Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default LeBron's "Charging" call was bogus.

I already said in my previous posting that the NBA wants a Game 6/7 for this series, and they made it happen. So no surprise for me. The referees call the game in a certain way that favors the Pacers and it sets the tone for the game.

For example. Roy Hibbert has logged 21 minutes in a half with no fouls twice in his career. Both in this series -- Game 4, and tonight.

ANYWAY.......

NBA RULES - BLOCK-CHARGE

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRveNUizHFI

Hibbert jumps from within the restricted area. Blocking foul.

Hibbert does not put his hands straight up, and instead puts his hands forward and hits LeBron's arms. Personal foul.

Default Re: LeBron's "Charging" call was bogus.

You're overreacting about as much as Lebron did. Acting like a straight up cry baby.

Obviously LeBron agrees with OP and sprinted like a dumbass

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

LJ shoulda passed to the open man down low ... if he makes the easy pass to the open man for an open bucket, he takes the ref outta the game

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Any foul should be called when there are elbows involved.

I can quote rules too...

The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot.

This may be what the ref saw...

Thread backfire. Correct call made.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    I can quote rules too...

The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot.

OP ethered.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    I can quote rules too...

Except LeBron didn't do that. His arms and elbows were in a natural position to shoot the ball.

Completely bogus call. Roy Hibbert is being treated like Michael Jordan. I am 100000% positive the NBA front office has instructed the referees to give Roy Hibbert a lot of room so he doesn't foul out and it keeps this series close and continues to get ratings. Miami Heat are consistently the #1 rated TV show whenever they play in the playoffs.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

I have never seen such an offensive foul call in NBA in my life.

Here in europe thats not offensive foul either.

Refs just messed up

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Except LeBron didn't do that. His arms and elbows were in a natural position to shoot the ball.

Completely bogus call. Roy Hibbert is being treated like Michael Jordan. I am 100000% positive the NBA front office has instructed the referees to give Roy Hibbert a lot of room so he doesn't foul out and it keeps this series close and continues to get ratings. Miami Heat are consistently the #1 rated TV show whenever they play in the playoffs.
    Watch his right elbow, he hits Hibbert's arm away. Seriously take the homer goggles off.
    Last edited by BlazerRed; 06-02-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Ohhh, so you guys now want to claim conspiracies, but everyone else is crazy for saying there is one? :

Well you're half right, there is a conspiracy happening but it's going in Heat's favour so don't worry...

1. League wanted 6 or more games.

2. Heat will go through, Dan Crawford will ref game 7 just to make sure.

Hibbert jumps from within the restricted area. Blocking foul.
    Your knowledge of the game is immeasurable, contact in the air = blocking foul?

So a player now can't even jump straight up? What should he do? Step away? Oh my Lebron in 90's would be hilarious to see! With the paint packed and without the 3pt spacing and his completely broken-down-10% mid range shot.

Those types of play should be a no call, but every non retard person can clearly see how Lebron knees Hibbert. So offensive call. Unless now you can attack the basket with your elbows and knees.

And here we have it, Lebrontards whining because refs are making the right calls and not carrying Lebron like they did last year.

I can't wait until ESPN retards bring and ex-ref and throw money at him to say that it was a call on Hibbert. Anything for bronzy!
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 06-02-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Needless to say I was suprised.

However, like basically any other game, he got away with other offensive fouls. Refs should just call those really, no need to invent.

It was a bad call, but the Pacers would have won anyway.

Miami didn't lose this game because of one bad call, they lost because they hit less than 30% of their shots from inside the arc.