Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #31
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Re: How much money do you need to earn before you feel satisfied?

im about 6 grand in the hole from student loans in my first year. id be hella happy if i could clear that out. no more loans for me
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Im sure the majority of people who know me think my parents are rich when the truth is that their parents probably have higher paying jobs than mine did. Most people are just terrible with money. I've always had everything I ever wanted whether it was the newest game system or now, a new truck and my own on campus apartment at school.

People think you have to have high paying jobs to live comfortably when its really about how responsible and greedy you are.
I agree with all of that...100%

I was just pointing out that having to get up every morning of your life and go to work in order to pay bills should be viewed as a "problem". Even if you love your job.

If your parents had extreme wealth then they would spend more time with family, or travel more, or charity work, or do whatever they want...if they love their job and want to keep doing it then they would do it on their time, not the time that their boss demands of them.

I'm not saying they were/are unhappy...I'm just saying they would love to have more money.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I agree with all of that...100%

I was just pointing out that having to get up every morning of your life and go to work in order to pay bills should be viewed as a "problem". Even if you love your job.

If your parents had extreme wealth then they would spend more time with family, or travel more, or charity work, or do whatever they want...if they love their job and want to keep doing it then they would do it on their time, not the time that their boss demands of them.

I'm not saying they were/are unhappy...I'm just saying they would love to have more money.
I agree, this was kind of a theme in one of my classes. But unless you're talking about paycheck to paycheck(i think you are), I don't agree that working being a necessity is a problem. Its apart of who we are as humans, it would seem kind of like a radical deconstruction of what it means to be human otherwise.
BuGzBuNNy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
I agree, this was kind of a theme in one of my classes. But unless you're talking about paycheck to paycheck(i think you are), I don't agree that working being a necessity is a problem. Its apart of who we are as humans, it would seem kind of like a radical deconstruction of what it means to be human otherwise.
In the grand scheme of humanity I guess it is not a problem, it is who we are...without people working hard everyday earning a paycheck, none of us would have much

but on a personal level I view it as a problem so to speak...

If I was extremely wealthy I would still be "working" but I would be working on my own personal projects rather than someone else's.

I certainly wouldn't just be sitting around on my ass all day...that would get boring quick, but instead of sitting behind a computer 40 hours a week it would be more like 20 hours a week...because there is nothing natural about working behind a computer.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: