Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Nets 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    as an actual nets fan, i hope that everything you just said is wrong and completely baseless.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I agree!
    I hope so too, lets hope Barnes goes to Lakes for $23m/yr, thats where he truly belongs.

Gotta look for a new avatar now. I should probably just wait though

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Gotta look for a new avatar now. I should probably just wait though
    Well I think a 20th pick is kinda, meh. But if the Nets were just trying to dump Thad Young's overpaid contract, its not that bad.

   

they better hit a grand slam with that 20th pick, because that's a horrible trade IMO.

thad is one of the better PF's in the game, doesn't need plays called for him, and does a bit of everything. plus, he's heading in to his prime on a contract which is actually a decent deal given the huge bump in salary cap.

brook's gotta be pretty discouraged after this. maybe they trade him too, and go in to full 'prospects / tank' mode.

They drafted a project player. Kinda like CMC. He won't even play in the summer league. Caris LeVert.

Isaiah Whitehead from Seton Hall is a nice pick. I think he is pretty good and could be a very nice back up PG.

Looks like we have a boat load of money to sign whoever now. Rumors say we are interested in Rondo. I would be interested in Rondo as long as we don't break the bank signing him. I know people call him a locker room cancer and head case but our plan the next few years is to basically not suck. As long as we don't give Boston a top 3 pick, I'd consider it a success. I think Brook would love to play with a pass first PG like Rondo.

BTW I just realized my mod powers got taken away. I guess I haven't been active enough but there isn't much moderating to do around here anyway lol. NF93 it's all up to you now!

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    ...I just realized my mod powers got taken away. I guess I haven't been active enough but there isn't much moderating to do around here anyway lol. NF93 it's all up to you now!
    but you're one of the very few of us still posting here!

dude, you don't want NF93 to get drunk with moderating power now, do you...?!

but you're one of the very few of us still posting here!

dude, you don't want NF93 to get drunk with moderating power now, do you...?!
    If theres anyone I trust its him. He's been with us since the Kidd/VC/RJ days and he is more active than I am. I'm sure he'll continue to a great job without me.

   

"those who seek power the least make the best rulers"
    --some ancient chinese mofo

i agree about NF93 tho.

i guess i won't have to holler someone's ear off for cutting your job if you don't really want it. still, how are you going to manage without that income...?

i guess i won't have to holler someone's ear off for cutting your job if you don't really want it. still, how are you going to manage without that income...?
    Guess I'll have to file for unemployment..

In other news!

3/$36 million is steal for him. I'm glad we can sell Brook-Lin t-shirts now.

Id say 3yrs/$27m or 3yrs/$30m would be a steal. 3yrs/$36m is about the average salary he will get, its decent but nothing exceptional.

   

considering how important the PG position is, i'm happy with this signing. jack may have been a great sidelines and locker room leader, but he wasn't much for running an offense.

i'm still gutted they threw away young, tho. lin / young / brook would have meshed very nicely IMO.

it's like the ghost of billy king stuck around to cause one more horrible trade. grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Id say 3yrs/$27m or 3yrs/$30m would be a steal. 3yrs/$36m is about the average salary he will get, its decent but nothing exceptional.
    Considering what everyone else is getting so far(looking at that Mozgov deal), I'd say its a great deal.

considering how important the PG position is, i'm happy with this signing. jack may have been a great sidelines and locker room leader, but he wasn't much for running an offense.

i'm still gutted they threw away young, tho. lin / young / brook would have meshed very nicely IMO.

it's like the ghost of billy king stuck around to cause one more horrible trade. grrrrr
    While I was sad we gave Young away too, this off-season just started. There's still a chance we sign a better replacement for Thad since we still have a good amount of money left.

What do you guys think of getting Ryan Anderson back? We should have never thrown him into the VC trade all those years ago..

Oh damn I'm the lone wolf now. I'm not even as active but I make sure to check in if anything crazy happens. J-Lin back in New York. Honestly compared to what others have gotten... I really like his deal. In other news Joe Johnson signed with the Utah Jazz for 11 mill per... Gotta love it