Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Why isnt anyone calling for Joe Dumars to be fired?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    You gonna make fun of somebody because they have a life and you don't?
    10,000... please don't talk about someone having a life.

Seriously, the dumbness of the Knicks is spreading to their stans.

I actually think it's kind of crazy he hasn't been fired yet. Are they still selling the team or? I remember reading the team was gonna wait until the team was sold to possibly bring in a new GM.

NBA rookie of the year

Detroit fans are pissed he didnt draft Trey Burke who played for Michigan in college

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    10,000... please don't talk about someone having a life.

Seriously, the dumbness of the Knicks is spreading to their stans.
    Stupid troll posts 30+ a day. Go outside and maybe Houston wouldn't be known as the fattest city in the US. Dumbass and you still need a life

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I actually think it's kind of crazy he hasn't been fired yet. Are they still selling the team or? I remember reading the team was gonna wait until the team was sold to possibly bring in a new GM.
    Tom Gores bought the team in 2011, he kept JoeMars on as GM. But unless this team makes a trade or magically goes on a winning streak to move up the Eastern Conference ranks I think this will be JoeMars' final season as GM of the Pistons.

Good point.

He has consistently been one of the worse GMs.

It can be argued the championship team was somewhat luck as that type of team has never won a championship before (or since).

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    600 posts... Dat Pistons Nation.
    why are all texans such giant cuntwhores? Having spent a decade in texas, I can verify that this is unquestionably true.

People repeatedly have called for Joe to be fired, since the wheels went off 4? years ago. I guess 5 at this point. He was given a pass because of the ownership BS (supposedly he couldnt trade or do anything to impact the team value after Bill died and before they were sold).

Dude is a solid drafter, but he sucks at free agency and at evaluating head coaching prospects. Time for a change.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Good point.

He has consistently been one of the worse GMs.

It can be argued the championship team was somewhat luck as that type of team has never won a championship before (or since).
    luck always plays a role, but you dont go to 6 straight conference finals based just on luck. He made some smart gambles and they paid off.

What's a piston to a laker

The Smith/Jennings signings were just horrible. I was like wtf. He seems to make good use of his draft picks though.

He probably should be fired but i would take him over Grunfeld, with a sub-40% winning percentage over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    The Smith/Jennings signings were just horrible. I was like wtf. He seems to make good use of his draft picks though.
    The last time the had a boatload of cash to throw around, they ended up with Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. Maybe guys just don't want to go to Detroit? So they end up with mid-tier guys? No idea

That's back to back times he has wiffed on free agency. The credit he earned by getting diamonds in the rough has long been used up

NBA Superstar

I think Joe Dumars will be fired if the Pistons don't make the playoffs and maybe put a brief scare into someone.

My thoughts are the Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva signings were recognized as being poor moves. However, with the transaction embargo that came with Detroit's uncertain ownership status, I really do believe Dumars was kind of hamstrung by his own mistakes.

As such, when new ownership was finally established, I think it was decided it'd be fair to allow Dumars an opportunity to right the wrongs that were forced to linger for a while. I actually supported the Ben Gordon trade, because I felt it was going to be a necessary move to allow Detroit an opportunity to succeed. I think if that trade didn't happen, Dumars would have already been gone, as Detroit slowly waited for B.G.'s backloaded $13 million deal to end this summer.

Either way, I think this season was set up for a while as being Dumars' year of reckoning via sink or swim. Unfortunately, I'm kind of with the rest of you on the Smith and Jennings moves. I wasn't a fan of Brandon Knight and thought Detroit would just spin their wheels as long as he was running the ship, but acquiring Jennings was a risk I wasn't keen on taking. I liked the Smith move more when I had the naivety to believe he'd moved on from taking so many shots from the perimeter.

I think there's still a lot of time left in the season. I also feel as though a trade is eminent prior to the deadline, likely involving Villanueva and either Smith or Greg Monroe. Depending upon who ends up returning, the course of Detroit's journey this year could still be altered.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    The last time the had a boatload of cash to throw around, they ended up with Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. Maybe guys just don't want to go to Detroit? So they end up with mid-tier guys? No idea

That's back to back times he has wiffed on free agency. The credit he earned by getting diamonds in the rough has long been used up
    I think that's part of it as well. I thought Detroit may have overpaid for Ben Gordon, but I still thought he'd be a big time player. I certainly didn't expect his scoring average to halve (20.7 his last year in Chicago, 12.5 his last year in Detroit).

Then, I think the fallout from Detroit's poor showings since '09 created a situation where they weren't elite enough to draw a lot a folks into coming into town. But then, Dumars also had to make moves last summer or else, again, I think he'd lost his job. As such, it kind of feels like he took a bold roll of the dice and prayed for the best.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Stupid troll posts 30+ a day. Go outside and maybe Houston wouldn't be known as the fattest city in the US. Dumbass and you still need a life
    1/3 of my posts were just post count inflation. I've actually very rarely post unless I'm on my laptop, which I am on now for the first time in a while.

It's also pretty cold outside, I don't fux with that. I wasn't raised to be an Eskimo like the people in the North East.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

cause no one cares about the pistons and detroit