Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #91
playstation
I brick open layups

playstation has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
playstation i said what i did on purpose to get a pissy reply from u. good job girl.

again...your intellectual prowess blows my mind. kudos on slipping in the 'girl' comment there...
playstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:10 PM   #92
playstation
I brick open layups

playstation has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
whats the job market like in Phoenix? Theres very limited positions in the financial sector and it has some decent legal positions. I can't imagine it being anywhere near as strong as the los angeles or san fran economies

yep. there's a fair amount of jobs, but the truly financially rewarding positions are not really in high abundance. i want to go back there after I graduate, but that is what's holding me back...

best bet is still NYC, SF, LA, DC, Chicago, and Boston...
playstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #93
nerds
I hit open layups

nerds has an OK reputation so far
Default ..

AU $1100 a month in Sydney, Australia and thats somewhat cheap in this expensive city!
nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #94
Patti972
I airball my layups

Patti972 has an OK reputation so far

Dallas is getting more expensive with all of the urban development going on around the downtown area but if you really look you can still find some deals. I think once Victory has more completed buildings (for non-Dallas residents: Victory Park is butted up to downtown. It's where the American Airlines center is and where the newly completed W hotel is located. It's a 'hot spot'), all the areas down there will be even more expensive. There's so much under crane already.

Around the metroplex, you can find 'cheap' apartments. But if you want to live in town (Downtown, Uptown, Victory Park, Ellum, Turtle Creek, Oak Lawn, West Village, etc.) or in the Park Cities, you're most likely going to have to shell out a lot of cash.

Last edited by Patti972 : 07-13-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Patti972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #95
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I'm jealous of you guys that live in primitive lands like Canada and Kansas!
try toronto, expensive as hell, i use to rent a townhouse it cost like 1600 a month and that ain't no nice neighborhood, my brother in law rents a 1 bedroom in the same area and it's like 1000 cockroaches included, if you were in a nice area it would probably be about 1300 a month, when I finally bought, my mortgage is like 700 a month, makes you think the system is set up to keep people from getting ahead, and yeah it's great now that I finally own, but the crap thing is I couldn't afford to buy in toronto I had to move outside the city, and now i'm a miserable commuter, man you just can't win.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #96
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: How Much is Your Rent?

Based on your experienecs fellows, would it be wiser to go apartment or stick with the dormitoriez?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #97
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

im a homeowner, **** rent hehehe
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #98
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm literally the only person I know that has a studio in SF and pays under a 1k.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #99
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
$400 a month for a run down one bedrooom near Union Square in Manhattan.

lol...
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #100
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
$1550, one bedroom Upper East Side, Manhattan. Yeah it's a lot, but I eventually want to purchase maybe a brownstone in Brooklyn or even Hoboken, NJ.

thats very cheap for manhatten.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #101
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

almost 2700 a month. LA is stupid expensive (i lived in NYC as well, comprabable) and I live "by" the beach so it's more.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #102
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Yall live in some expensive ass places. Man I'm glad I live in Texas if only for the cheap housing.

My friends and I just got a converted 4bedroom/1 bathroom house walking/biking distance to campus and the bars for $350/month per person.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #103
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
almost 2700 a month. LA is stupid expensive (i lived in NYC as well, comprabable) and I live "by" the beach so it's more.
you pay 2,700 a fcking month on your own?

jesus christ.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #104
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockHolmes
4 bedroom and only 1 fucking bathroom? How the fuck are you suppose to do your hair in the morning? You gotta take ****s with your roommates shaving in the same bathroom? What the **** are they doing to college kids at A&M!?

The only things that take long are shitting, showering and shaving.

At most that takes 20-25 min.

And yes, people can piss while I'm taking a shower or piss while I'm shaving. No ****ting though. That's just awkward.

Last edited by Hawker : 05-05-2009 at 04:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: