Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Put you money down.....the mock draft predictions

Based on mocks, rumors, buddies on the west coast, tweets, team needs, whatever. We all play the experts - put down top 25 first round. Hate or love it dont care about opinions - just put it down lets see who's close

Could do the whole round if you want too... I was just not interested after the Griz.

Jballers Mock

1. Anthony Davis – Hornets
    Consensus

2. Thomas Robinson – Bobcats
    Ya gotta start somewhere

3. Kidd Gilchrist – Wizards
    The got the big man for JW now backcourt

4. Bradley Beal – Cavs
    Rumors he has a promise won’t work out below here according to SI

5. Harrison Barnes – Kings
    Demarcus, Tyke and Barnes – looking good

6. Damian Lillard – Trailblazers
    Because they need a Roy replacement and he is a regional college kid

7. Jared Sullinger – Warriors
    Needed interior RB for ever

8. Andre Drummond – Rockets via Raptors
    Rockets send Kyle Lowry picks 14 and 16 to Toronto for pick 8 plus Ed Davis

9. Terrence Jones – Pistons
    Cause Charlie V weighs about 750 now

10. Kendell Marshall - Hornets
    They got the big man now they need the CP3 backcourt player with EG

11. Tyler Zeller – Trail Blazers
    They got the Roy replacement now they pick the Oden replacement to spell Aldridge

12. Meyer Leonard – Bucks
    Chicago local replaces Bogut

13. Dion Waiters – Suns
    Rumors of promises

14. Jeremy Lamb – Raptors via Rockets

15. Perry Jones – 76’ers
    Cause the big man is getting very old in Philly and needs a prot
    Last edited by Jballer; 06-13-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: Put you money down.....the mock draft predictions

Wow, gotta like that as a raptor fan
    Lowry, Bayless Forbes
    Derozen, Lamb, Forbes
    Iggy, JJ, Kleiza
    Bargs, Amir jj, Kleiza
    Val, Amir Rookie Center #16

That team is deadly. Not sure there is any way that is going to happen, as Philadelphia is not going to take Calderon for Iggy. The bench would be amazing in this scenario. If we gave Philie the number #16 pick with Calderon and Forbes, then maybe we could get Iggy. Not sure Lamb will fall to 14, but that would be a great scenario for the raps!! A nice wing rotation with Derozen, iggy and Lamb. Lamb could be the shooter, derozen the slasher and Iggy the playmaker and best all-around player of the 3.
    What a bench. Bayless, Lamb, JJ, Kleiza and Amir. Very good defensive versatility.

in that scenario,
    Lowry, Bayless
    Derozen, Lamb
    Iggy, JJ, Kleiza
    Bargs, JJ, Kleiza
    Val, Amir, Gray? Magloire?

Local High School Star

Thanks but....

This thread is strictly for predictions please - commentary orther threads.

Please post your personal mock draft - opinions elsewhere.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Sorry Jballer. I didn't know.

Local High School Star

No Problem...

RECAP - Put your top 25 Mock draft here please.

"Show me your babsketball IQ" - show me your money

Scoring :

2 Points for right draft pick to right team right team in right spot
    1 point for right draft pick spot but details change i.e. Thomas Robinson goes 2nd overall but Bulls drafted him cause they traded up (hypothetical example).
    0 Points for anything else - i.e. no points if Wizards pick 3rd but choose some other player than your predicted.

Maximum Score 50 points for all correct.

Deadline "the draft" by timestamp. Scoring after the completion of the draft i.e. 9:00am next morning.

Jballers Mock

Consensus

Ya gotta start somewhere

They got the big man Nene for JW now backcourt help

4. Bradley Beal – Cavs
    Rumors he has a promise won’t work out below here according to SI.com

Demarcus, Tyke and Barnes – looking good

Because they need a Roy replacement and he is a regional college kid

Needed interior RB for ever

Rockets send Kyle Lowry picks 14 and 16 to Toronto for pick 8 plus Ed Davis

Cause Charlie V weighs about 750lbs now - got cut by Puerto Rico team.

They got the big man now they need the CP3 PG backcourt player with EG one that can dish.

They got the Roy replacement now they pick the Oden replacement to spell Aldridge

Illinois local standout replaces Bogut

13. Dion Waiters – Suns
    Rumors of promises

15. Perry Jones – 76’ers
    Cause the big man Elton is getting very old in Philly and may leave the building.

(Side deal - Toronto swaps Jose Calderon 2 - 2nd round picks and small cash to Philly for Iggy and their 2nd rounder - also leaves Perry Jones available at 15)

16. John Henson - Raptors via Rockets
    I suspect with EDav gone another big doesn’t hurt

17. Austin Rivers – Mavericks
    Kidd and Terry are older than Moses and Jesus – Rivers plays both roles compliments Deron if they get him.

18. Terrence Ross – Twolves

19. Arnet Moultrie - Magic
    Loosing the big man in the 5 so a 4 works to help Bynum.LOL

20. Marquis Teague – Nuggets

21. Fab Melo – Celtics

22. Moe Harkless – Celtics

23. Will Barton – Hawks

24. Draymond Green – Cavs
    Cause Michigan player are popular in Ohio

25. Tony Wroten – Grizzlies
    Last edited by Jballer; 06-14-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Make it the whole first round. Stopping at 25 seems random and just strange. I understand your reasoning, but why not make the 5 extra picks? You still have almost 2 weeks

That being said, I'll be making a full first round mock. I do every year for money with some friends, so I'm glad to share.

Local High School Star

RECAP - Put your 1st round Mock draft here please.
    "Show me your babsketball IQ" - show me your money

Scoring :

2 Points for right draft pick to right team right team in right spot

1 point for right draft pick in spot but details change i.e. Thomas Robinson goes 2nd overall but Bulls drafted him cause they traded up (hypothetical example).

0 Points for anything else - i.e. no points if Wizards pick 3rd but choose some other player than your predicted. Nothing for near misses to make it simple.

Maximum Score 60 points for all correct.

Deadline "the draft" by timestamp. Scoring after the completion of the draft i.e. 9:00am next morning.

Jballer Mock 1.0

4. Bradley Beal – Cavs

(Raptors select Drummond and trade Drummond and Ed Davis to Houston for Kyle Lowry, 14th and 16th pick)

13. Dion Waiters – Suns

15. Perry Jones – 76’ers

16. John Henson - Raptors via Rockets

17. Austin Rivers – Mavericks

18. Terrence Ross – Twolves

19. Arnet Moultrie - Magic

20. Marquis Teague – Nuggets

21. Fab Melo – Celtics

22. Moe Harkless – Celtics

23. Will Barton – Hawks

24. Draymond Green – Cavs

25. Tony Wroten – Grizzlies

26. Royce White – Pacers

27. Festus Ezeli – Heat

28 Khris Middleton – Thunder

29. Jared Cunningham – Bulls

30 Quincy Miller – Warriors

I'll give you my top 8 because that is all I really care about.

1. Davis
    2. Drummond
    3. Beal
    4. MKG
    5. Robinson
    6. Lillard
    7. Barnes
    8. Rivers

1st Pick NO - Anthony Davis
    10th Pick NO - Austin Rivers

4th Pick Cavs - Harrison Barnes

6th Pick Blazer - Dion Waiters
    8th Pick Raps - Andre Drummond

I will post rest as I think about it in my head further. I can't figure out Bobcats/Washington/Kings. I can't figure out how it will shake out. Robinson MKG and Beal will be picked in those 3 spots in my opinion. Just can't figure out who will pick who. I have a feeling Bobcats will pick Robinson, but can't be sure. Will come through with it later.

EDIT -

2nd Pick CHA - Thomas Robinson
    3rd Pick WSH - MKG
    5th pick SAC - Bradley Beal (another SG? I think this team can definitely take drummond here)
    9th Pick Pistons - Perry Jones
    11th Pick Por - Damian Lillard
    12th Pick Raptors (via Milwaukee for Ed Davis) - Jeremy Lamb...
    Last edited by brwnman; 06-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Chamberlain's Mock Draft Version 1

1. Hornets - Anthony Davis

No brainer. Has been the consensus #1 forever and possibly the only player with franchise-changing ability.

2. Bobcats - Thomas Robinson

I haven't been sold on this guy forever, but I'm starting to become more of a believer. He's a huge guy and physically ready to play in the league. Should make a great 1-2 combo with Kemba Walker in the near future, and his style of play should work well with/allow Biyombo to take the reigns at Center.

3. Wizards - Bradley Beal

I think MKG and Barnes will be superior players, but with the recent trade (getting Okaor and Ariza), the Wizards can hope that Beal and Wall will create a dynamic duo in the backcourt, while Emeka and Nene patrol the paint and get easy hoops. They also have Ariza now, making the need for SG a higher priority. The future looks pretty good for the Wiz.

4. Cavaliers - Harrison Barnes

Gives them a shooter to create room for Irving and Thompson. I considered MKG with this pick, but I think the Cavs have a greater need for somebody with Barnes' skillset, and I've also read reports that scouts believe Barnes will be a far superior NBA player than he was NCAA player.

5. Kings - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Could be Drummond, but MKG brings a whole new dynamic to this team. His athleticism will look great beside Tyreke Evans, and is also a great contrast to Jimmer. Reports have also spoken favourably of his leadership skills, which is something this team will need with a guy like DeMarcus Cousins on board.

6. Trail Blazers - Andre Drummond

With or without Greg Oden, the Blazers could use some young legs at the C position. If he pans out, imagine the duo of Drummond and Aldridge in the front court. SCARY! If he doesn't pan out, he should still be an adequate defender and shot blocker, which are always in demand. I feel there is no risk for the Blazers to make this pick.

7. Warriors - Terrence Ross

Admittedly, a bit high for Ross. But I feel his style of play compliments EVERYBODY on this team. He is the perfect SF to play in between the front court (Lee, Bogut, Biendrins) and the back court (Curry, Thompson). I could see the Warriors trading down for Ross, but I think they would take the risk here over a guy like Jeremy Lamb.

8. Raptors - Damian Lillard

I think Colangelo hangs onto the pick. Lillard gives them a future starting PG to replace Jose when his contract expires or if he is traded near the deadline. Lillard is use to playing out of the spotlight, and though the Toronto media is rough, he'll be able to shine playing for a rarely noticed Raptors team. If he doesn't turn into a star, I believe he'll still be a very steady starting PG for years to come and make for a great 3rd scoring option.

9. Pistons - Meyers Leonard

Huge guy. Allows Monroe to move back to the PF position, which improves the Pistons greatly. Don't think he'll ever be a star, but he compliments Monroe well and the Pistons should be in line to get an even better pick next season and can shore up their swing positions.

10. Hornets - Kendall Marshall

I'm not sold entirely on Marshall, because of his defensive liabilities, but when you have a guy like Anthony Davis in the paint waiting for opposing teams drives, I feel comfortable with Marshall on this team. Not to mention, he's a wizard with the ball in his hands, which bodes VERY well for the raw offensive skills of Anthony Davis and star player Eric Gordon.

11. Trail Blazers - Austin Rivers

Gives them a guy who may be able to play both PG and SG positions. Could potentially be one of the better players in the draft if he gains strength. Another guy who can create space for Aldridge and Drummond, and can effectively get both the ball.

12. Bucks - Tyler Zeller

Seems to fit their system, and their desperate need for a Center. Reports say they like Henson, but I think Zeller is the smarter option. Has good enough hands and rebounding ability to be able to benefit from Monta Ellis' crazy driving abilities.

13. Suns - Dion Waiters

Honestly, just basing this off the reports that the Suns have a promise with him. I'd personally go for Marquis Teague and take the gamble he'll be good enough to start for them someday, but apparently they already have their mind made up. I have no issue with Waiters, I just think there are better players available.

14. Rockets - John Henson

Considered Jared Sullinger, but I feel Henson compliments players like Scola, Patterson and Morris better. They could also go with Teague with the uncertainty around Kyle Lowry and needing a backup for Dragic, but I like the idea of Henson here.

15. Sixers - Jared Sullinger

Replacement for Elton Brand, plain and simple. Should probably go earlier, but back and stamina issues become a factor. He can learn from Brand and be groomed for a long and steady career as a 20/10 guy if he can remain healthy and in shape.

16. Rockets - Perry Jones III

Taking a gamble on a lottery talent with character issues. Another player who compliments the front court well (and differently than Henson does) and has the ability to take players off the dribble. Creates a bit of a clutter in the front court, but that could work to their advantage in making furthers moves/not rushing raw players.

17. Mavericks - Jeremy Lamb

Will be the player in this draft who falls the most. I really dislike his seeming lack of interest in the game. I believe being in the Mavericks system can help him though, as he will be surrounded by a winning environment full of great leaders.

18. Timberwolves - Moe Harkless

Tough player. I just like the fit here between guys like Rubio and Love. I see Moe as the perfect glue guy for a contending team.

19. Magic - Terrance Jones

Quite simply, the best player left on the board. With the uncertainty surrounding Dwight Howard, they can't afford to draft based on need. Take the best player available and see how the Dwight situation unfolds, and act accordingly.

20. Nuggets - Royce White

After losing Nene, and being pretty well set in the back court and SF position, Royce White is a big body who is ready to bang with the big boys. Will be a nice compliment to Kenneth Faried.

21. Celtics - Arnett Moultrie

Smooth big man. Probably ready to be a solid bench contributer already. Celtics need help in the front court with the possible departure of KG and an overall lack of depth. A guy who can benefit from Rondo's drive and dish ability.

22. Celtics - Andrew Nicholson

Celtics go big again. Nicholson came alive last season, and may be a bust at the next level, but reminds of a lot of Walter McCarty who was an absolute fan favourite for the Celtics in the early 2000s. The ability to hit mid range jumpers and even 3 pointers, and an adequate rebounder. Another guy who can benefit greatly from Rondo.

23. Hawks - Festus Ezeli

May be a bit high for a one dimensional player, but the Hawks really need a guy who can protect the paint and allow Horford to move back to the Center position and Josh Smith to the SF position. If he can step in and provide toughness, rebounding, and shotblocking, the Hawks are in great shape.

24. Cavaliers - Fab Melo

Lack of front court depth, and is apparently doing very well in workouts lately. Allows Tristan Thompson to have more flexibility in being able to leave the paint for pick and rolls/pops. A big body who could turn into an elite rebounder.

25. Grizzlies - Marquis Teague

I think he should go higher, but the Grizz are happy to pick up an able backup Point Guard to play behind Mike Conley, and maybe even someday challenge him for the job.

26. Pacers - Tony Wroten

Huge PG. Pacers are pretty set at all positions and have great depth. Barbosa may not return and Wroten would have the ability to play some SG off the bench. I feel he can turn into a player who is a cross between the Pacers two current point guards, George Hill and Darren Collison.

27. Heat - Henry Sims

A bit high for sims to go, but he is a huge player, he's older than most in the draft and should be able to contribute in the star studded system in Miami. A great passer from the low post which is always something great to have, especially since Miami would like to add more perimeter shooters around the Big 3.

28. Thunder - Draymond Green

I feel he fits in well with this team. Does all the little things, not elite at anything. The Thunder have enough star power, and will benefit from having a glue guy such as Green. Limited potential, but will probably be a very serviceable bench player for years.

29. Bulls - Doron Lamb

Best shooter available in the draft. This is going to be a challenging year for the Bulls who will be without Rose for the majority of the season, but when he returns to health, the entire team will benefit from having a 3 point shooter on the roster.

30. Warriors - Quincy Miller

Potential lottery talent, but consistency and IQ issues. Able to play both forward positions, and will be able to grow and learn under great players in an uptempo system.

Local High School Star

Nice

JBallers Mock 3.0

Sullinger dropping make me reevaluate

----

1.Anthony Davis

Local High School Star

Jballers Mock - final

1. Anthony Davis

I'll post my final submission in a few hours. Won't be around again til Monday as I am going camping for the weekend. Good luck buddy

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    I'll post my final submission in a few hours. Won't be around again til Monday as I am going camping for the weekend. Good luck buddy
    Thank you too

Reminder deadline is minutes before the draft... tomorrow.

There goes my Raptors trading for Bucks 12th pick...