Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Heat need a decent center bad

I still think Dexter Pittman has some offensive talent. Horrible defender though, does nothing but foul.

Good college starter

Stop overeating they will be fine.

Yeah, the Heat definitely need more help. It's not like they can win a title with this group.

I think the Heat are fine where they are and don't need to make any big moves. They have a relatively clear path to the finals and I expect it to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Eric Bledsoe for Paul George?
    lol

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I don't see why they can't just play Anthony. He's an above average defender, especially for his size.

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    I don't see why they can't just play Anthony. He's an above average defender, especially for his size.
    I agree, I still think he has value to this team.

[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
    Clippers,lakers, pacers, rockets, nuggets, grizzles,spurs and even the Knicks playing well are gonna give them major problems on the defensive end. bosh might be doing a decent job with help defense but it messes up rotations and causes all types of negatives. theyre gonna win 55+ games probably but as a heat fan I'm worried. they better pickup a decent big man for when the game slows down or they're not getting by lakers, and defiantly not the grizzles or clippers . Do they think bosh will really play center if they met grizzles in the finals?? It's very possible and so are a couple other scenarios .I cant see why they're banking on playing this way all the way through the playoffs..I know it worked last years playoffs, but you have teams that have gotten better out there (out west)now that will make you pay for playing small ball.
    Almost all of the teams you listed play in the west, meaning that the Heat can only meet a maximum of 1 of them in the entire playoffs, unless you are implying that these teams will sweep the Heat throughout the season and somehow keep them out of the playoffs. The issue with the Lakers, Grizzlies, and Clippers on their agenda come playoff time is not whether they can beat the Heat, its whether they can beat each other.

The HEat have a much easier path to the finals than the teams you listed as their top competitors, which is an advantage in itself. Indy doesn't have a great shot against the Heat, if any. NYK has a chance but MIA are still heavy favorites.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    true, but as mentioned before, he has zero offensive game. Often he can't even catch a pass. At the moment it seems Spo only plays guys who can make shots. So basically Miami tries to outscore their opponents and once the playoffs start they will try to step their defense up. Nevertheless I think they should play a more traditional style with a true center an PF more often. It wouldn't hurt to get more rebounds and a few easy second chance points every once in a while!

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

If the Heat ended up in the finals against the Griz, the Griz' bigs would give them effing fits. They did a number on our bigs and nearly fouled most of them out. Bosh at the 4 can't check Z-Bo let alone checking Gasol at the 5. It would be murder in the paint.

Jorts

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    If the Heat ended up in the finals against the Griz, the Griz' bigs would give them effing fits. They did a number on our bigs and nearly fouled most of them out. Bosh at the 4 can't check Z-Bo let alone checking Gasol at the 5. It would be murder in the paint.
    Maybe so but if grizzles made it out of the west they would be pretty banged up to say the least.. While Miami would be more rested to respond and attack them on the perimeter.