Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Do you think the Nets can make the playoffs? If so, how?

a lot of nets fans seem to think that we can make the playoffs this year. personally i don't see it but i wouldn't mind being proven wrong. here are some challenges i see:

- for all harris' gifts and hot games, he still hasn't put together one good season or decisively shown that he's 'arrived' as a reliable NBA PG.

- boone works his ass off, but last year may be as good as it gets... which is still average at best as an NBA center.

- simmons is indeed looking like a dud and ties up a lot of contract money.

- carter is brilliant as usual but he does get injured at times- problem is, the team looks sunk without him.

- yi is a sweet shooter but will he take the next step to become a reliable shooter? will his defense become even average for the NBA?

- what to do about williams and swift, who will probably always tantalise but never become players who can be counted on?

- other than lopez, who looked great in the preseason, and the rookies, who we have great hopes for, the rest of the team is basically journeymen role players. most experts, probably for these reasons, call the nets "not a playoff team".

explain how you think the nets overcome challenges like these to make the playoffs.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Do you think the Nets can make the playoffs? If so, how?

Indeed, we would have to be really optimistic to legitimately consider the Nets a playoff team. Combine our own weaknesses with the fact that the east has gotten much stronger, and there's not much hope in sight.

But I think that if we win the games we should win, we have a chance. Here and there, we might pull of an upset such as the Detroit game. But we have to continue the momentum and not lose the games we should win like last night's game. If we keep giving away games and wasted efforts like last night, might as well forget about the playoffs. Rest Harris for a month if need be.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
- for all harris' gifts and hot games, he still hasn't put together one good season or decisively shown that he's 'arrived' as a reliable NBA PG.
Im semi convinced that Harris will be a reliable PG for us. I know his 38 points was against AI who is a below average defender but its still 38 points.

Quote:
- boone works his ass off, but last year may be as good as it gets... which is still average at best as an NBA center.
The most I can see Boone averaging is 10 and 10(which is pretty much his stas last season) so I agree.

Quote:
- simmons is indeed looking like a dud and ties up a lot of contract money.
Agree

Quote:
- carter is brilliant as usual but he does get injured at times- problem is, the team looks sunk without him.
VC has already shown this season that he will not back down from this team. He has already had a few nagging injuries but he still hasnt missed any time. If VC had these injuries in past years, he would have some time off already. He knows this is his team and hes ready to lead us.

Quote:
- yi is a sweet shooter but will he take the next step to become a reliable shooter? will his defense become even average for the NBA?
Im more worried about Yi's post moves then his jumper. We all know he can hit the 3 but once he develops a decent post game, he will be a prolific scorer. Also his defense is a problem but that has to do with his size. We've seen him try to guard Shaq/Amare and that wasnt pretty.

Quote:
- what to do about williams and swift, who will probably always tantalise but never become players who can be counted on?
Id say keep them in case one of our bigs go down. We've had the injury bug this season as one by one our guys are going down. Also I heard Kaman was on the block for the Clips. Should we take a chance?

Quote:
- other than lopez, who looked great in the preseason, and the rookies, who we have great hopes for, the rest of the team is basically journeymen role players. most experts, probably for these reasons, call the nets "not a playoff team".
Agree. I think our bench has improved but not by much.

With the way we have been playing lately no. Like RecSpecs said, we have to win the games that we are supposed to win.
I also think its Lawrence Frank's time is up.

Last edited by MTing : 11-11-2008 at 06:14 PM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As of right now we are towards the bottom of the East. And we have played Indiana and Miami. 2 teams we should have beat! Our record woulda been 4-2 if we knew how to win easy games.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wayyy to Early for me to explain..

I also think as injuries occur.. and people get more time.. we will see things out of them...Int the 1st 5 games of last year and the year before that... I'm sure we all had no clue Mikki would be the Best percentage player from the field and that boone the year after that would be a double double threat... as the season go's by that when I can answer your question.... To early for me ATM to actually full out explain....
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: