Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: VMA's thread.

Banned

Default Re: VMA's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    When you think about it, Miley is actually the winner out of all this. She's getting huge media attention. Might not be positive, but I'm sure that's the least of her worries. I don't understand why we continue to make these people popular. Guess it's some weird satisfaction watching people spiral out of control.

Well I did my part by not watching, I had no idea it was even on until I saw the thread on this board.

I cant name one song by nicki minaj nor do i even know what she looks like. ive never watched american idol or x factor or nanny 911 or survivor or amazing race any of that. i've never seen a music video for "justin bieber ft. ludacris and lil wayne remix by skrillex and/or dj khaled".

None of that garbage. Literally I have no idea what's going on in pop culture right now and I thank god for that. Maybe I sound like a douche but fug it. I 'ont care. I 'ont even care. Fug it.

Banned

I don't think she's very talented but it was an excellent performance and she played the role of a 20 year old who's trying to be sexy. Look at the lyrics to Blurred Lines and the uncensored version with the naked chicks. She was the dirty and sexy version of the naked chicks in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Well I did my part by not watching, I had no idea it was even on until I saw the thread on this board.

I cant name one song by nicki minaj nor do i even know what she looks like. ive never watched american idol or x factor or nanny 911 or survivor or amazing race any of that. i've never seen a music video for "justin bieber ft. ludacris and lil wayne remix by skrillex and/or dj khaled".

None of that garbage. Literally I have no idea what's going on in pop culture right now and I thank god for that. Maybe I sound like a douche but fug it. I 'ont care. I 'ont even care. Fug it.
    It is funny though, that in this thread about an event that you "don't care about", you have almost twice as many posts as ANY other person discussing the event.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    again i must ask the question, what is so sexy about miley cyrus?
    You'd hit so what does it matter.

so you're telling us you are ignorant to pop culture but also judging it at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    It is funny though, that in this thread about an event that you "don't care about", you have almost twice as many posts as ANY other person discussing the event.
    you're right!
    Last edited by Jameerthefear; 08-27-2013 at 12:00 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low

I said very little about the performance itself since I didn't see it. I brought up other related issues that I felt tied into the bigger picture of the VMAs.

And my original point was that people (not you) on this board are constantly complaining about the "wealth gap" and how the uber rich are greedy monopolizers conspiring to wipe out the middle class. MTV executives, Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke are all rich. Straight up millionaires. And the people who are COMPLAINING ABOUT MILLIONAIRES are the same exact poser intellectual progressives who watch this stuff and GIVE THESE PEOPLE THEIR MILLIONS.

It's like, if you got a problem with the wealth gap, why are you watching the VMA's??? Study something. Practice something. Work on something. Nobody is MAKING you waste your time! And if you don't want to do any of those things, you'd rather just watch the VMAs? Totally your choice. But the VMA's arent even good entertainment if you're actually looking to enjoy some leisure time. So at least SHUT THE [COLOR="Black"]FU[/COLOR]CK UP if you're not gonna actually do anything. Ok Sarcastic? Ok Niko? Bagelred? Nathan Jizzface? Kevinnyc? HenryCallahn?

It's like betting your entire stack on a TERRIBLE hand in poker, losing, then complaining you got a bad hand! Yeah, but nobody made you play it like a damn fool! Maybe you don't get dealt a good hand. Not everybody does. Doesn't mean you should play it like an absolute moron and then blame the dealer when you get knocked out.
    Last edited by OldSkoolball#52; 08-27-2013 at 12:17 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

lol, oldschooler brag after brag after novel after brag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    lol, oldschooler brag after brag after novel after brag.

I know, I could tell how corny it sounded even when I was typing it but I was trying to get a point across and the only examples I had readily available involved me.

I dont think Im that smart or any more special than anyone else, but I do pride myself in getting the most out of whats really fulfilling and enjoying out there especially as far as media and communication are concerned. There are so many things out there one can enjoy that ALSO develop him as a person. I truly wish more people would take up those kinds of interests. Because that, more than any guy on wall street or in beverly hills is what holds most of the public back. You drive across America (and I have) and you see people spending whatever money they get on cigarettes, lottery tickets, tattoos, junk food, jewelry etc, and compound that by never doing anything intellectually to advance themselves. No reading, no sciece or history documentaries, no practicing new skills, learning computers, traveling, volunteering, nothing. The lower class is CONTENT to drink beer and tattoo their necks, fight over bf/gf drama and generally live like rats inside a cage. What are you supposed to do? You think stealing money from executives, innovators, engineers, and the people in society who are already proppin the tent up will do anything? What will it do? If I go shoot a million dollars in cash out a cannon at a herd of cattle on a ranch, are they gonna use it? They couldnt even if you wanted them to. How could they? Its just not their mentality. Well what if you sit there and explain it to them? Then will they understand?

I wanna see everyone do well and be successful of course. But it has to start with a certain mindset, and a lot of people just simply have no ambition. Everyone always blames the wealthy for being ambitious. Thats not the problem in this country. Ben Franklin and Rockefeller and Carnegie and others made lots of money, and it didnt harm the economy. Just the opposite in fact. The people making money today, as long as its not trough scam and fraud and so forth like bernie madoff, are not the problem. The problem is the apathy at the bottom. Neck tattoo guy never sailed here on a ship infested with diseased rats to escape a famine in Ireland or Poland. He doesnt have to build his own shelter, and the government gives him enough in food stamps to keep the fridge filled with popcorn shrimp and reecees peanut butter cups. He simply does not give a Fukc. Whats education to him? Whats a promotion to him? Hes got all he needs, and apparently all he wants. When he doesnt budget, knocks up a chick, then also needs to get a truck repair and money is suddenly tight, college liberal guy comes swooping in to play Superman. "Arghhh, Mitt Romney! You dont know what its like! You have tons of money you jerk!!!!!" What makes Mitt Romney any more of a jerk than Neck Tat? Neck tat collects welfare and probably beats his wife. Youre mad at Mitt Romney for putting on a crisply ironed shirt and goin to work everyday? You just cant stomache the reality of people reaping what they sow in life. At least in America. We are so fortunate, we have the technology to learn any number of things instead of living in a little house on the prairie with no air conditioning or running water and a cornfield that we'll probably break our backs tilling all our lives. **** these loser complainer wannabe-intellectual emasculated liberal losers. They wanna baby every one and every thing. Just to create a group of people who will love them and thank them and validate them. Theyre needy mothers. Got no sense of self worth and capability so they appoint themselves Armchair Babysitter of the low income and middle class. Hope it creates some sort of sense of importance for themselves. Cause without they simply have nothing to do with their time. Take up a hobby bitch. How bout you pick up a saxophone. Music needs more saxophone these days. Challenge yourself to learn sax, or harmonica. Challenge yourself to learn particle physics. We dont need more armchair babysitters trying to fill the void in their confused and bored lives with doofy idealistic political rhetoric. Its all you have to make yourself feel cool. Without it you have no interest, no outstanding qaualities. Like I said, pick up a saxophone. We'll all be better off.
    Last edited by OldSkoolball#52; 08-27-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Earned not given

I know, I could tell how corny it sounded even when I was typing it but I was trying to get a point across and the only examples I had readily available involved me.

I dont think Im that smart or any more special than anyone else, but I do pride myself in getting the most out of whats really fulfilling and enjoying out there especially as far as media and communication are concerned. There are so many things out there one can enjoy that ALSO develop him as a person. I truly wish more people would take up those kinds of interests. Because that, more than any guy on wall street or in beverly hills is what holds most of the public back. You drive across America (and I have) and you see people spending whatever money they get on cigarettes, lottery tickets, tattoos, junk food, jewelry etc, and compound that by never doing anything intellectually to advance themselves. No reading, no sciece or history documentaries, no practicing new skills, learning computers, traveling, volunteering, nothing. The lower class is CONTENT to drink beer and tattoo their necks, fight over bf/gf drama and generally live like rats inside a cage. What are you supposed to do? You think stealing money from executives, innovators, engineers, and the people in society who are already proppin the tent up will do anything? What will it do? If I go shoot a million dollars in cash out a cannon at a herd of cattle on a ranch, are they gonna use it? They couldnt even if you wanted them to. How could they? Its just not their mentality. Well what if you sit there and explain it to them? Then will they understand?

I wanna see everyone do well and be successful of course. But it has to start with a certain mindset, and a lot of people just simply have no ambition. Everyone always blames the wealthy for being ambitious. Thats not the problem in this country. Ben Franklin and Rockefeller and Carnegie and others made lots of money, and it didnt harm the economy. Just the opposite in fact. The people making money today, as long as its not trough scam and fraud and so forth like bernie madoff, are not the problem. The problem is the apathy at the bottom. Neck tattoo guy never sailed here on a ship infested with diseased rats to escape a famine in Ireland or Poland. He doesnt have to build his own shelter, and the government gives him enough in food stamps to keep the fridge filled with popcorn shrimp and reecees peanut butter cups. He simply does not give a Fukc. Whats education to him? Whats a promotion to him? Hes got all he needs, and apparently all he wants. When he doesnt budget, knocks up a chick, then also needs to get a truck repair and money is suddenly tight, college liberal guy comes swooping in to play Superman. "Arghhh, Mitt Romney! You dont know what its like! You have tons of money you jerk!!!!!" What makes Mitt Romney any more of a jerk than Neck Tat? Neck tat collects welfare and probably beats his wife. Youre mad at Mitt Romney for putting on a crisply ironed shirt and goin to work everyday? You just cant stomache the reality of people reaping what they sow in life. At least in America. We are so fortunate, we have the technology to learn any number of things instead of living in a little house on the prairie with no air conditioning or running water and a cornfield that we'll probably break our backs tilling all out lives. **** these loser complainer wannabe-intellectual emasculated liberal losers. They wanna baby every one and every thing. Just to create a group of people who will love them and thank them and validate them. Theyre needy mothers. Got no sense of self worth and capability so they appoint themselves Armchair Babysitter of the low income and middle class. Hope it creates some sort of sense of importance for themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6

[COLOR="Black"]Ni[/COLOR]ggih you lyyyyin

I wanna see everyone do well and be successful of course. But it has to start with a certain mindset, and a lot of people just simply have no ambition. Everyone always blames the wealthy for being ambitious. Thats not the problem in this country. Ben Franklin and Rockefeller and Carnegie and others made lots of money, and it didnt harm the economy. Just the opposite in fact. The people making money today, as long as its not trough scam and fraud and so forth like bernie madoff, are not the problem. The problem is the apathy at the bottom. Neck tattoo guy never sailed here on a ship infested with diseased rats to escape a famine in Ireland or Poland. He doesnt have to build his own shelter, and the government gives him enough in food stamps to keep the fridge filled with popcorn shrimp and reecees peanut butter cups. He simply does not give a Fukc. Whats education to him? Whats a promotion to him? Hes got all he needs, and apparently all he wants. When he doesnt budget, knocks up a chick, then also needs to get a truck repair and money is suddenly tight, college liberal guy comes swooping in to play Superman. "Arghhh, Mitt Romney! You dont know what its like! You have tons of money you jerk!!!!!" What makes Mitt Romney any more of a jerk than Neck Tat? Neck tat collects welfare and probably beats his wife. Youre mad at Mitt Romney for putting on a crisply ironed shirt and goin to work everyday? You just cant stomache the reality of people reaping what they sow in life. At least in America. We are so fortunate, we have the technology to learn any number of things instead of living in a little house on the prairie with no air conditioning or running water and a cornfield that we'll probably break our backs tilling all out lives. **** these loser complainer wannabe-intellectual emasculated liberal losers. They wanna baby every one and every thing. Just to create a group of people who will love them and thank them and validate them. Theyre needy mothers. Got no sense of self worth and capability so they appoint themselves Armchair Babysitter of the low income and middle class. Hope it creates some sort of sense of importance for themselves.
    Everything you say is just common sense. You're not saying anything insightful. People have survival instincts and get complacent, WE KNOW.

How is watching the VMA's any different than watching a stupid ass NBA game? Does watching morons run up and down the court for 3 hours benefit society? You're getting mad about idiots who don't know what they're talking about? They're lazy brainwashed idiots. We all know the people who complain about rich people/ they're the lazy brainwashed excuse making morons who are genetically inferior to myself. Get over it, and watch Miley make a fool of herself for your entertainment you ****ing complainer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Everything you say is just common sense. You're not saying anything insightful.
    Hey dont tell me. Tell KevinNYC. Tell Sarcastic. And Niko.

Tell the MILLIONS of young people who want to raise taxes, expand entitlements, stifle freedom, make excuses.

Its common sense to me. And to a gimmick like you. But not to at least half the country.

As far as watchin bball, watching talented professionals compete at the highest level of athletics is both stimulating and relaxing. If history is any indicator it always has been. Of course you still cant spend too much time doing it (And I probably have spent too much time doing it which I regret).

Watching the VMAs is watching and supporting the disintegration of real art and entertainment. Its nothing but celebrity-obsessed smut at this point. And my point, which you missed, is the audience is mostly young people. Who, when polled, will demand the government absolve their student loan debt. And create more phony jobs for them. Raise the minimum wage. Expand healthcare. Do all this stuff for them. While they do what? Watch a gurl who cant sing gyrate her dignity away on stage with a cheap pyrotechnic backdrop. Oh, brave new world..

Hey dont tell me. Tell KevinNYC. Tell Sarcastic. And Niko.

Tell the MILLIONS of young people who want to raise taxes, expand entitlements, stifle freedom, make excuses.

Its common sense to me. And to a gimmick like you. But not to at least half the country.

As far as watchin bball, watching talented professionals compete at the highest level of athletics is both stimulating and relaxing. If history is any indicator it always has been. Of course you still cant spend too much time doing it (And I probably have spent too much time doing it which I regret).

Watching the VMAs is watching and supporting the disintegration of real art and entertainment. Its nothing but celebrity-obsessed smut at this point. And my point, which you missed, is the audience is mostly young people. Who, when polled, will demand the government absolve their student loan debt. And create more phony jobs for them. Raise the minimum wage. Expand healthcare. Do all this stuff for them. While they do what? Watch a gurl who cant sing gyrate her dignity away on stage with a cheap pyrotechnic backdrop. Oh, brave new world..
    So a subjective feeling of well being and satisfaction makes it ok to watch the NBA, but not ok for the youngsters watching the VMA's for the same reason? The NBA itself is celebrity-obsessed smut. And my point, which you missed, is the audience is mostly young people, Who, when polled, will demand the government absolve their student loan debt. And create more phony jobs for them. Raise the minimum wage. Expand healthcare. Do all this stuff for them. While they do what? Watch LeBron James and Kobe Bryant playing a childs sport?

Entertainment is entertainment, the same people watching the VMA's and talking about Drake, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga are the same people watching the NBA and talking about LeBron, Kobe, and Kendrick Perkins.