Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: ISPs ready to crack down on piracy

It's a lost cause really, for these morons who can't see the forest for the trees (the ones trying to stop pirating. They're so focused on stopping it, they've lost sight or the simple common sense that all you can do is slow the beast down; you can't stop it. Someone, somewhere will invent some new type or successful method to illegally downloading music and movies (games too, or whatever else).

It's the same thing with hackers, etc. Why do you think Norton and all the followers in the industry create and implement new software every six to twelve months? Alright, yes of course, to make additional money, but the truth of the matter is they need those new updates annually or even as early as every six months. The concept and reality behind pirating is no different really.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 10-23-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    It's a joke man, you can chill.

I see here that you only just now discovered the awesomeness that is Workaholics, and you want to create multiple posts where you drop the same youtube vid, I suppose as a means to have people think you're cool. (joke, just messin')

"Hey, that video was funny Anti! ... man, what is that?"

Anti: "Oh, you know, just this new TV show that I FOUND BEFORE ALL OF YOU AND JUST BE THANKFUL I SHARED IT WITH YOU!"

_____

That's enough pancake smacking between us for one day. You're the anti-hero, which isn't fair because you get to be Dr. Doom if you wanted. He's the baddest of them all, ask Krispy Kreme. Since I have to play the hero part, I guess I'll be Bobby Digital.

Bobby Digital hung Anti-Hero (in this case, you chose the White Queen, also known as Emma Frost) with an analog cable that was lying around. Her (his) body now just lying on the ground. Soul probably having a little fun flying around. If she released an album, you damn right, I'm buying the sound. I got my eye on the town, the city loves watching me, but when I spy I can't be found!

Yes I did cry, tears were abound. Why can't I just die, by fire or drown? Raphael pass me your sai, time to murder this clown. LOJ, I do not lie, Splinter said with a frown. Tell me why, why do you deserve the crown? Master, as I look up at the sky, my chest begins to pound. The Dolphins had a bye, Matt Cain took the mound. Armstrong, dope fiend stay high, what a fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I think you took this all too seriously.. It's just a goof man. I like your in depth posts though. You bring smiles to my day and for that I thank you.
    I'm not being serious.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    The days of torrenting seem to be coming to an end. Sad but true. Just not worth the risk for me right now.

Hopefully, I can find a way to get the latest episodes of Downton Abbey without torrents.
    Private trackers are as safe now as they were five years ago. Just use your head and there is nothing to worry about.

they recentlly signed the cybercrime law in the phillippines which punishes downloading movies and music. It got put on a TRO by the supreme court due to a provision in it which made online libel a criminal offense. All this due to a jack a$$ senator being butt hurt for being called out for plagarism.But due to the actual vaguness of the law you could get jailed for liking a libelous post of someone else by just agreeing to it. Also the cyber sex law also was not well defined and made it a crime to say webcam you and your gf/wife even if it was consensual. hopefuly this isnt the end of torrenting in the phil. and you get warnings first not the police knocking on your door to take u to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    they recentlly signed the cybercrime law in the phillippines which punishes downloading movies and music. It got put on a TRO by the supreme court due to a provision in it which made online libel a criminal offense. All this due to a jack a$$ senator being butt hurt for being called out for plagarism.But due to the actual vaguness of the law you could get jailed for liking a libelous post of someone else by just agreeing to it. Also the cyber sex law also was not well defined and made it a crime to say webcam you and your gf/wife even if it was consensual. hopefuly this isnt the end of torrenting in the phil. and you get warnings first not the police knocking on your door to take u to jail.
    Don't worry none of that will happen, from my experience this type of ambiguous laws are usually passed to reduce pressure on the government. Passing laws is easy enforcing them is costly and consuming.

Time Warner is not doing this. I remember specifically talking to people there, we had criminal complaints (like real crimes) we helped the police get information for. It's time consuming and expensive. The request then came from hollywood to do this for EVERY customer and everything they downloaded. The response was

1) **** you

UNLESS

2) We'll do it if you pay for workers to sift through everything. A lot of workers.

#2 has no chance of happening.

I think this is puffing smoke.

Does this shit apply to zip files?

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    Usenet sucks. Anything old always ends up damaged or corrupt. It was pretty bad.
    Here's what i used...

Giganews as the provider
    NBZ Matrix as the .nzb size to download from
    Alt.Binz as the program

I never had a corrupt file as long as I downloaded the .pars and had them repaired with Alt.Binz.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Does this shit apply to zip files?
    Yes, if the zip file has copyrighted material in it.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Time Warner is not doing this. I remember specifically talking to people there, we had criminal complaints (like real crimes) we helped the police get information for. It's time consuming and expensive. The request then came from hollywood to do this for EVERY customer and everything they downloaded. The response was

1) **** you

UNLESS

2) We'll do it if you pay for workers to sift through everything. A lot of workers.

#2 has no chance of happening.

I think this is puffing smoke.
    Link?

Maybe you're the one puffing smoke, dude. I'm pretty sure you made up that 1) ... 2) ... 3) response letter. You post this stuff as if you conducted these experiment trails yourself. Answer me this, sir. Do you work alone, or do you require a staff of highly trained, lowly paid, dumb jerks who know damn well they work under you but refuse to call you Leader, or Big Boss Man! Hell, they are your subordinates, are they not, sir?

OMG, FYI, ATM I just realized you don't even have a link. For the record, just so we're all clear, there never was a link to your claims. Maybe you did read all this somewhere, but coming from you, an actual link would make the perfect complement. I love you, you love mink, I so purdy please make me a dwink...

*wink* *wink*

*link* *link*

has anyone ever had to pay a fine because of piracy??

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    has anyone ever had to pay a fine because of piracy??

My family was sued and had to file pleadings. .

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Link?

Maybe you're the one puffing smoke, dude. I'm pretty sure you made up that 1) ... 2) ... 3) response letter. You post this stuff as if you conducted these experiment trails yourself. Answer me this, sir. Do you work alone, or do you require a staff of highly trained, lowly paid, dumb jerks who know damn well they work under you but refuse to call you Leader, or Big Boss Man! Hell, they are your subordinates, are they not, sir?

OMG, FYI, ATM I just realized you don't even have a link. For the record, just so we're all clear, there never was a link to your claims. Maybe you did read all this somewhere, but coming from you, an actual link would make the perfect complement. I love you, you love mink, I so purdy please make me a dwink...

*wink* *wink*

*link* *link*

I don't care if you believe me or not. You also can believe they are doing this is you like. I don't work at TWC, i have friends and collesgues who worked there, we were the same company until the spin off. I know people who allocated IT resources (including someone who moved to our group), and they did so for the police, and got a request to look for some specific shows for all the customers, and they rejected it because it was too pricey to do.

You asking for a link is so stupid it's not even funny. I HAD A ****ING CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE. Do your conversations have links?

Again, you don't have to believe me..doesn't bother me. Just don't download.

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing it wrong and it was giganews.
    Then you're lying. GigaNews has been tops for many years. They have nearly perfect retention for up to 1,000 days if I remember correct.

Anyway, I don't see how this is any different than before. They've been checking IP's through P2P and sending out letters for years now. I've gotten a few of them.

This doesn't seem any different than before.