Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far
Default Zo's number to be retired March 30...

Zo's 33 will be the first Miami players number retired... a fitting tribute.

It was Zo and Tim Hardaway who together made Miami first matter in the playoffs. Anyone think his number will be next... and of course DWade's third?
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Zo's number to be retired March 30...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Reilly
Zo's 33 will be the first Miami players number retired... a fitting tribute.

It was Zo and Tim Hardaway who together made Miami first matter in the playoffs. Anyone think his number will be next... and of course DWade's third?

Regardless of the negative stigma tied to Hardaway after his statement on gays, I still think his number should be retired. He was just awesome to watch in his prime with the Heat.

Glen Rice had argueably more success with Charlotte and the Lakers. So I don't think its him. Hardaway is the only other player I consider worthy enough (other than Wade someday).
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Pat Reilly
I hit open layups

Pat Reilly has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Regardless of the negative stigma tied to Hardaway after his statement on gays, I still think his number should be retired. He was just awesome to watch in his prime with the Heat.

Glen Rice had argueably more success with Charlotte and the Lakers. So I don't think its him. Hardaway is the only other player I consider worthy enough (other than Wade someday).

Glen Rice put up great personal numbers. His problem is the pre-Riley HEAT were not that good. Think losing records. I think they did manage 42-40 once and with no success in the post-season obviously... unless getting bounced in the first round is considered success.

Part of being a great player is elevating your team.

But if you place the emphasis more on personal stats rather than making a run in the playoffs... a great choice.

...and Shaq's problem is in his 3rd year... after helping DWade win a title... he turned into an albatross around the team's neck.
Pat Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Reilly
...and Shaq's problem is in his 3rd year... after helping DWade win a title... he turned into an albatross around the team's neck.

Considering his negative comments about the Heat's training & medical staff after his departure, and the fact he was only here 3 yrs... Shaq pretty much has zero chance of getting him jersey number retired by the Heat.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congrats to Zo... dude was a warrior and definitely one of the last of the old schoolers.....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Zo is deserving. One of the toughest dudes to play the game. Let number 33 hang high. I'll miss watching Mourning play.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
John Smith
Local High School Star

John Smith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86

too many gays in miami for that to happen. they'll protest if hardaway is in discussion for one. let's face it, Miami is GAY! it is a GAY town.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

props to 33! a true warrior!!!!

(i wish he was a laker!)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: