Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2012-13 regular season!

Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    [COLOR=#000080][COLOR=#000000][[/COLOR]quote][COLOR=#000080]Report: Spurs Could Trade For Al Jefferson[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000080]

[/COLOR]Not sure how this would work? Maybe with other teams involved?[/quote]
    It was all a scam by the Spurs to get Jefferson on the cheap!

Don't see how a UTAH/SA deal works. Unless it's for Tony Parker, or something like Steven Jackson and another player like Leonard/Green/Mills/Splitter, they're the only deals that work $ wise I think.

Can't see Jackson in Utah ever.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-10-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Sorry man. I don't know why it has my posts under your nam. I'm not hacking it!

Says Phoenix wants Jefferson and Hayward. Dudley involved possibly Gortat. Maybe could send Dudley to NY. He has a long contract not sure Utah wants that? Gortat would be nice he makes half of what Jefferson does and if they lose Millsap in the off-season thy'd still have 3 good players up front. If they sign Millsap Gortat could be shopped. Have to b a lot o give up Hayward. Phoenix also has many pg's.

As the Feb. 21 NBA trade deadline approaches, teams have reportedly expressed interest in [COLOR=#000080]jazz[/COLOR]men Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap.
    The [COLOR=#000080]Arizona Republic reported Monday[/COLOR] that the Phoenix Suns have been in talks with the [COLOR=#000080]Utah Jazz[/COLOR] about acquiring Jefferson and possibly Gordon Hayward. The Suns have also expressed interest in Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks, according to the article. Potential trades could involve Jared Dudley and Marcin Gortat, although it is doubtful that the Jazz would want to take another big man to put in their already crowded front court.
    Gortat makes sense for the last couple months of the season at least and possibly beyond depending on what happens wth Millsap.

[QUOTE]
    There is also speculation that [COLOR=#000080]the San Antonio Spurs could send Tiago Splitter and Patty Mills to the Jazz[/COLOR] in exchange for Jefferson. What makes this trade possibility more tantalizing is the strong front office ties between San Antonio and Utah. Spurs assistant general manager Scott Layden left the Jazz prior to this season after spending several seasons as an assistant coach for the Jazz to join San Antonio

The Brooklyn Nets have reportedly been trying to acquire Josh Smith or Ben Gordon, but the [COLOR=#000080]New York Daily News[/COLOR] reports that those talks have stalled and the Nets are now focusing on a trade for Utah's Paul Millsap.
    According to the report, the Nets offered Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks to Atlanta for Smith, but the Hawks are reportedly seeking a better deal.

[COLOR=#000080]ESPN reported last week[/COLOR] that the Nets were in talks with Charolette to trade Humphries for Gordon, but those talks have also cooled.
    The Nets seem eager to trade Humphries, and a trade for Millsap could see Humphries return to the [COLOR=#000080]Jazz[/COLOR], the team that drafted him in 2004. Humphries played two seasons in Utah, averaging 3.6 points and 11.6 minutes per game before being traded to the Toronto Raptors. Last season, Humphries averaged 13.8 points, 11 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, all career highs.
    Can't see why anyone takes on Humphries contract unless it is to send a worse contract away.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Can't see why anyone takes on Humphries contract unless it is to send a worse contract away.
    It's an easy trade for Charlotte since Gordon is being a pain in the ass and they want to trade him. Still Biyombo has been on a bit of a rebounding/blocking tear lately, so Humpries would probably have the same thing happen to him that's happening in Brooklyn, which is there's a player on a much cheaper contract ahead of him doing the one thing he does well better than him (Evans in Brooklyn right now).

Dunno about Gortat. Wasn't he whinging about the lack of touches in Phoenix? I'm sure he'll love giving up time and touches to Kanter and Favors. Don't like the Splitter/Mills deal either, Splits is a decent backup, but Mills isn't good enough to be a starter and i'd still play Tinsley ahead of him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    It's an easy trade for Charlotte since Gordon is being a pain in the ass and they want to trade him. Still Biyombo has been on a bit of a rebounding/blocking tear lately, so Humpries would probably have the same thing happen to him that's happening in Brooklyn, which is there's a player on a much cheaper contract ahead of him doing the one thing he does well better than him (Evans in Brooklyn right now).
    Marvin Williams would have to be in any trade for Humphries maybe Evans too. Those are their worst contracts.

Dunno about Gortat. Wasn't he whinging about the lack of touches in Phoenix? I'm sure he'll love giving up time and touches to Kanter and Favors.
    If they lose Millsap in the off-season there would be plenty of time and touches for all 3. Also it remans to be seen what kind of demads Favors will have in the off-season. Might have to think of moving him in the next year if they can't get him for a decent price. Can't make the same mistake they did with AK just based on his potential. AK had at least proven something when they made the gamble for his max deal.

Gortat can run the pick and roll if the Jazz can get someone to run it with him. If not he's an expirer that will be very movable. Dudley's long term deal is what I'd be worried about. Maybe he could go to NY for Shumpert? Brewer back to Utah? I'd want one of the Suns pg's to.

Don't like the Splitter/Mills deal either, Splits is a decent backup, but Mills isn't good enough to be a starter and i'd still play Tinsley ahead of him at the moment.
    They need help at the one and they need to get younger there as well. Mills has shown he can play when given the chance whether he is a good fit in Utah who knows. Thought they should have went after him when he became available last year. There would have to be more to that trade anyway for it to work.

Mills is OK as a backup, but that's all he'll ever be. Plays too fast and out of control at times and can be way too shot happy, so I doubt he'd fit into Utah as a full time playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Mills is OK as a backup, but that's all he'll ever be. Plays too fast and out of control at times and can be way too shot happy, so I doubt he'd fit into Utah as a full time playmaker.
    They were down to 1 pg for a time so the could use some help.

Maybe Jazz should go after Gordon.

Supposedly Bledsoe for Millsap. Not sure who else would have to be included. They could certainly use him defensively. Still unproven as a starter though.

Before he left EnergySolutions Arena, Celtics coach Doc Rivers may have just ducked out of the visitors

[QUOTE]

Corbin said the Jazz considered replacing
    Williams in the starting lineup and that it is not off the table, but that
    "he

Though many believed he'd be moved, exiled Jazz guard Raja Bell was not
    expecting to be moved.

"Probably not," Herb Rudoy, Bell's agent, told the Deseret News an hour
    before the deadline.

Rudoy said he has "no idea" whether the Jazz will waive Bell or let him and
    his $3.5 million contract remain on the roster.

Lindsey declined to comment on the Jazz's plans for Bell.
    Hopefully they cut him but after the deadline for him to be playoff eligible for someone else. Pick up Machado.

Paul Millsap did not participate in this morning's shootaround because of his
    sprained left ankle. The power forward, who missed Tuesday's practice, still
    isn't sure if he'll be able to go in this 7 p.m. contest at EnergySolutions
    Arena.

"I'm still a little sore," Millsap said. "It was real sore yesterday, but
    today it's a lot better."

The durable Millsap has played in all 57 games this season.

"It's going to be a game-time decision," he said. "I'll see if I can get out
    there and move around, but if not I don't want to be out there and hurt the
    team.

Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin does not allow himself to be interviewed at home
    shootarounds, so he couldn't address lineup possibilities. But it's likely
    Derrick Favors would be the starting power forward if Millsap can't go.
    Kanter might get to play. He's the one being hurt most bv Millsap and Jefferson not Favors.

[QUOTE]As for Korver, the former Jazz shooting guard was thrilled to be back in the
    state where he played for 2