Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: LMAO Miami are really 8-5?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I do think they've been very unclucky in losing as many games as they have. 4 of the 5 losses all went to the last few seconds, where everything that could've gone wrong did. The only game where they were truly outplayed was the game against Boston last week. This team could easily be 11-2 right now.
    Bosh's bankshot 3 wasn't lucky at all?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I don't even know who the f@#k said the Heat were going to beat the Bulls record. Are you out of your damn mind? We'll be lucky to win 50. Miami really needs to get together and stop losing games they should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Isn't that what counts? Winning a close game? Weathering the onslaught of an opposition team? Every now and then a great team should be able to withstand close and tight games because it prepares the team for the playoffs. If you can't overcome in an close game with playoff-like atmosphere, how do you expect to survive in the playoffs itself!?!?
    Yeah true but it happens. I still think Heat need some Pittman/Mags

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Come on now, LETS KEEP IT REAL...

8-5 for THIS team and the expectations they had coming in, THUS FAR is NOT good.

There are SEVERAL alarming key points to their games, and glaring weaknesses to this team.

Im not talking about the god damn BULLS RECORD. Im talking about IN GENERAL NOW....You're going to sit there, with a straight face, and tell everyone on this board, that you feel a team with this much talent, is okay with a record of 8-5??

Some of you are playing yourselves. You know when the season started, if anyone told you they'd be 8-5, that you would have laughed. Hell, I WOULD have laughed.

PianoMan
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Im not talking about the god damn BULLS RECORD. Im talking about IN GENERAL NOW....You're going to sit there, with a straight face, and tell everyone on this board, that you feel a team with this much talent, is okay with a record of 8-5??

Some of you are playing yourselves. You know when the season started, if anyone told you they'd be 8-5, that you would have laughed. Hell, I WOULD have laughed.
    Dude let them have some time. I mean seriously Carlos Arroyo at the Pg Position i mean who cant abuse him? But lets not blame everything on Carlos Arryoy and the Coach bad Rotation. Im sure when Miller and Wade and Haslem come back healthy we wont have to worry about losing that much. Your just one of those haters that are expecting to much from this heat team in one 13 games.

Banned

i for one never expected the Heat to be undefeated or even beat the bulls record
    all i expected is for them to be a shoo-in for the playoffs and probably in the top 4 in the east

but right in that opener against Boston, any high hopes i might've have been adjusted after all their weaknesses were displayed right in front of the world
    and game after game my expectation started to lower approaching the level of three facepalms
    simply put, Miami is playing crap

so yeah. anytime they win a game, i'd be happy

Especially when they've only beaten one surefire playoff team.

I was thinking about how this team wasn't going to be a contender their first year, but I didn't think they'd look this bad. I don't understand what people think is going to change to make them a contender.

I mean, I might be eating my words in the end because Bron and Wade can do some amazing things, but I bet I won't be.

How can you guys act like you are satisfied with 8-5? The team I like, the Cs, is 9-3 and I think they should be 12-0. Or maybe 11-1. A team like Miami... that was so 'good' that they made a "Heat Index" part of espn.com should be "pretty satisfied" with being 8-5? No way. If their schedule wasn't such a cupcake fest to start, they might not have won that many.

-Smak

Coming from a Miami fan, the Heat are looking like a 6-8th seed in the Playoffs right now. They don't look anything like Champions. No body should even be talking about the Playoffs until we can actually beat a legit team.

Well, I've seen enough to predict a massacre on Christmas Day. Gasol and Odom are gonna dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRob
    Well, I've seen enough to predict a massacre on Christmas Day. Gasol and Odom are gonna dominate.
    Still a month left. A month for Miami to actually begin being who they are hoped to be.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

We Da Noobs

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Coming from a Miami fan, the Heat are looking like a 6-8th seed in the Playoffs right now. They don't look anything like Champions. No body should even be talking about the Playoffs until we can actually beat a legit team.
    Respect dude for admitting it. you peteballa, JSH, and papayapete are the only ones that keep it real.

8-5 is a little disappointing. I'm not too worried, but Spo is offensively deficient and has been for 3 seasons now. Can a brother get a screen?

Banned

Where is it written that this team needs to follow the protocol of expectations set up by their critics, fans and haters? Granted, proclaiming that you're going to bring home "not five... not six... not seven" rings sets you up for people either hoping you crash and burn or expecting you to click right from the jump and dominate with ease... but, really, where did this team state "we are going to destroy from game 1 and take over immediately"?

In no way do I back the Miami Heat. Going into the season I was of course eager to see how this experiment would pan out and I, too, am alarmed by the results so far. I know the guys on this team deep down feel a bit foolish for lauding themselves as a juggernaut before they even started but people on this board act as though they HAVE to win a certain amount of games within a certain period of time to prove that the team is working. You had to expect these kinds of pitfalls in the beginning, no matter how accomplished each individual athlete is.

Boston is allowed to turn it on in the playoffs and coast through the regular season and the league and fans as a whole have accepted that. I don't expect Miami to do something QUITE that extreme but I'm sure they're much more focused on working out the kinks as a unit then coming out of the gates and tearing their competition to shreds. Perhaps they consider the regular season a trial run and near the post-season is when everything falls into place? We can't know because we aren't there yet. I just wish people would stop jumping the shark and saying the team is in ruins because they aren't winning "like they should". It's boring to hear and read.

Give them some time. I'm sure they'll work it out and if they don't the necessary changes will be made to MAKE IT work. (supporting cast, coaching staff, etc).