Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #106
GimmeThat
College star

Default Re: Those of you who support Gay marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Man I hope half the people in this thread are trolling and not honestly this stupid and bigoted. Why does it bother people so much what two dudes want to do with their own lives? Who cares? How can you equate it to incest? Incest can result in ****ed up kids and genetic disorders and a lot of the time comes from exploiting situations of power within the family dynamic.

Why do you care if the NFL guy is gay? Why would you even think about him having sex with his partner and why do you idiots keep saying he made out with his boyfriend when he kissed him far less passionately than straight guys kiss their girlfriends when drafted? Are you really stupid enough to think a kid who sees that is going to suddenly want to be homosexual? It doesn't work that way

And when it comes to animals you're raping an animal. Homosexuals aren't raping each other they are consenting adults. You're arguments are childish, ignorant and plain stupid.

because they probably don't believe in love.

since being gay is actually finding someone outside of your family and fall in love with. while there's really no nessecary reason to say why incest happens besides the fact it may have something to do with the psycological aspect of it all.

or unless they are just not allowed to find someone to love outside of their immediate family.

this does not disclude the possibility that people who have explored all possibilities yet still ends up falling in love with family members.
GimmeThat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #107
lakers_forever
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Man I hope half the people in this thread are trolling and not honestly this stupid and bigoted. Why does it bother people so much what two dudes want to do with their own lives? Who cares? How can you equate it to incest? Incest can result in ****ed up kids and genetic disorders and a lot of the time comes from exploiting situations of power within the family dynamic.

(...)

And when it comes to animals you're raping an animal. Homosexuals aren't raping each other they are consenting adults. You're arguments are childish, ignorant and plain stupid.

I also support gay marriage. But the comparisson with siblings make sense. Is it gross and f*cked up a brother and a sister having sex? Yes. But for most straight males, the thought of two men having sex is discussing too (hell, but if gay people don't have a problem with that, who am I to tell them what to do or feel?). Most people say correctly what you said, gay sex happens between consenting adults and that incest can lead to children with genetic disorders and so on. But what if a brother and a sister, both adults, have sex with a condom or what if one or the other can't have kids (because of some condition)? Aren't they consenting adults? Yes, but it would still be immoral, by today standards, no? I think it's not crazy to see people defending that in the future...
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #108
Booz Vivic
Local High School Star

why is in countries like russia and saudi arabia people that are scared of homosexuals?
Booz Vivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #109
ballup
DO THE THING!!!!

So I doubt OP will see this, but the slippery slope argument is not as good as it seems. It's a strong argument device, but has the major flaw when asked, "where does the slippery slope truly start?"

Take marriage as an example,

If we allow gay marriage, then we go on this slippery slope of allowing all kinds of marriage, regardless of how immoral we see it.

But does the slippery slope really start at gay marriage, why didn't it start at marriage? If there was no marriage, then no one would want gay marriage and so on. The way I see it, if you want to run with this argument device, you must believe in the extremes: all kinds of marriage are acceptable or no kind marriage at all.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: