Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: real talk. Wade won't make another all 1st team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
- Dwyane Wade
Yeah that's easy to say playing with Lebron and Bosh
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #47
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
So accolades like these and MVP's are important when comparing to Wade, yet when fans of Kobe compare him to Lebron they go out the window and simply become popularity contests.

Interesting.

There has never been more double standard increments of measurement for greatness put in place, than for Kobe Bryant by his fans.

To be fair, people do that shit for Jordan too. People always add qualifiers when discussing other players, but never for Jordan. As if Jordan played in the exact perfect era and under the exact perfect situation. Anyone who didn't have the identical circumstances to Jordan automatically loses points.

Nobody ever agues that other players played in tougher defensive eras than Jordan or eras of higher parity but people always hold those same things against other players. Jordan is for some reason immune to those arguments.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #48
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Wade 2006 Finals

Lets ignore the fact that the dude shot about 15 free throws a game (More than prime Shaq ever had in any given series , at a time when people are deliberately fouling the dude on top of blatantly fouling his just to keep him out the post).

No lets look at who they're playing.

Dallas. Dallas was an offensively explosive team, they didn't shut down anyone.

Same Dallas Kobe outscored over 3 quarters that year? Same Dallas that was mediocre defensively and had no rim protection? Being guarded by JET and Stackhouse half the time?

OK - That's better than what Kobe did against Sacramento or the Spurs in 01 or 02. Better than what he did in 09.

I believe you.

Who cares how many free throws Wade shot? The end result was the end result, and that was a dominating NBA Finals peformance. 34-6-4 on 48% shooting. Better then anything Kobe has done in an NBA Finals. Fact.

And for the record, I'll take Dwyane Wade's 2006 Eastern Conference Finals against Detroit over anything he's done as well.

27-6-5 ppg on 62% shooting.

Just saying.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #49
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
To be fair, people do that shit for Jordan too. People always add qualifiers when discussing other players, but never for Jordan. As if Jordan played in the exact perfect era and under the exact perfect situation. Anyone who didn't have the identical circumstances to Jordan automatically loses points.

Nobody ever agues that other players played in tougher defensive eras than Jordan or eras of higher parity but people always hold those same things against other players. Jordan is for some reason immune to those arguments.

wade in 90s,he is not even better than Mitch Richmond
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #50
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Who cares how many free throws Wade shot? The end result was the end result, and that was a dominating NBA Finals peformance. 34-6-4 on 48% shooting. Better then anything Kobe has done in an NBA Finals. Fact.

And for the record, I'll take Dwyane Wade's 2006 Eastern Conference Finals against Detroit over anything he's done as well.

Just saying.

and u forgot he got help from refs too
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #51
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why are kobe fanboys so obsessed with dwade?
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #52
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
You want Kobe stans to stop trashing Wade, just start talking about LeBron James. All of the sudden, the Kobe stans only talk about how great Wade is and the Heat are stacked. Stop talking about LeBron, and Wade is back to being a bum.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #53
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR

Just saying.

For the record I acknowledged that his conference Finals performance was great, though the shooting percentages don't do much for me.

I care about the free throws because I enjoy seeing players win games, not refs.

And it ain't. Kobe had 32,6 and 7.5 against the Magic in 09, a team with better individual and team defense and at the time , the best defensive player in the league. That's better than this.

And all those WC finals that were basically finals because whoever got out the series was going to win a chip suddenly don't count?
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #54
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1

I ask myself this all the time.

I suppose because now that it's obvious he isn't even on the same planet as LeBron, they gotta move on to the next guy?

Alright. Kobe has a better resume than Wade, and will be regarded higher historically than Wade. Okay, and???

Congrats to Bryant fanatics, Kobe is better than the Heat's second best player.

Last edited by PJR : 03-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #55
PJR
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
For the record I acknowledged that his conference Finals performance was great, though the shooting percentages don't do much for me.

I caught you before your edit. And I'm sure the shooting percentages don't do it for you, Bryant fans have a penchant for disregarding efficiency lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #56
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Stop being a puss. Name some actual claims if you're going to throw out garbage like that. What do people say that you don't like or agree with? Don't just say something to start an argument without actually saying something...
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
I caught you before your edit. And I'm sure the shooting percentages don't do it for you, Bryant fans have a penchant for disregarding efficiency lol.

Effectiveness >> Efficiency

Don't let this decade of stat padders affect your mentality.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
PJR
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Effectiveness >> Efficiency

They go hand and hand, buddy.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #59
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
They go hand and hand, buddy.

They really don't. You can be effective in other ways in a basketball game to make your team better. Efficient in shooting is a different aspect. We are talking about guys here who have openly admitted they don't like to shoot last second shots because they don't want it affecting their %'s. That should tell you something.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #60
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR

I hardly ignore it, I simply take it within a given context. Shooting 62 % does very little for you within any given game...or any given series for that matter.

That's why it's hilarious when people post up single game or series stats including shooting percentages. There are much more important things to focus on.

You can take Durants Finals stats from last year and place them among the all time greats. But the performances weren't. I'll take a 40 % shooter if they generate a greater overall impact.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: