Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #601
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-rockets.html

Quote:
ed-Los Olivos, CA
For the "fans" on this site that keep clamoring to trade Favors, will you please clam up, now? He is a class guy and now we see how much he means to the team on the floor.

He means 18 million to them though?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #602
Xiao Yao You

http://saltcityhoops.com/24074-2/

Quote:
The first thing that will stand out on the box score is Favors’ scoring. With Rudy in the back angry pedaling on the stationary bike, Favors got a lot of those pick-and-roll finishes usually designated for #27. That meant he got to operate more comfortably as the lone diving big and not worry — for this game, at least — about being the pressure release valve with pick-and-pop free throw line jumpers or the corner catch-and-shoot. He scored 24 on 10-for-13 shooting, and spent essentially the entire night in paint. (See his shot chart to the right.)

The paint is where he should be on why he has to go!
Old 12-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #603
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/12/7/18...player-jazzman

Quote:
What we saw in that game (and plenty others) was a starting-caliber center. And the advanced numbers reflect that.

Until he shows it on a good team he's not though

Quote:
Combine those second-chance points with steadier contributions from Dante Exum and Royce O’Neale, who both played better on Thursday, as well as some spacing from Kyle Korver, and you could start to see a path to good offense from Utah’s second unit.

Oh now Exum is good again too!

Quote:
But Thursday was solid evidence that a Favors-led lineup can work. Again, he was plus-22. And yes, the Rockets are a mess right now, but plenty of Favors’ minutes came against Clint Capela, who is not one of Houston’s problems.

18 mill

Quote:
If the results from that game start a trend, and a second unit led by Favors becomes a strength, it’s easier to imagine him playing out his contract with the Jazz. A selfless, starting-caliber center who’s willing to play whatever role is thrown his way is quite a luxury for a team to have.

It's easy anyway but stupid

Quote:
For a team with as many playoff berths and as much history as Utah, climbing that high up the Win Shares leaderboard is quite an accomplishment.

It's called longevity not greatness. See Jerry Sloan. Exhibit A

Quote:
Derrick Favors is the man.
If Rudy is ever out due to injury or suspension it is very comforting to know that DFavs has got his back. We need Favors and I hope we keep him for our playoff runs.

Posted by rubar4 on Dec 7, 2018 | 12:17 PM

As long as you know in the long run you a a lottery team
Old 12-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #604
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/12/6/18...ckets-referees

Quote:
Derrick Favors was amazing tonight. Playing fantastic defense while scoring 24 points and pulling down 10 rebounds. He was hyper efficient from the field, shooting 10-13 (77% FG%). Derrick Favors has sacrificed a ton this season. He has played out of position, been taking less minutes, and he STILL comes in ready to play big in moments like this.

Where can I sign up for the 18 mill sacrafice?

Quote:
I AM!!
I twitch when folks suggest trading Favs. If Gobert is out for any reason, we NEED him. Extra muchly!!!

Posted by ElleTee on Dec 7, 2018 | 5:02 AM

Udoh and Bradley for 1/3 the price would do fine

Quote:
Between him and Royce, those two might be the best individual defenders coming off anyone’s bench in the entire league. And when they’re providing offense too, it’s tough to beat the Jazz. This was also one of Rubio’s best games, imo. He is another player who I think is really helped by having a lot of space to work with.

Q targeted Harden nearly every time down the court and avoided Capella and Tucker in the action. Smart move.

Posted by Karl Stalone 32 on Dec 7, 2018 | 4:23 AM

An Thabo and Udoh are better!

Quote:
I noticed a few "iso-plays" from Exum but I also notice that no one is complaining about them like they do when Donovan does it. Interesting. For the record, I thought they were great, confidence-building plays for him.
- Ricky played just as good defense on Harden as Exum did. His hustle was outstanding. He made some great passes and should’ve had a few more assists if only the guy he passed to had made the shot.
- Udoh played great defense on CP3 which really seemed to shock CP3 and the Rox.
- Great game from Favors. Gotta love the guy.
- Even though Korver didn’t score a point, his gravity led to at least two easy baskets (both by Favors).
- Even though Donovan wasn’t scoring, he still was impacting the game with passes and defense – a mark of a great player.

Posted by meworkingman on Dec 7, 2018 | 1:07 PM

Mitchell is a great scorer. Exum sucks!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #605
Xiao Yao You

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...s-report-says/

too bad the Jazz couldn't do something like that
Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM   #606
Xiao Yao You

Tom Orsborn: An addition to the #Spurs injury report: Dante Cunningham is questionable for Sunday vs. Jazz with abdominal soreness. – via Twitter tom_orsborn
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM   #607
Xiao Yao You

Andy Larsen: Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey on Rudy Gobert: “It’s okay for Rudy to say that Donovan got pushed on the layup in the Miami game. And frankly, even though the official didn’t catch it and the league doesn’t agree, we as management agree with Rudy’s opinion.” – via Twitter andyblarsen
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #608
Xiao Yao You

The brand of Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell continues to grow during his sophomore season, and now you can add ambassador of Stance socks to his increasing resume. In addition to his multi-year sneaker deal with Adidas and partnership with New Era, Mitchell has agreed to become one of Stance’s Punks & Poets with an exclusive line of signature socks that are set to launch this season. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. “I’m excited to partner with the best sock company in the game,” Mitchell said. “Besides being super comfortable, I love being able to wake up and pick a sock that matches my mood. Each pair has a different vibe and unique design, which is really cool. “Blessed to be able to launch my collab with Stance,” he added. “Hope y’all like what we created.” – via Deseret News
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #609
Xiao Yao You

https://www.ksl.com/article/46443152...ng-goods-store

ugly!
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #610
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/12/7/18...ed-nike-earned

Quote:
Many have lamented that the Utah Jazz ditched their green threads for the gold uniform, but it appears those clamoring for a return to green will be happy. While I’m disappointed that they didn’t use a green variant of the City Uniform—GIVE ME GREEN GRADIENT—seeing the Jazz’s green back on the court is a welcome sight. The Utah Jazz have a solid rotation of uniforms right now with their Purple throwbacks, the “City” Uniforms, the gold “Statement” threads, and now the green “Earned” jerseys.

green gradient sounds even more awful
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #611
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2018/12/08/uta...ing-chestnuts/

Quote:
Upon moving to the 801 in 1979, the Jazz ditched the purple road uniforms of their New Orleans days for green duds with gold and white accents. It was during that green-shirt era of Jazz basketball that I first took note of the team; way back when Adrian Dantley and Rickey Green pushed it to new heights.

Don't really remember it that way. Remember them wearing green only for St. Patty's because Layden is Irish. Most games weren't on tv at the time though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: