Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Proposal: Graham for Brewer

I think Joey Graham will be even more lost this season with our run and gun style because Joey is not exactly a quick player and cannot slash towards the basket as well. He'd fit nicely in Utah where Sloan runs a more disciplined system, sort of like Oklahoma State where he excelled. On the other hand, Brewer is the type of atheletic wingman we need. He can also play the 1,2, and 3 position. Imagine the speed with Ford, Jones and Ronnie Brewer coming down the court. For the same reasons Graham will fit well in Utah, Brewer probably won't do as well there so bring him over!
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

yea thats not a bad deal.. joeys got size tho.. hope he can be the nxt shawn marion? XD
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I think that the last thing we need right now is more young guns. As much as I like Brewer's game, I think that it's time for Joey to live up his hype from pre-draft. He was projected to come in the NBA and give immediate help right away, we haven't seen that from Joey yet, but we've seen flashes of what he's capable of. I think that a rookie season under his belt will get him confident and definately more experienced. Coming in this year, he's going to be fighting for 2nd string SF with Tucker. And we all know how Tucker is, doesn't give up, finds confidence.

Lets see how this season goes for Joey before we start proposing him in trades. I really think this is Joey's year to be big.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

I would love that trade because i think Brewer would fit nicely in this system. Especially with his PG abilities.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Next Shawn Marion, I hope to win the 649.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

screw that deal, the raptors dont need to make anymore trades and utah wouldn't trade their top pick just for JoeyG.

if anything , the raptors need to sign another big, saying pop's roster space should be open soon. We should go after Melvin Ely. He's restricted but we could pry him away from the bobcats and than we have another center who can play minutes behind rasho and allow Bargs to play Forward.
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
Nhui
I brick open layups

Nhui has an OK reputation so far

Its funny how in Draftexpress Joey Graham's best scenario is that he becomes a poor man's Shawn Marion (worst case is Jumaine Jones).. I wish Graham can become a Marion but he needs to show more hunger and agressiveness... and add the 3 point ball into his aresenal... I think Joey has the body and strength to do what Marion does but he has yet to show the court sense and quickness... I like the idea of bringing in Melvin Ely too to take up Sow's spot (why hasn't he been waived yet..) but I doubt we have enough money left over ($2 million i think).
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhui
I like the idea of bringing in Melvin Ely too to take up Sow's spot (why hasn't he been waived yet..) but I doubt we have enough money left over ($2 million i think).

The offseason has had a couple free agents that will use this season and sign one year contracts to get more interest for longterm deals. Melvin Ely shouldnt be too expensive all he earned this year was 2.4, if we could somehow use Slokar in a sign in trade involving 1 or 2 years for ELY i would do it in a heartbeat. i like Slokar but hes to undersized to play center and maybe a little undersized bulk wise to play in the NBA.

As for Pop not being waived officially im sure he will not play for the raptors this year, or maybe never again, which is the shame, that guy had RIDICULUS potentional (see nbdl stats last year).
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #9
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default he'll be better this year

The Raps should keep Graham. He's not gonna be a superstar, but he's got game. Honestly they're a litte crowed at the swing spot with Graham, Peterson, Jones, Parker, and Tucker expected to get minutes. Look for him to have his best season if Toronto goes to a small ball lineup more often with Bosh, Graham, Peterson, Jones/Parker/Tucker/, and TJ Ford. He's best running in the open court like most of the team they've assembled..
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors should do nothing but let the season start!!!

And see what this team can do!!!
the team has been overhauld....
BC needs to see what exactly he has got with this team...
and he will make or not make a move based on that at the trade deadline!!!

HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
And see what this team can do!!!
the team has been overhauld....
BC needs to see what exactly he has got with this team...
and he will make or not make a move based on that at the trade deadline!!!

yea i think the raps are done this post season.. BC has made a helluvalot of moves, hopefully its all for the best
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: