Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Lebron defense on Howard(WOW)

After seeing today's game,even though it was couple of possessions lebron defended howard better than joel.Considering he is stronger than joel it is normal but why dont spo use lebron on howard more.
    BTW i think lebron is the most versatile defender of all time again one of the best defenders of all time too.

Default Re: Lebron defense on Howard(WOW)

Okay well...he's neither of those things.

However, the times he had to guard Howard in the post he did okay fighting over Dwight and trying to move him out of position.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Okay well...he's neither of those things.

However, the times he had to guard Howard in the post he did okay fighting over Dwight and trying to move him out of position.
    Compared to joel,he was much better.Actually considering he weighs around 270lbs almost as much as howard,it would be better to use him against howard.
    Thats your opinion,but i genuinely think he is the most versatile defender of all time and certainly one of the best defenders of all time.Only other player that can deny howard the position with his strength and than shut down elite pg's would be prime Rodman.Maybe him but no other player.

LeBron is taller, more athletic, and has a higher defensive IQ than Joel Anthony. Bruce Bowen also called LBJ the best overall defender in the NBA last week.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacKemba
    Bruce Bowen, defensive master, just said on NBA Tonight that LeBron James is the best "overall defender" in the league right now.

Some of his other selections he just stated:

Best one on one defender: Tony Allen

Best Team Defender: Kevin Garnett

Best Help Defender: Nick Collison

Do you agree or disagree with his opinions?

Will post link as soon as one is available. Was just on live TV then.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

cuz he would get more fouls

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron is taller, more athletic, and has a higher defensive IQ than Joel Anthony. Bruce Bowen also called LBJ the best overall defender in the NBA last week.
    I didn't know Lebron was taller. Joel is definitely longer tho. But as Arifgokcen said, Lebron played him smart and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I didn't know Lebron was taller. Joel is definitely longer tho. But as Arifgokcen said, Lebron played him smart and effective.

Joel Anthony is 6'7". LeBron looks like a legit 6'8" with 6'3 3/4" Dwayne Wade.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...902&asid=94532

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Compared to joel,he was much better.Actually considering he weighs around 270lbs almost as much as howard,it would be better to use him against howard.

Thats your opinion,but i genuinely think he is the most versatile defender of all time and certainly one of the best defenders of all time.Only other player that can deny howard the position with his strength and than shut down elite pg's would be prime Rodman.Maybe him but no other player.
    + Gus Johnson. He would guard everyone from Big O to Debusschere to Jerry West to even Chamberlain, jumping at center for the tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDEVzU6Qpu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFrhKI63e80#t=1m46s

Aug 5 2010

He'd go night after night against the toughest big guys, power forwards and centers in the league, and then he'd switch off and guard Oscar and Jerry West when he ran into their teams.

"He really was a one-of-a-kind physical specimen," Monroe said. "The only one I could compare him to with the size, strength, speed and the hops is LeBron James."

Last edited by PHILA; 02-20-2012 at 12:52 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Which is why Lebron is considered the best player in the league. They are players that are better than Lebron at certain aspects. But Lebron pretty much does everything on the court very well. His only really weak aspect is his footwork and post game.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Dwight is a puzzy. Lebron is a defensive beast. A big defensive game against Dwight is great but not enough to call him the best defensive player ever.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I didn't see Lebron guarding Howard (i only watched a little bit of the end of the game here and there), but that's no surprise that he could defend Howard straight up.

Two years ago, Cleveland had Illguaskas and their other center (was it Shaq that year?) injured . Lebron had to play Center for 25 minutes a game twice. One of those times was on Tyson Chandler and he held his own.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Joel is 6'9 if i am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    Which is why Lebron is considered the best player in the league. They are players that are better than Lebron at certain aspects. But Lebron pretty much does everything on the court very well. His only really weak aspect is his footwork and post game.
    and 4th quarters.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    After seeing today's game,even though it was couple of possessions lebron defended howard better than joel.Considering he is stronger than joel it is normal but why dont spo use lebron on howard more.
    BTW i think lebron is the most versatile defender of all time again one of the best defenders of all time too.
    he's great on D no question........ it's a pretty bold statement to say he's best of all time tho

Rodman, Bill Russell, Jerry West & Walt Frazier, Michael Cooper, Chamberlain, Glove come to mind without even thinking bout it. LeBron defense is better than those guys?

He might be up there top 15 tho. The guy can rock

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If you can guard both Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard you are a monster.

Though I suspect Rodman towards the end of his pistons run could do both as well.

And Shawn Marion guarded both Tmac and Yao Ming in the same game at times.