostly it's good advertising by Microsoft and bad advertising by DELL and the other PC companies not to mention the propaganda by retarded fanboys such as the ones posting in this thread.

for me

HOWEVER! What IS encouraging is that with the playstation dieing and Nintendo taking over it shows that consumers are finally starting to learn that the PS3 and X-Box really are just PCs for gaming. PC Gaming has been picking up a bit of steam recently especially with the success of World of Warcraft, HUZZAH!

Last edited by Geandily : 01-17-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #22
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
Every console besides the wii is a ****ty excuse for a PC, if you think otherwise you're the reason consoles sell. Why do you think Microsoft is trying to stop PC gaming? It's so that they can sell computers for work and an x-box for video games, two products that are essentially the same. If they'd let you, you could run every game X-Box has on a 150 dollar computer with better graphics. Too bad there's "exclusives" (Madden, 2k Series)

If they'd let you, you could run excel and any other work program on an x-box, even plug your mouse into it (it has USB and wireless ports). Too bad they want separate markets to make even more money

Luckily for them consumers are too stupid to build their own computers and they think that a gaming PC costs $800+ dollars so they go and blow 300~ dollars every few years on a new console to "save" money.

Mostly it's good advertising by Microsoft and bad advertising by DELL and the other PC companies not to mention the propaganda by retarded fanboys such as the ones posting in this thread.

for me

HOWEVER! What IS encouraging is that with the playstation dieing and Nintendo taking over it shows that consumers are finally starting to learn that the PS3 and X-Box really are just PCs for gaming. PC Gaming has been picking up a bit of steam recently especially with the success of World of Warcraft, HUZZAH!

Dude, are you serious? Have you run a lot of games with the software's "minimum requirements"? They're barely playable.

PC gaming is way more expensive which is exactly why Microsoft wants to go that route. They're losing money on every XBox they sell, so they could give a crap if those don't sell, but they can still sell games if everyone is buying them for PC, so game sales come out the same. They actually make MORE money because every new PC comes packaged with Vista, so they get a kickback.

The gamer loses because he has to keep upgrading his system to fit the new games coming out. It's a proven fact.

Console gaming levels the playing field. The hardware requirements are set, so software developers are meeting those requirements, not going beyond them.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Geandily can build a PC for $300 and keep running the best games out there on that at full capacity for 5+ years?

Sign me up!
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #24
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: