Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Are tattoos out of style?

I think tattoos are so 2000's.

I am glad that I never got one. People got tattoos to be different than everyone else. Now everyone has one and I am proud to say I have never got one and I am different from everyone else.

I am also into building my body and I am glad my body is aesthetically pleasing without misplaced tattoos.

Default Re: Are tattoos out of style?

If you have to ask people if it's ok to get tattoos, then you shouldn't be getting any tattoos. Simple as that.

And no people don't get tattoos to be different than other people. Again, if you don't have any, don't speak for people that do.

Tattoos are for insecure losers.

How many tats u got B-Low? Quite a few I would imagine..

I'm gonna get some sooner or later. Couldn't care less what other people think or if they have them...

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Tattoos are for insecure losers.

How many tats u got B-Low? Quite a few I would imagine..
    8 right now, probably gonna be 10 soon. And it's pretty simple how these always go. People without tattoos say negative things about them (which is why they don't have them) and people with tattoos defend them (which is why we do have them). Repeat every few months, rinse with warm water.

No tatts.

Won't get any.

Don't really care if you have them ...

but don't get mad if you're some Chris Anderson lookin' nigha, get starred at a wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    8 right now, probably gonna be 10 soon. And it's pretty simple how these always go. People without tattoos say negative things about them (which is why they don't have them) and people with tattoos defend them (which is why we do have them). Repeat every few months, rinse with warm water.
    Of course. Doesn't need to be acknowledged, I mean, that's how all the discussions on most sites go. But in this particular instance, I'm right by saying tattoos are for insecure punks because you don't really have an argument against it.

Banned

This isn't a pissing contest. I'm just saying that it's no longer trendy to get tattoos. I have seen people and celebrities remove their tattoos.

It's out of style in my opinion.

It's a no win situation. Some tattoos look great but some look horrible after all these years. Your first tattoo isn't going to look the same when it was fresh.

Like I said, I build my body and I prefer not to have tattoos. It would be graffiti on this otherwise beautiful body.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Of course. Doesn't need to be acknowledged, I mean, that's how all the discussions on most sites go. But in this particular instance, I'm right by saying tattoos are for insecure punks because you don't really have an argument against it.
    No you know what's for insecure losers? Dressing like an idiot hipster with big lenseless nerd glasses in a desperate cry for attention like your idol (unless you've found a new mancrush).

But back on topic, as usual you couldn't be more wrong. My tattoos are covered 90% of the time and have zero to do with attention or what other people think of them. They just represent things that i feel strongly about or i feel describe me/tell a a story about myself. It's kind of like a sign of dedication to an idea/time/aspect of your life, saying that you'll stand by that specific thing as long as you live. In that regard it's actually one of the MOST secure things a person can do...to feel so strongly and firmly about a belief that you're willing to have it marked on your skin forever.

Earned not given

Tattoo's can be symbolic but oftentimes I feel they're used as a way to attract attention, like those guys that walk around playing their acoustic guitar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

But back on topic, as usual you couldn't be more wrong. My tattoos are covered 90% of the time and have zero to do with attention or what other people think of them. They just represent things that i feel strongly about or i feel describe me/tell a a story about myself. It's kind of like a sign of dedication to an idea/time/aspect of your life, saying that you'll stand by that specific thing as long as you live. In that regard it's actually one of the MOST secure things a person can do...to feel so strongly and firmly about a belief that you're willing to have it marked on your skin forever.
    To be honest, it does show insecurities. You don't need a permanent reminder of who you are.

If you are an honest, hardworking, loyal or caring person, these are just examples, I don't know who you are, then you don't need some ink to remind you of who you are.

I know I am a loyal and caring dude. I don't need a tattoo to tell me that. I know that inside my mind and heart.

Like I said, it's more for fashion. I rather a person admit it was for fashion than someone saying it's a reminder or representation of themselves. You don't need ink for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    To be honest, it does show insecurities. You don't need a permanent reminder of who you are.

If you are an honest, hardworking, loyal or caring person, these are just examples, I don't know who you are, then you don't need some ink to remind you of who you are.

I know I am a loyal and caring dude. I don't need a tattoo to tell me that. I know that inside my mind and heart.

Like I said, it's more for fashion. I rather a person admit it was for fashion than it's some reminder of themselves and who they are.
    I never said it was a reminder i said it was a representation. Insecurities are the result of a lack of confidence in something, and a sign of uncertainty. If I was uncertain about something I wouldn't have the confidence to get the tattoo in the first place.

Again, if you don't have any, you can't say why people who have them, have them. I know you like playing devils advocate, so I'm not gonna get worked up over this, but I also know that there are people who legitimately think the things you're saying and I'm just making it known that the stereotypical reasons why non-tattooed people assume people get them, are inaccurate in a lot of cases. Do some people get them for attention or to look cool? Yes of course. But there are also just as many people who have legit/personal reasons for getting them.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

If you think someone would care about whether a tattoo is in or out of style, then I could see why you think the way you do about people who have them.

I plan to get one next month. Couldn't care less if someone considers it 'out of style.'
    Last edited by PHX_Phan; 06-20-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Banned

don't care for them and will never get one but Im ok with people getting them.

I do want to point out that tattoos of a kid's face is just the dumbest thing anyone can get. your kids will look nothing like the tattoo after you leave the shop and these things usually look awful. look at Wilson Chandler, he looks like an idiot, he has a creepy looking small head of a child on his neck.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There are different types of tatted up people from everyone I've known well that has them..

You have the guy who has tattoos as a legit hobby.. Sleeving legs and arms big chest tattoos etc. They aren't trying to look cool, just kind of get caught up in it and look at it as a hobby.

Then you have the guys and girls who get the remembrance tattoos for someone that died or some other reason.

Then you have the meatheads or cool guys slutty girls that only have one or two tats in the most visible places.. Girls all variety of tamp stamps and guys lower arms inner biceps tribals etc.

^^those are the worst and you can usually tell a lot about someone based on what kind of tats they have and where they're located.