Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has anyone had any life threatening experiences?

Any crazy stories?

Default Re: Has anyone had any life threatening experiences?

Ight, so look, I was at this thing, and we went to this other thing, then this happened, so after all that escalated, we went BACK to the other thing, so I stoood there and was like "who are you again" got busted up bad, ran away, they chased me, jumped me, woke up in hospital. Next day I leave from hospital and see the guys at 711, they spot me immediately and I notice they follow me out of the store. I panic. Sprinted inside and locked the doors, started my engine and sped off, as I pull out I realize I forgot my slurpy on the counter.

Good thread.

Yeah, I've nearly drowned twice in the surf and nearly died at a Chilli Peppers concert.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Good thread.

Yeah, I've nearly drowned twice in the surf and nearly died at a Chilli Peppers concert.
    Tell us more about how you almost died at a concert

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Tell us more about how you almost died at a concert

A massive crowd turned out for what's known as "The Big Day Out" over here.

They hold the event during our hottest period of the year around January.

The temperature wasn't all that bad at the time they played, but the temperature at ground level with all the fans was pretty high, I remember my head throbbing and showing signs of heatstroke when this was all happening.

Anyways, so I went to rush up the front (as you do when you want to get the experience and see your favourite band) and there was huge crowd surges coming from the sides to the middle.

As I pushed deep into the middle of the "mosh pit", sometime in the middle of the set, the crowds started to get really wrestless with the squashing and people started collapsing on each other from the pressure of the pushing.

I got stuck under about 4 or 5 blokes, at that time I had already expended a huge amount of energy trying to keep standing but also jump around as the music played. The pressure of the packing on top of me caused me to black out and stop breathing momentarily.

I don't remember too much for a small period, only that someone pulled me from under the pack and my vision restored.

You might consider that to be non-life threatening, but I had honestly given up once i was stuck under that heavy pack of people. I was gone.

I once saw a black person

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

People rush to see the Chilli peppers..ew

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    People rush to see the Chilli peppers..ew

The release of the Album "Californication" was pretty huge at the time.

People were acting crazy nuts in the crowd. I'm a pretty tall and solid guy, yet I found myself as part of the tide of pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Ight, so look, I was at this thing, and we went to this other thing, then this happened, so after all that escalated, we went BACK to the other thing, so I stoood there and was like "who are you again" got busted up bad, ran away, they chased me, jumped me, woke up in hospital. Next day I leave from hospital and see the guys at 711, they spot me immediately and I notice they follow me out of the store. I panic. Sprinted inside and locked the doors, started my engine and sped off, as I pull out I realize I forgot my slurpy on the counter.
    Genius writing.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Not really unusual, but I've been shot at several times over the years while in my car, never hit my body though. One shooting as recently as March. The first time I was extremely anxious and shaken up. This last time hardly even phased me lol Just drove home from there like normal and carried on lmao

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Yep. It actually happened in West Philadelphia. Scary times. I was out there visiting a friend who was born/raised there. We were both kids and our dads were best friends who used to work together, so my family would fly out to visit them from time to time. It wasn't the nicest of areas, but we spent most of the time on the playground anyway. So we were into basketball as kids, like most of us on here were. We'd just go and shoot hoops at the outdoor court for fun and sometimes play 21 with his brother. Anyways, one time, we were at the outdoor court in his neighborhood. It's not the nicest of neighborhoods, but his older brother (13) was normally there with us. He wasn't with us this time, and some older dudes about 18-19 came to the court while we were shooting. At first, they were playing basketball on the other side of the court, but they kept eyeing us. We ignored them and pretended that we didn't notice them. They were really mean looking, and were all wearing hoodies and spoke really ghetto. Our ball rolled onto their side of the court, and then one of them starting talking trash to us. Long story short, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I took a fresh cab and when I got there, I said to the due "Yo homes, smell ya later". I looked at my kingdom and I was finally there. I sat on my throne as the fresh prince of bel air. It was definitely a scary time. I have a lot of regrets about going out that time, but everything worked out in the end. Me and my uncle/cousin ended up having a lot of great moments. We even had a butler!

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Yep. It actually happened in West Philadelphia. Scary times. I was out there visiting a friend who was born/raised there. We were both kids and our dads were best friends who used to work together, so my family would fly out to visit them from time to time. It wasn't the nicest of areas, but we spent most of the time on the playground anyway. So we were into basketball as kids, like most of us on here were. We'd just go and shoot hoops at the outdoor court for fun and sometimes play 21 with his brother. Anyways, one time, we were at the outdoor court in his neighborhood. It's not the nicest of neighborhoods, but his older brother (13) was normally there with us. He wasn't with us this time, and some older dudes about 18-19 came to the court while we were shooting. At first, they were playing basketball on the other side of the court, but they kept eyeing us. We ignored them and pretended that we didn't notice them. They were really mean looking, and were all wearing hoodies and spoke really ghetto. Our ball rolled onto their side of the court, and then one of them starting talking trash to us. Long story short, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I took a fresh cab and when I got there, I said to the due "Yo homes, smell ya later". I looked at my kingdom and I was finally there. I sat on my throne as the fresh prince of bel air. It was definitely a scary time. I have a lot of regrets about going out that time, but everything worked out in the end. Me and my uncle/cousin ended up having a lot of great moments. We even had a butler!

yes, almost got brain cancer reading your threads

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    A massive crowd turned out for what's known as "The Big Day Out" over here.

They hold the event during our hottest period of the year around January.

The temperature wasn't all that bad at the time they played, but the temperature at ground level with all the fans was pretty high, I remember my head throbbing and showing signs of heatstroke when this was all happening.

Anyways, so I went to rush up the front (as you do when you want to get the experience and see your favourite band) and there was huge crowd surges coming from the sides to the middle.

As I pushed deep into the middle of the "mosh pit", sometime in the middle of the set, the crowds started to get really wrestless with the squashing and people started collapsing on each other from the pressure of the pushing.

I got stuck under about 4 or 5 blokes, at that time I had already expended a huge amount of energy trying to keep standing but also jump around as the music played. The pressure of the packing on top of me caused me to black out and stop breathing momentarily.

I don't remember too much for a small period, only that someone pulled me from under the pack and my vision restored.

You might consider that to be non-life threatening, but I had honestly given up once i was stuck under that heavy pack of people. I was gone.
    this is some really scary shit tbh, glad youre fine bro
    remember reading an incident a while back(cant remember its name) where people were trying to leave a football stadium but the gates werent open, a lot of people died from lack of oxygen

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    this is some really scary shit tbh, glad youre fine bro
    remember reading an incident a while back(cant remember its name) where people were trying to leave a football stadium but the gates werent open, a lot of people died from lack of oxygen

Yep.

Reminds me of this event I heard where people were literally suffocated by the sheer numbers in a small area of space at a football game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SdGtCWrvlo