College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Pat Riley saved Lebron James from himself

Imagine what Lebron's career would look like without Pat Riley, he prevented Lebron from having this much control and controlling the organisation.

In conclusion Lebron is a bitch.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report...w1iD9xvbLkS.97

I'm pretty sure SAS talked about Lebron being unhappy about Pat Riley having so much control.

Default Re: Pat Riley saved Lebron James from himself

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    If you dislike Lebron, why do you have an anti-Curry avatar?
    Can't be bothered to change it lol.

I don't dislike Lebron but he should never have this much managerial control.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Imagine what Lebron's career would look like without Pat Riley, he prevented Lebron from having this much control and controlling the organisation.

In conclusion Lebron is a bitch.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report...w1iD9xvbLkS.97

I'm pretty sure SAS talked about Lebron being unhappy about Pat Riley having so much control.
    LeBron was right. Wade was slacking and letting MM go was a stupid move. LeBron had to shoulder more weight and was rundown in the finals. And don't even mention Wade's finals performance. Dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax
    Are you pulling an Im Still Ballin ?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=396420
    No, Lebron is a punk but he's still an ATG I can't take that away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    LeBron was right. Wade was slacking and letting MM go was a stupid move. LeBron had to shoulder more weight and was rundown in the finals. And don't even mention Wade's finals performance. Dreadful.
    I agree with everything here, but Lebron didn't let the organisation adjust and let Pat Riley work his magic. Instead he ran out at the first opportunity and hijacked the Cavs organisation, he now assumes the most control we've ever seen a player ever have in the NBA.

Sorry for being really inarticulate, half the things I write at the moment won't make much sense.

I agree with everything here, but Lebron didn't let the organisation adjust and let Pat Riley work his magic. Instead he ran out at the first opportunity and hijacked the Cavs organisation, he now assumes the most control we've ever seen a player ever have in the NBA.
    He gave the team back to Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    He gave the team back to Wade.
    He also cost Wade millions of dollars, I just struggle to provide a pass for the way things have gone down in these last 3-4 years.

Decent college freshman

Sorry for being really inarticulate, half the things I write at the moment won't make much sense.
    I think LBJ didn't like it that they amnestied Miller and brought in Oden/Beasley that summer as their FA additions. That frankly wasn't enough for LBJ, and kinda for good reason.

I do agree that having somebody as strong as Riley overseeing the org did LeBron a lot of good, and I don't know if/when he'll realize how much that benefited him.

Decent college freshman

He also cost Wade millions of dollars, I just struggle to provide a pass for the way things have gone down in these last 3-4 years.
    He "owes" Wade like $5M or so. If he doesn't make it back in his next contract, they will once he retires most likely. Haslem gave up more potential career earnings by sticking with the Heat considering he's made a lot less and doesn't have star-level endorsement contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I think LBJ didn't like it that they amnestied Miller and brought in Oden/Beasley that summer as their FA additions. That frankly wasn't enough for LBJ, and kinda for good reason.

I do agree that having somebody as strong as Riley overseeing the org did LeBron a lot of good, and I don't know if/when he'll realize how much that benefited him.
    I agree in 2014 the organisation did a poor job of surrounding Lebron with enough talent and that he had to carry a large burden particularly during the regular season and the finals. But Pat Riley has a proven record at creating teams which will compete for NBA titles, if I was Lebron I would have stayed and trust that the man that promised to bring me a title and delivered will be able to deliver on the promises he made during the 2014 off-season.

Decent college freshman

I agree in 2014 the organisation did a poor job of surrounding Lebron with enough talent and that he had to carry a large burden particularly during the regular season and the finals. But Pat Riley has a proven record at creating teams which will compete for NBA titles, if I was Lebron I would have stayed and trust that the man that promised to bring me a title and delivered will be able to deliver on the promises he made during the 2014 off-season.
    I don't disagee with what you're saying. He did though "only" bring in Danny Granger and McBob though the summer LBJ left. He got Deng, but Luol wouldn't be there if LBJ re-upped. It's great he managed to trade for Dragic mid year, but he nearly gave up 2 unprotected picks for him.

I don't like the way he left Miami high and dry, but LBJ's prime was ticking away. They lost one season by failing to reload in the summer. Cleveland wouldn't have the opportunity to add LBJ + high level player via FA in summer 2015. He either was going back that summer or at the end of his career.

Riley has done a good job of reinventing his squad and bringing in guys, but LeBron was too impatient. It's understandable why he left, but again, he did it in a bad manner once more.

He does? Before LeBron got there?

There was no free agency before the 1989 season so he didn't bring in any FA to the successful 80's Lakers teams. Plus he probably had no say in who they drafted or traded before FA was born.

He had no say in player personnel when he was with the Knicks. That's one of the reasons he left the NYK because wanted full control of player personnel.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-...97_1_pat-riley

He's been with Miami for the last 20yrs. Before LeBron got there, Miami had 1 Finals appearance, in which they won.

Who were all the Finals competing teams that "he created" since 1989?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

secret motivation