Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Dwight Howard and his greatness

Quote Originally Posted by alexandreben
    sort of??!! Zo's shooting is so much better than Howard! the defensive skills, not to mention a heart of a champ, i really don't like Howard's sily smilling, what's he smiling for all the time?? it looks like he lacks of heart
    I meant sort of, meaning there are still differences. And once again, Dwight and Mourning are on similar levels overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Mourning was just a slightly above average player in the Jordan Days.

That video just goes to show how superior the NBA was in the 80's and 90's compared to now.

LOL JPR has consistently been one of the biggest morons on ISH for the past decade. And that's saying a lot on a website that is a breeding ground for morons and their offsprings.

So, what you're saying is he's only average when comparing him to other hall of fame players? The league has over 350 ballers...you naming 6-8 better players in a whole decade doesn't make him slightly above average you dunce

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I meant sort of, meaning there are still differences. And once again, Dwight and Mourning are on similar levels overall.
    huge difference on mentality...
    you ever notice that Zo never smile on court? and he inspires the whole team back in the 06' champ team, i didn't see a thing from Howard, not even a tiny bit......

to sum up Howard's mentality: Howard has no heart and probably no balls as well.

talking about athletism, Mr.Chocolate is even better than him, but anyway, Bird doesnt have any athletism, what seperates a great player and a normal one, is the B&B=Brain and Balls
    Last edited by alexandreben; 07-28-2010 at 10:43 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jimmyzegg's Avatar

Zo the Warrior > Dwight the Clown

Not airballing my layups anymore

Howard is soo young why is there a comparison with him an Zo?? Howard probaly still has 7 years to grow and hurt every other center in the league. Compare then..

7-time NBA All-Star

huge difference on mentality...
    you ever notice that Zo never smile on court? and he inspires the whole team back in the 06' champ team, i didn't see a thing from Howard, not even a tiny bit......

to sum up Howard's mentality: Howard has no heart and probably no balls as well.

talking about athletism, Mr.Chocolate is even better than him, but anyway, Bird doesnt have any athletism, what seperates a great player and a normal one, is the B&B=Brain and Balls
    Zo was turnover prone and foul prone like Dwight, actually, more so in some seasons so I don't see the brain comment. And for all of Zo's intensity, he wasn't a better playoff performer than Dwight.

I could give prime Zo a slight edge because I think he was an even better defender and more polished offensively(though only a bit more effective), but the 2 are comparable in terms of impact.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Quickz
    Howard is soo young why is there a comparison with him an Zo?? Howard probaly still has 7 years to grow and hurt every other center in the league. Compare then..
    yes that's a good point, however, "you fight with a great fighter makes you a great fighter", at least a better fighter, sadly, i just don't see any great fighter(center) in the league right now, even one single "enemy" Yao Ming can't stay healthy... wut's more, a man's greatness can be measured by his enemies, no bright future for Howard if you want to compare him to some epic great centers in the history......Howard is done.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Zo was turnover prone and foul prone like Dwight, actually, more so in some seasons so I don't see the brain comment. And for all of Zo's intensity, he wasn't a better playoff performer than Dwight.

I could give prime Zo a slight edge because I think he was an even better defender and more polished offensively(though only a bit more effective), but the 2 are comparable in terms of impact.
    true these two are comparable, but Zo...something from his heart, inside, that really helps him to exceed his own expectation, which i don't see anything from Howard, i think this is the part that most of the fans focus on "they're not even close", isn't it?

Not airballing my layups anymore

yes that's a good point, however, "you fight with a great fighter makes you a great fighter", at least a better fighter, sadly, i just don't see any great fighter(center) in the league right now, even one single "enemy" Yao Ming can't stay healthy... wut's more, a man's greatness can be measured by his enemies, no bright future for Howard if you want to compare him to some epic great centers in the history......Howard is done.
    Ya I see your point, today's centers suck...this era has not produced many good centers....I wouldn't compare him to the all-time greats but I think he could be ahead of some others when its all set and done.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

I remember when Zo gave 50 to the Bullets....

Dwight couldn't get 50 if his life depended on it.

Prime Zo >>>> Dwight.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    eh pretty much, but alonzo mourning came into the league with a 20/10 season. Also it has yet to be seen whether Dwight's post moves will continue to grow or if he's near his offensive peak. Defensively he can only go up, which is scary considering the level that he's at already at defensively. His inability, at times, to catch the ball, especially in the post, is disconcerting...
    You obviously haven't been watching the same games everyone else has. Howard has a score-first PG and a bunch of other guys on the team who suck at getting him the ball when he's got his guy pinned down near the basket. He can easily outrun every other center in the league, but doesn't have anyone who can/will consistently get him the ball in transition were he to sprint down the floor.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwight has reached his offensive prime already. Put it like this Wade will never have a consistent 3 point shot the same way Dwight will never have a consistent post up game, just not gonna happen, once your already 5-plus years in the L. Being he is a Center in such a weak era aswell, gives him complacency on his game that is based completely on athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYmpPqJLX_Y

Never seen yao take an ass whooping like that ever
    This was over 4 years ago jack@ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    nah idk who that is

but look at this real quick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-9y...eature=related
    LOL, RG, really?

Why don't you go home and worry about Yao's foot?

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    This was over 4 years ago jack@ss.

Yea i Know Zo tore his ACL and retired, if not Dwight would keep getting embarrassed by an old man year after year. Its not like his game changed drastically