Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default What a difference exercise makes.

I just did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight, I did 3 yesterday and 2 on Wednesday. I feel so much better right now than I did a few days ago.

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

I often go to random stores and practice full on body tackles on boxes. I'm now 6'6 and 250lbs of muscle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I often go to random stores and practice full on body tackles on boxes. I'm now 6'6 and 250lbs of muscle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

1st of the year , altered my diet , no beer intake , wine during the weekends and working more so on my core......

And I feel better , in and out of bed

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I'm getting in shape for Black Friday.

Decent college freshman

I'm going to have to start exercising again. I started running and eating healthy early last year and lost a ton of weight. But ever since the holidays I have been eating and eating. I have gained probably 15 pounds since October. I feel horrible, and have been feeling depressed the last few weeks. Def need to start running again and changing my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I just did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight, I did 3 yesterday and 2 on Wednesday. I feel so much better right now than I did a few days ago.
    I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I started running 21 days ago. Out of those 21 days I've ran 14 days and was sick or resting on 7 of those. In 21 days I've lost 14.4 pounds.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next few days because before Thursday I was running maybe 30 minutes and burning about 300 calories.

On Thursday I ran 2 hours straight with rest walking in between and burned approx 131 carbs, 825 calories in 7.25 miles. Today I ran for 2h20 minutes, burned 151 carbs, 1013 calories in 8.75 miles.

Between yesterday and today I lost 1.2 pounds. But so far everything has been awesome. When I get down to around 200 I'll probably start mixing in some strength training.
    Congrats man

I honestly suck at running. I run for about 12 mins straight and give up. Keep up the good work.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Great job on the weight loss, man. 14 and a half pounds in 3 weeks? Very impressive.

I've been looking to lose some weight, as well, as I feel that I could definitely be in better shape. I realize that you're probably not an expert on fitness, but, in your opinion, how much weight do you think a 193 lb, 6'3" guy could lose in the span of about 2 months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    Congrats man

I honestly suck at running. I run for about 12 mins straight and give up. Keep up the good work.
    I found out what was sucking about running for me. I kept looking at the treadmill stats too much. So what I did was cover them up and now I run by what music I have on. If I have a really good song I'll tear the shit out of that treadmill. If it's something I really can't get into running hard I'll power walk at 3MPH or 4MPH.

Then when I feel like I'm about to give up I'll peak at the status and see I've burned 700 calories. And I'll think, "No, f*ck that I'm getting 1000." So I'll cover the stats up again and go back at it like I was.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Great job on the weight loss, man. 14 and a half pounds in 3 weeks? Very impressive.

I've been looking to lose some weight, as well, as I feel that I could definitely be in better shape. I realize that you're probably not an expert on fitness, but, in your opinion, how much weight do you think a 193 lb, 6'3" guy could lose in the span of about 2 months or so?
    It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    Congrats man

I can't run at 12 minutes straight. I'll run at like 5-6 mins, then rest walk for about 2-3 minutes then pump it back up again. Don't feel bad about running the whole freakin' time. They keep is to keep the heart-rate up and not just shut it down. You'll feel a lot better if you go for 30-60 minutes of running mostly then walking in-between. Usually I'll run at 6-8MPH for about 5 minutes, then walk for 1-2 minutes in between that. I tried 10MPH yesterday which is the max and I can't keep up with it yet. I did it for 25 seconds and I was like' F*ck, f*ck, f*ck" and turned it down with the quickness because I was going to lose control and fall of the treadmill.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

It'll definitely take longer I think. I think the average weight for someone that tall as a male is probably like 170-180 probably. I'm 6'1" and should be at around 170-ish. When I get down between 200-210 I plan to do some lifting in-between some cardio to get a little bit a muscle so I hope to be between 190-200 and look pretty fit. come summer time.

To be honest though I would have no idea. I lost a lot of weight fast because I was at 238. I'm down to 223.6 right now, but a big portion of that is because I'm eating tons better now and now binging out on snack food. There were times i would eat a whole back of Oreos with milk in like 20 minutes. I've cut out all the sweets. I might have a snickers bar once a week or so, and in between meals I'll eat fresh fruit now and not chips or snacks.

The hardest part of all of this is when it comes night time. I'm a horrible eater after dinner. And eating right before you go to sleep is the worse thing you can do and I did a lot of it. I still feel this urges to eat at around 9-10 o'clock. But I've been able to control it with a few shelled walnuts and a glass of water.

I hear you there. I, too, eat too much at night. It's definitely a difficult habit to curb, but it makes a significant difference when you do.

My brother stands at 6'4.5" and, at around this time last year, he weighed 245 lbs. Today, he weighs around 175. He accomplished this primarily through a lot of jogging, and a significant change in his eating habits. I can't have my 25 year old brother in better shape than me.

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds in the next 2.5 months or so. Can any of the more knowledgeable posters here tell me if that's a realistic goal or not? I've already cut back on the vast majority of my negative eating habits, and I'm willing to include any sort of cardiovascular exercise into my regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I hear you there. I, too, eat too much at night. It's definitely a difficult habit to curb, but it makes a significant difference when you do.

My brother stands at 6'4.5" and, at around this time last year, he weighed 245 lbs. Today, he weighs around 175. He accomplished this primarily through a lot of jogging, and a significant change in his eating habits. I can't have my 25 year old brother in better shape than me.

My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds in the next 2.5 months or so. Can any of the more knowledgeable posters here tell me if that's a realistic goal or not? I've already cut back on the vast majority of my negative eating habits, and I'm willing to include any sort of cardiovascular exercise into my regimen.
    It's easier for me to do because I have a treadmill in my house. Otherwise if you have to go somewhere to exercise or go outside when it's cold, it's much harder to get motivated. Otherwise you can always do something like P90X or Insanity as well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

used a run alot , foot issues , move to a bike

Talked with my doctor about weight loss , toning bod and he said the bike is a good thing.

I am think about getting a stationary bike again... as well as a road bike this summer.
    The mountain bike was a.o.k. , but legit workouts on a road bike seems better for me.

Congrad's on the weight loss Met-code

Just remember it isn't speed , but steady pace and length of time , that running generates benefits.