Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Michael Vick is such a unique talent.

i'd still pay money to watch vick play. can't say the same about kolb.

If i needed my house painted i'm not sure i'd trust the felon out of jail on dog fighting charges. If i owned a football team there's no way in hell i'd want that idiot as my long term solution at QB.

I know Vick is talented, but he's not talented to a level that makes you ignore his indescretions, not because i can't hire a felon, but because he seems likely to do something stupid enough again and be gone again.

Did i miss when Vick was a Brady like QB? He has had great moments, and tons of exciting ones, but his teams were never this slam dunk to win games. His passing can be erratic and his decision making at times is strange (he'll have a lane to run 40 yards, but decide now is pass time, and vice versa).

I'll give Vick this much credit... Right now? he is playing his best football ever..

*His QB rating has been over 100...

*No Picks

*He is beating defenses consistently from the pocket

*His speed and quickness is still incredible

I personally think he is poised right now to do something special if he gets the proper amount of time this year...

Im not sure how he'll play on a different team or even how he'd play if he sits for say 5 weeks and then comes back..

But right here, right now? this guy is feedin off of confidence and the team is catching it too..

they beat the Lions, but imma say it (and some of you will see it too at some point this year) The LIONS ARE NOT A JOKE THIS YEAR... YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU SLEEP ON THEM

Im thinking Vick could do something special this year if he gets the chance..

I'd say Vick is the greatest unique athlete not be considered amongst the greatest in his position for his sport.

What is unique about him?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    What is unique about him?
    SAme thing I asked.

There's been other fast QBs, QBs that get many rushing yards as well.

He might be one of the best, if not THE best rushing QB ever.... but not unique in any way.

Hell... I'm even willing to state that Kordell Stewart was more unique than he was.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I'll give Vick this much credit... Right now? he is playing his best football ever..

*His QB rating has been over 100...

*No Picks

*He is beating defenses consistently from the pocket

*His speed and quickness is still incredible

I personally think he is poised right now to do something special if he gets the proper amount of time this year...

Im not sure how he'll play on a different team or even how he'd play if he sits for say 5 weeks and then comes back..

But right here, right now? this guy is feedin off of confidence and the team is catching it too..

they beat the Lions, but imma say it (and some of you will see it too at some point this year) The LIONS ARE NOT A JOKE THIS YEAR... YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU SLEEP ON THEM

Im thinking Vick could do something special this year if he gets the chance..
    According to Eagles's coaching staff, he is going to be the backup for the next game and they will start Kolb.

I'll will be rooting for Kolb to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    SAme thing I asked.

There's been other fast QBs, QBs that get many rushing yards as well.

He might be one of the best, if not THE best rushing QB ever.... but not unique in any way.

Hell... I'm even willing to state that Kordell Stewart was more unique than he was.
    Fastest QB ever.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

interesting interview on fresh air today with the author of a new book on the dogs from his fight kennel. Not villifying or anything, but really an interesting look at the whole aftermath from the perspective of rehabilitating these dogs. had the animal behaviorist who worked with them, as well as one of the people one of the dogs ended up with. definitely worth listening to if you have some time.
    http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPl...24&m=129992695

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    If i needed my house painted i'm not sure i'd trust the felon out of jail on dog fighting charges. If i owned a football team there's no way in hell i'd want that idiot as my long term solution at QB.

I know Vick is talented, but he's not talented to a level that makes you ignore his indescretions, not because i can't hire a felon, but because he seems likely to do something stupid enough again and be gone again.

Did i miss when Vick was a Brady like QB? He has had great moments, and tons of exciting ones, but his teams were never this slam dunk to win games. His passing can be erratic and his decision making at times is strange (he'll have a lane to run 40 yards, but decide now is pass time, and vice versa).
    Ok this is the type of shit I don't like. Are you seriously still bitching about the dog fighting charges? THAT SHIT IS OVER. You need to learn to forgive and forget as this guy could emerge this year. Can't believe the pussies on this board that get away with saying shit like this like they're in any position to judge someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Fastest QB ever.

true.. His quickness is shocking

One of the lions came at his blind side and without really even seeing the guy he spun out of what would of been a crushing sack and took off for 10+ yards.. Got us inside the 10 on the way to another TD...

Kolb would have gotten killed on that play..

there is no other QB in the league who couldve done the things Vick did this past Sunday...

He looks like he is trying to become a complete player this year... Not even the Eagles could be stupid enough to build this guy up into a great weapon and then trade him away... We already gave away 1 pro bowl franchise QB.. As luck would have it, we happen to have another sitting on the bench... Dont give him away too..

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    true.. His quickness is shocking

One of the lions came at his blind side and without really even seeing the guy he spun out of what would of been a crushing sack and took off for 10+ yards.. Got us inside the 10 on the way to another TD...

Kolb would have gotten killed on that play..

there is no other QB in the league who couldve done the things Vick did this past Sunday...

He looks like he is trying to become a complete player this year... Not even the Eagles could be stupid enough to build this guy up into a great weapon and then trade him away... We already gave away 1 pro bowl franchise QB.. As luck would have it, we happen to have another sitting on the bench... Dont give him away too..
    oooooooooooooooooooooo but we traded mcnabb so kolb can start...blah blah blah....why couldnt we have traded mcnabb so vick can start? tired of hearing that weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i'd still pay money to watch vick play. can't say the same about kolb.
    Same here.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

A thread like this really distinguishes the white folk from colored folk.

Andy Reid is probably one of the most annoying coaches out there. Always f*cking up when to take timeouts (been going on for years) and just drop it with Kolb already.. Vick should be the man at this point