Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Wow, Colin Cowherd is a idiot

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Why are you wasting your time listening to that clown?
    I'm at work. Have nothing else to do Can't lie though. It is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    at the bolded. Who was the guy that went off on him about Melo? Just a month ago I remember hearing him contemplating if the Knicks would consider trading Melo soon
    I don't remember who, it wasn't a famous person it was a stat type guy and he just basically told Cowdouche that Melo was playing at a level that only a few guys in the league are playing at so the Knicks should reshuffle around him until it works because you can't get guys like that. He told Cowdouche to go to the last few drafts and calculate % wise the chance the Knicks would get an impact guy if they made a Melo trade for picks and it was ridiculously small.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Over Duncan, Shaq and Kobe???

Wow Simmons is a fhcking retard

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    It's just his way of clearing Lebron's path to MJ. He's been slurping on all time levels this year
    Lebron has been deserving of alot of the praise he's gotten. But this dude just goes so overboard with his bias against Jordan and for Lebron. He's actively rooting for Lebron to be better but won't admit it. Its clear he thinks Lebron and the Heat are better then Jordan and the Bulls but always stops himself short of saying it.

I remember about a month ago he was comparing these Heat to the 96 Bulls. For like 5 minutes, he basically highlighted every single strength the Heat had over the Bulls and every weakness the Bulls would have against the Heat and didn't bother doing the opposite at all, then instead of saying the Heat would beat them in a series like you thought he would, he says something along the lines of "it would be really close, the Bulls would win, but it would go 7." It seemed painfully obvious that he didn't really believe that.

And then he can be incredibly inconsistent. Another time he compared the two teams, he said the only reason the Bulls beat the Pistons was cause the Pistons got old and then like 10 second later, he brings up how the Heat have gotten better as they've grown together. So apparently, the Heat beating the Celtics had nothing to do with them getting old and the Bulls weren't getting better as they grew together and had nothing to do with them beating the Pistons? Cause he completely ignored pointing that out.

Dude's a joke. But I'll keep listening.
    Last edited by guy; 04-15-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Cowherd just talks to make controversy.

During the last election cycle he said he always voted for the best candidate and not by party affiliation. Said he voted for Bush then Obama. Next day he say he likes such and such but will never vote for him because he's too young. Spends 10 minutes talking about life experience and there's no way anyone that young no matter how smart they are can have that life experience.

Problem is Cowherd had said the day before he voted for Obama in 2008. Obama was 3 years younger than the guy he's just spent 10 minutes saying is too young.

Guy has a radio show and his primary function is to get people talking about it.

OP started a two page thread of people doing just that.

Yep. He's the idiot.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I think the top 9 is pretty easy to rank

Jordan

Then in no particular order 2-6:
    Magic
    Russell
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Bird

Then in no particular order 7-9:
    Duncan
    Shaq
    Kobe

Then there is Robertson, Hakeem

LeBron should be in the top 15

And LeBron was blessed with his genetics. That's a stupid statement.
    This. LeBron can potentially get into that top 5 range, but atm he's top 10-15.

i heard that podcast too. i was suprised, he was almost open about trolling. He said things like 'im here to be entertaining', and openly admitting that he isnt there to be honest, accurate, or fair, but just to get listeners.

he was reallt open about how that was his goal, just to get people to watch, like journalistic integrity is meaningless to him.

and in a weird way, i gained respect for him, at least hes open about it. id still never listen to his show though, its too dumb, but at least hes honest about how hes really just trying to be provacative, and attention grabbing.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Guy has a radio show and his primary function is to get people talking about it.

Yep. He's the idiot.
    Oh please. You know what I mean. He's obviously smart enough to get to the point that he's at. But he's an idiot when it comes to this topic if that's he really believes.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i heard that podcast too. i was suprised, he was almost open about trolling. He said things like 'im here to be entertaining', and openly admitting that he isnt there to be honest, accurate, or fair, but just to get listeners.

he was reallt open about how that was his goal, just to get people to watch, like journalistic integrity is meaningless to him.

and in a weird way, i gained respect for him, at least hes open about it. id still never listen to his show though, its too dumb, but at least hes honest about how hes really just trying to be provacative, and attention grabbing.
    Huh? In the podcast, he specifically said he says what he believes and tells his bosses that he won't change his opinion just to get viewers. Now, obviously he may not really mean that, but he never said any of what you said.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JMT

Yep. He's the idiot.
    Yep.

Colin purposley takes the contrarian angle 90% of the time. Anything to drive in some ratings. Much like Skip Bayless. Only he's on the other end of the spectrum, as he is ridiculously pro-LeBron(especially post 'The Decision').

An idiot? Nah. Dude makes a cool million a year, doing a syndicated sports radio show. He's winning.
    Last edited by PJR; 04-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.

I've said it a million times. Colin Cowherd might be PauK or Lebron23 in disguise. All this dude does is ride LeBron's dick.
    Every time I've bothered to listen to his show all the way through, never has a segment gone by where he hasn't name dropped LeBron in some way, shape or form.

He could be discussing HGH use in professional wrestling, and suddenly LeBron's name will be mentioned, like "LeBron never takes HGH, and he's bigger than most wrestlers!"

He could be discussing his mother's funeral and suddenly "LeBron would've probably given me a huge hug if he saw me sad at my mommy's funeral... That's just the type of person he is. Always going out of his way to help the sad."

He could be discussing Kobe's Achilles injury and you'll hear "LeBron hasn't ever had a season ending injury; thus, LeBron > everyone."

The Colin Cowherd show should be titled "The LeBron Dick Riding Hour: Every Hour for 2 Hours!"

Yes, those examples were fake, but listen to his show all the way through and tell me that man does not have an unhealthy obsession with LBJ.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Cowherd says things for a reaction. He is a tool

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Huh? In the podcast, he specifically said he says what he believes and tells his bosses that he won't change his opinion just to get viewers. Now, obviously he may not really mean that, but he never said any of what you said.
    maybe he didnt say it word for word, but you could feel it was implied, that his priority is to get listeners, not to say something smart

he made is clear his goal was to get listeners (he even mocked others, keith olbermann i think, who had left bigger networks, in pursuit of a more honest show, for getting lower ratings) and to entertain.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    I think the top 9 is pretty easy to rank

Jordan

Then in no particular order 2-6:
    Magic
    Russell
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Bird

Then in no particular order 7-9:
    Duncan
    Shaq
    Kobe

Then there is Robertson, Hakeem

LeBron should be in the top 15

And LeBron was blessed with his genetics. That's a stupid statement.

The only big man Olajuwon CLEARLY belongs behind is Kareem. I'd put him ahead of Shaq and Duncan on this list without hesitation.