Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #16
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Im at sharkeys restaurant waiting for my salmon burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Working a rare Saturday (most productions shoot M-F) on the new wizard of Oz movie. I'd take a picture but they're really gungho about confidentiality. On a huge sound stage on the Sony lot, the whole stage is blue screened with 160 background in crazy costumes. Sound cool? Well I want to go home.

how do i get a hook up to come on a set? im in the valley
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #17
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I heard about that movie and it sounds awesome bro. Can you tell us anything else about it?

it's tough to tell sometimes what's going to be good and what's not while filming. I've read great scripts that turned into shitty movies and I've been on set thinking "this is shit" and it turns out great. Having said that I think this is going to be pretty dope. It's supposedly based more on the book than the 1939 film. I think we're all a little tired of re-imaginations but they're putting a shitload of money into it and the cast is pretty great. The stuff we shot today looks really cool. Michelle Williams has become arguably my favorite actress in recent years, she's also a super fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
how do i get a hook up to come on a set? im in the valley

they are so crazy about confidentiality on this movie, it's not a good bring-strangers-to-set type of movie, they have something like 50 people on and around set (we're already on a secured lot/studio that you have to be working for to get on) just to make sure only "cleared" people are on set (we have to wear bracelets like at concerts and have scannable photo badges) and that no one is taking photographs. They try to be strict about not having cell phones (cameras) on set but it's pretty hard to enforce that to a bunch of grown men with iphones and down time. I worked on the first Star Trek movie and it was the same, you have to sign all these disclosure affidavits and they contantly give you memos and speeches about it. The craziest confidentiality set I've been on was the most recent Indiana Jones movie and the craziest "lock up" I've ever seen was for the Jennifer Anniston-eating-hot dogs/bananas/sexy shot in Horrible Bosses. They basically tented off a residential block and surrounded the perimeter with people to ward off paparazzi. Shit's crazy, I understand Jenn Anniston not wanting nude photos taken but the over-the-top efforts to avoid spoilers/leaks for shit like Indiana Jones is just absurd to me.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
it's tough to tell sometimes what's going to be good and what's not while filming. I've read great scripts that turned into shitty movies and I've been on set thinking "this is shit" and it turns out great. Having said that I think this is going to be pretty dope. It's supposedly based more on the book than the 1939 film. I think we're all a little tired of re-imaginations but they're putting a shitload of money into it and the cast is pretty great. The stuff we shot today looks really cool. Michelle Williams has become arguably my favorite actress in recent years, she's also a super fox.

they are so crazy about confidentiality on this movie, it's not a good bring-strangers-to-set type of movie, they have something like 50 people on and around set (we're already on a secured lot/studio that you have to be working for to get on) just to make sure only "cleared" people are on set (we have to wear bracelets like at concerts and have scannable photo badges) and that no one is taking photographs. They try to be strict about not having cell phones (cameras) on set but it's pretty hard to enforce that to a bunch of grown men with iphones and down time. I worked on the first Star Trek movie and it was the same, you have to sign all these disclosure affidavits and they contantly give you memos and speeches about it. The craziest confidentiality set I've been on was the most recent Indiana Jones movie and the craziest "lock up" I've ever seen was for the Jennifer Anniston-eating-hot dogs/bananas/sexy shot in Horrible Bosses. They basically tented off a residential block and surrounded the perimeter with people to ward off paparazzi. Shit's crazy, I understand Jenn Anniston not wanting nude photos taken but the over-the-top efforts to avoid spoilers/leaks for shit like Indiana Jones is just absurd to me.

sounds crazy

any chance ur working on the arrested development movie?
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: