Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Knicks in search of a cheap backup PG

Quote:
According to two NBA executives, the Knicks are in the market to trade for a low-cost backup point guard in order to reduce the heavy minutes being played by starter Raymond Felton.

New York is making Bill Walker available and is pursuing players whose contracts expire after this season to preserve cap space for next summer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/sp...ref=basketball

Bill Walker for Ish Smith straight up! Come on Houston we tossed you some free picks.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knicks in search of a cheap backup PG

Rafer Alston? Im sure he can run the pick and roll, and push the tempo.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jasikevicius is free at the moment

I'm not joking... Of course he's 34 and he's never been fast...
but his bball IQ is off the charts and he surely can run an offense

EDIT I was wrong. He's not free anymore, he's been signed by Lietuvos Rytas... too bad...

Last edited by Jasi : 12-06-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/sp...ref=basketball

Bill Walker for Ish Smith straight up! Come on Houston we tossed you some free picks.
Would be a horrible trade. Walker is a legit NBA player. Smith is a fringe guy who will likely be in and out of the league.

Would just be more efficient to sign Antonio Daniels to a non-guaranteed deal and have him work with Toney Douglas on decision making and point guard skills.

edit: Another option would be Jason Williams down in Orlando. The Magic might be willing to offload his deal. Both guys expire end of this season but Walker is a few hundred thousand cheaper with a team option in case it works out.

It leaves them looking for a backup next season but thats what the draft is for. Depending on who they like they will likely have a shot at drafting on of the following guys: Jimmer Fredette, Maalik Wayns, Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith, Josh Selby.

Last edited by Da KO King : 12-06-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

knickscity took the words right out of my mouth!!!

BTW if we draft Kemba....I'd START him over Felton!!! Dont make him a career backup until he's shown that's all he can do!Kemba is a problem and right now he's the hands down player of the year so far.Besides,he's a junior and it really makes no sense for a player to come out after their junior year. You've been there three years,why not just do one more.

As for Ish Smith,I wouldnt trade Bill Walker for him but I would trade Toney Douglas for him!Not that he's better but he is a better pg,he can pass his ass off and he's lightning quick.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Would just be more efficient to sign Antonio Daniels to a non-guaranteed deal and have him work with Toney Douglas on decision making and point guard skills.

I think that would be a good move.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

No roster spot. They'd have to wait until Curry can be waived. Ish Smith is a legit PG. People are sleeping on him. He'd run this system just fine.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
No roster spot. They'd have to wait until Curry can be waived. Ish Smith is a legit PG. People are sleeping on him. He'd run this system just fine.
I've seen enough of him over the last few years to simply agree to disagree.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
I've seen enough of him over the last few years to simply agree to disagree.
He's a rookie?
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #10
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

or call up Scottie Reynolds from the D-League

Last edited by WhySoInsecure? : 12-06-2010 at 11:25 PM.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

He has been playing well in the D League from what I hear.

Don't know if he is NBA ready though.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 AM   #12
Da KO King

Quote:
He's a rookie?
He played four years at Wake Forest. I was not a fan. Excellent NCAA career but I'd pass on him as a pro.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #13
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?

Is he related to Mardy Collins?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #14
New York Knicks
Banned

Quote:
He played four years at Wake Forest. I was not a fan. Excellent NCAA career but I'd pass on him as a pro.
I've watched him with the Rockets. He can push the ball and more importantly he can run the pick and roll. He's a legitimate NBA PG.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #15
Da KO King

Quote:
I've watched him with the Rockets. He can push the ball and more importantly he can run the pick and roll. He's a legitimate NBA PG.
If he is no longer a poor decision maker, who is consistently out of control, and does not finish around the rim then I'd give him a try. If he's just thriving off lack of scouting reports this early in the season and reverts to the fringe player I seen for four years at Wake then I'll continue to pass.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: