Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Default Re: The OFFICIAL Insidehoops Dunk Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    well i think i think i did boast a 30-32'' vert... but even @ 6' that doesnt justify a nice dunk

my vert is prob only really 28 inches, idk i never measured it. I can hit the rim with the top of my palm
    You can dunk but just barely. That's still impressive for your size. btw, is there anyone on this forum that can touch the 10 foot rim while standing on the floor? I doubt, but if there is, he better have 100 % video proof.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    You can dunk but just barely. That's still impressive for your size. btw, is there anyone on this forum that can touch the 10 foot rim while standing on the floor? I doubt, but if there is, he better have 100 % video proof.
    Do you mean while not jumping?

Learning to shoot layups

If you mean touch a 10 foot rim of the vertical without a step, then that is ridiculously easy. I can grab rim of the vert, which is by no means impressive.
    I can also dunk, but my sloppy, 1-in-every-10-tries-goes-in-by-luck-dunk is nothing compared to these guys doing 360-under-the-leg-dunks with ease.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Permodius
    If you mean touch a 10 foot rim of the vertical without a step, then that is ridiculously easy. I can grab rim of the vert, which is by no means impressive.
    I can also dunk, but my sloppy, 1-in-every-10-tries-goes-in-by-luck-dunk is nothing compared to these guys doing 360-under-the-leg-dunks with ease.
    Yeah I was assuming he meant by not jumping because my bet would be that a number of us here can touch rim from a standstill vert. I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but that truly is not that unusual or difficult.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-24-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yeah I was assuming he meant by not jumping because my bet would be that a number of us here can touch rim from a standstill vert. I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but that truly is not that unusually or difficult.
    Yes like Kenny George of Sun Ming Ming (which I think would be excellent dunk contest participates eh?)

why do you have to do this to me?????????

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    why do you have to do this to me?????????
    Because I like messing with you.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

halfttime when do you wanna do the shootout?

If I remember to bring my camera along to my rec league, I might film a few after the game if I can be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    halfttime when do you wanna do the shootout?
    i unno man, i start school in like a week or two.. honestly, i probably won't have the video until a month or two.. what you expecting to score?

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    i unno man, i start school in like a week or two.. honestly, i probably won't have the video until a month or two.. what you expecting to score?
    18-25 maybe even 30 depending on how warm I am.

Me and lilojmayo were balling at the park today, I didnt count how my pts but he said that I made 8 of 9 from beyond the arc today. My knee is healing and im gettin the stroke back cuz I can finally use my lower body into my shot again. I'll do my video once lilojmayo buys a new camera because he gave his back to his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    18-25 maybe even 30 depending on how warm I am.

Me and lilojmayo were balling at the park today, I didnt count how my pts but he said that I made 8 of 9 from beyond the arc today. My knee is healing and im gettin the stroke back cuz I can finally use my lower body into my shot again. I'll do my video once lilojmayo buys a new camera because he gave his back to his dad.
    lol, i'm gonna warm up too before i take my shots. i don't play ball as much and can't shoot as good as i could back in high school..

Decent college freshman

Man I tried yesterday and couldn't even throw it down once ... maybe after Ramadhan if this contest is still on ...

count me in.

can we get an updated list of the particpents so far?

there was a guy who had some videos up here of him dunking years back, maybe he still posts here.....hhmmm....could have been datznasty now i recall...