Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Blockbuster trade! Help!

I was ready to tank blks....here is the mega offer.

I deal Kaman, Jax, Okafor, Beasley and Marquis.....for Bibby, Okur, BMill, Salmons and ZBo. On paper, with TOs etc, I go up huge....but now the trade of Zach.

What should I do? The BMill and Beasley is a second deal that I can do on it's own.

My team would be:

Jose
Bibby
MM
RJ
Pau
Dirk
Zbo
Bmill
Big Z
Salmons
Okur

Bench: TonyParker, Duhon, Mobley

I could then try some 2 for 1's later.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blockbuster trade! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I was ready to tank blks....here is the mega offer.

I deal Kaman, Jax, Okafor, Beasley and Marquis.....for Bibby, Okur, BMill, Salmons and ZBo. On paper, with TOs etc, I go up huge....but now the trade of Zach.

What should I do? The BMill and Beasley is a second deal that I can do on it's own.

My team would be:

Jose
Bibby
MM
RJ
Pau
Dirk
Zbo
Bmill
Big Z
Salmons
Okur

Bench: TonyParker, Duhon, Mobley

I could then try some 2 for 1's later.

This trade is so huge it's hard to judge.

Kaman >> Okur
Jax = Salmons
Okafor < BMiller
Beasley = ZBo (now that ZBos traded)
Marquis << Bibby

Looks pretty fair. You give blocks but get assists. Your %'s look to go up I think and you cut down TO's it looks. You get more 3s and points too, boards look almost even. If you are completely tanking blks its a good deal I think.

How many teams in this league?
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Mega Deal expanded and accepted to include a 3rd team.

Final deal:

I moved, Jax, Kaman, Marquis, Okafor, Big Z, Beasley and Tony Parker....

I received Bibby, Zach, Okur, Salmons, David West and Brad Miller.

10 team league.

New Roster:

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Mike Miller
G: Mike Bibby
SF: RJ
PF: David West
F: Dirk
C: Pau Gasol
C: Brad Miller
UTIL: ZBo
UTIL: Salmons
UTIL: Our

BEN: Duhon, Mobley and someone off waiver
Old 11-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

****e Raps, this is huge! I have no idea how to rate the deal itself, but I'm digging your team. Obviously there are some great stats coming from your team, and scoring and boards are the farthest from your concern now. Looks like TOs and %s are looking solid. Obviously you are built to tank blocks. How will you do in assists with Jose, Bibby and guys like Brad and Mike Miller kicking some in as well? I guess it depends on how other teams are built in your league. Only concern looks like steals, everyone gets something for you but you lack the dominant steal guy like Kidd, Iverson, CP, Baron etc, although thats not necessarily what you need to succeed in them.

How you feeling about the deal at this point??
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

I am pretty happy with it. Dimes are pretty great with Jose being the big guy, and then almost everyone else getting above average for their position. Stls and blks I am brutal in, but in our 10 team, 9 cat league, it is looking like low 60's will win this thing, maybe mid 60's. So, even if I am dead last in those 2 categories, I am near the top in the other 7.

If ZBo can get 17/8 then I am ok...obviously Garcia has to come back, but I think West can improve, Okur can get way better etc. I got way better in TOs....plus David West is a 7th round keeper value that I will get for next year!

Adding Z/TP to get David West I was pretty happy about, because I already have Duhon on my pine so I didn't really need Tony Parker and I know I would never have gotten West generally for Big Z and TP so I felt I sold super high on Parker, even though he's hurt.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I am pretty happy with it. Dimes are pretty great with Jose being the big guy, and then almost everyone else getting above average for their position. Stls and blks I am brutal in, but in our 10 team, 9 cat league, it is looking like low 60's will win this thing, maybe mid 60's. So, even if I am dead last in those 2 categories, I am near the top in the other 7.

If ZBo can get 17/8 then I am ok...obviously Garcia has to come back, but I think West can improve, Okur can get way better etc. I got way better in TOs....plus David West is a 7th round keeper value that I will get for next year!

Adding Z/TP to get David West I was pretty happy about, because I already have Duhon on my pine so I didn't really need Tony Parker and I know I would never have gotten West generally for Big Z and TP so I felt I sold super high on Parker, even though he's hurt.

Is there someone you could target to help in steals at all? Tanking TWO cats in roto is brutal, even if your league is super competitive. How about targeting someone cheap that wouldnt hurt your %s too much, like Brewer, Anthony Parker, even Nate or JET.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Is there someone you could target to help in steals at all? Tanking TWO cats in roto is brutal, even if your league is super competitive. How about targeting someone cheap that wouldnt hurt your %s too much, like Brewer, Anthony Parker, even Nate or JET.

Normally I would never advise tanking two categories in Roto. But since this is a keeper league, it's leveled the playing field a lot. The normally bad GMs are helped a ton by having good value keepers, so again, I don't think anyone will touch 70 pts. I have a max now of 72-74 pts and my team in theory is that good in the other cats. But, I will be looking to sneak back up to grab a point or two in blks or steals.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #8
br3akdwon
Frustrated Mavs Fan

br3akdwon has decent reputation

That is a huge deal.. but imo you should stay put. As Ben said, tanking in roto is not advisable and I think that you are getting the worse end of the deal. Except for West, Okur and probably Bibby, you will be receiving big uncertainties. I expect Sjax to have higher % because of Crawford. Kaman is decent even though Zbo will arrive. Beasley would be great as the season goes on. TP would still be good even with Manu back. Marquis won't be much of a factor when Dunleavy comes back. It's your call bro.
br3akdwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: