Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Get so annoyed when people thank military people for their service

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    This makes zero sense. So if someone thinks the military is in a war that has nothing to do with them or their protection, they should still be thinking that the war is for them and their protection?
    the SOLDIERS do it for our protection. SOLDIERS. if somebody did invade us they would be in that shit fighting them. their lives are 24/7 at the disposable for our safety, and for that they deserve thanks. if you have a problem with Iraq/Afghanistan blame bush sr./clinton/bush/obama

**** this thread, not sure if some of you are even serious. Not thanking our soldiers for their sacrifice? miss me with that shit

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I hated the Iraq War. But I would never disrespect a soldier. We have to recognize the fact that they don't get to choose who they fight, that is the decision of the civilian government. While the Iraq war did nothing to keep us safe the fact that no country would dare declare war on us is a direct result of the might of our military and that strength is based on our troops.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Wait garbage man makes $80k a year? Wtf sign me up

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    This makes zero sense. So if someone thinks the military is in a war that has nothing to do with them or their protection, they should still be thinking that the war is for them and their protection?
    No, what I meant is that regardless of how you feel about the war they're fighting, they're out there volunteering themselves for something no one else will with the mindset that it's for their nation's protection. Whether it's true or not is a moot point in this regard.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    No, what I meant is that regardless of how you feel about the war they're fighting, they're out there volunteering themselves for something no one else will with the mindset that it's for their nation's protection. Whether it's true or not is a moot point in this regard.

they're not really volunteering themselves. a few are maybe, to most its a job. seems a lot of people lose sight of that along with a lot of other stuff regarding our military. like them fighting in wars is the basis of their job, and everything they do back home here in between is just training and upkeep for those situations. so there really is no basis to feel so guilt tripped that they're out there fighthing when they're doing their job. its not much different than a cop, fire fighter, etc. that puts ttheir life on the line except cops do it every day while soldiers do it periodically, albeit in more dangerous situations most of the time. i mean if you're thanking soldiers you might as well be thanking everyone that does anything dangerous working for the government.

what i think is retarded tho are people pretending to blame them for fighting. they might as well be blaming every soldier ever to pick up a gun. far left are retarded, and some foreigners are worse in how they distort to demonize.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    they're not really volunteering themselves. a few are maybe, to most its a job. seems a lot of people lose sight of that along with a lot of other stuff regarding our military. like them fighting in wars is the basis of their job, and everything they do back home here in between is just training and upkeep for those situations. so there really is no basis to feel so guilt tripped that they're out there fighthing when they're doing their job. its not much different than a cop, fire fighter, etc. that puts ttheir life on the line except cops do it every day while soldiers do it periodically, albeit in more dangerous situations most of the time. i mean if you're thanking soldiers you might as well be thanking everyone that does anything dangerous working for the government.

what i think is retarded tho are people pretending to blame them for fighting. they might as well be blaming every soldier ever to pick up a gun. far left are retarded, and some foreigners are worse in how they distort to demonize.
    Thank u someone gets it

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

There is nothing wrong with showing appreciation for people that put their lives on the line professionally for the greater good.

Not true at all....

a grunt will have a much more dangerous / mental draining /Physical experience then 99% of any police officer. Humping a Alice for most of your career is much different then riding around in a car giving tickets.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 12-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Whats the difference?

[COLOR="White"]joking.[/COLOR]
    Lol someone negged me on that, must have missed the white text...

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Go be a "martyr" OP
    1) take a trip to the desert without packing water
    2) strap a bomb vest on
    3) hit the red button and proceed to deflower 72 mustached, armpit haired virgins
    happy happy joy joy :)