Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-13-2006, 02:21 AM   #31
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Oh and you really only had us in a wreck for 3 games everything after that we belw you out. (i'm only saying)

The thing is here man, i hate to look back because hinesight is 20/20 but you even KNOW this. Odom gets that rebound and the series is over and we move on. You just have to give props where props are due man. Bottom line is that EVERYONE in PHX expected suns advance in 5 maybe 6 and we took you guys to 7. So we just want some respect thats all.

Personally i don't like the suns because until someone shows me that you can win a championship without playing any sort of defense i won't believe it. I do like a lot of their players and they are fun to watch but I personally don't think you can win that way.

Everyone nowadays anyways downplay kobe bryant, the lakers organization and all that stuff. We just want some respect and to be heard. 6th best record in the west when people where expecting us so finish 10th or so. Just respect.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #32
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
Yea but at present your not even championship contenders. barely playoff contenders at that.

But those "barely playoff contenders" made PHX look pretty bad
in some of those playoff games, nearly defeated you. Why's that
if you are so much better?
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #33
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
The thing is here man, i hate to look back because hinesight is 20/20 but you even KNOW this. Odom gets that rebound and the series is over and we move on. You just have to give props where props are due man. Bottom line is that EVERYONE in PHX expected suns advance in 5 maybe 6 and we took you guys to 7. So we just want some respect thats all.

Personally i don't like the suns because until someone shows me that you can win a championship without playing any sort of defense i won't believe it. I do like a lot of their players and they are fun to watch but I personally don't think you can win that way.

Everyone nowadays anyways downplay kobe bryant, the lakers organization and all that stuff. We just want some respect and to be heard. 6th best record in the west when people where expecting us so finish 10th or so. Just respect.

I don't like phoenix either but like Bill Walton was sayin, it's not that they don't play D, it's that they play fast and they score points quickly n so naturally the other team will have more possessions, so the score can b deceiving...but u look @ their squad n Raja is always bein hailed as a good defender, Marion is like top 5 in boards,steals,blocks,etc, n Amare showed signs of D on that TD block 2 yrs ago....the only person u can really fault is Nash's D but he can b excused b/c he's the heart of the offense.....
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #34
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086

Agreed!

Teams who play good defense win championships! The Suns will likley never win with this current team and system based on that alone.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #35
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I don't like phoenix either but like Bill Walton was sayin, it's not that they don't play D, it's that they play fast and they score points quickly n so naturally the other team will have more possessions, so the score can b deceiving...but u look @ their squad n Raja is always bein hailed as a good defender, Marion is like top 5 in boards,steals,blocks,etc, n Amare showed signs of D on that TD block 2 yrs ago....the only person u can really fault is Nash's D but he can b excused b/c he's the heart of the offense.....

No defense???? are you kidding me? Raja arguable our best defender was injured and suspended annnnnddddd amare and kurt thomas were both injured theres your defense right there fellas.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #36
PASSION OF SPORT
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PASSION OF SPORT has an OK reputation so far
Default Uck That

La Needs Kg, It The Last Peice They Need, And Kupchak Needs To Make That Shti Happen. I Mean Anybody But Kobe Can Go, Think About The Dynamics. He Has A House In Malibu, He Unselfish, And Doesnt Need The Ball To Be Effective

what Do Yall Think
PASSION OF SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #37
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

KG will only be a Laker if he demands a trade to the Lakers and he is not that type of person. I don’t think we even need KG or a player of his caliber to be contenders we just need to be patient with the youth we have and give it a year or 2 for them to develop because we have the young raw talent a good young PG and good young C.

As for PHXFAN we have a year or 2 before we will be back in the championship contender category no doubt but when people like PHX fans (just an example since I live in Maricopa now) want to talk all kind of crap about how much better they are then the Lakers you have to look at it from a Laker fan’s perspective for just a few moments. Lakers have owned the Suns for almost there entire existence but yes once in a great while (like rain in AZ) the Suns or say the Clip’s will string together a year or maybe even a few years were they have better records and then all of a sudden there fans get all cocky like there so much better yet they never win the Championship and during those few years there gloating over having a better record then the Lakers in almost every case the Lakers get better and are right back to there winning ways in a matter of a few years. Most recent example was being back in the playoffs 2 years after the breakup of the 2000 dynasty.

But like I said at the beginning of the last paragraph the Lakers still have a year or 2 before they will be serious championship contenders and that is if they can develop the likes of Farmar and Bynum which I think they can and will but look at it from a realistic perspective the Suns only have a year or 2 to be serious contenders unless they make a huge pick up. Let’s face it when Nash is not in the line up the Suns are a pitiful team with no glue (Nash) to hold them together and Barbosa is a far cry from Steve. As much as I loved watching Stat play MF surgery is probably the most difficult surgery to come back from and since he didn’t make the cut on the USA team and is having problems with the other knee (the one he didn’t have the surgery on) that dose not look good for the superstar and I have my doubts that he will ever be the Amare of old. If Nash retires in a few years Stat doesn’t make a full recovery and they still haven’t picked up a better back up for Steve which is all very much a possibility then the Suns fall back into lottery status.

Last edited by schyza : 09-13-2006 at 02:51 PM.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #38
schyza
High School Starter

And 1 more reason because we can
Old 09-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #39
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
If Nash retires in a few years Stat doesnít make a full recovery and they still havenít picked up a better back up for Steve which is all very much a possibility then the Suns fall back into lottery status.

thats true!

The games nash misses they always lose. back when amare was healthy and nash was injured for 4 games they lost all 4 games.

Steve Nash brings that chemistry to them and the will to run n gun.

Other than that they have nobody when nash is gone (which will be a few more years)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #40
FaBbY DaViS
I airball my layups

FaBbY DaViS has an OK reputation so far

cuz we were raw n we still r goin 2 be cuz
FaBbY DaViS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i hope so
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #42
Lakerfan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
i hope so

As much as i like the Lakers they will not win a championship for some time. maybe 5 or 6 years. The "youth infusion" is more confusion than anything. I don't consider Mckie or Vlade Divac a youth infusion, just HORRIBLE signings. Thank you Cupcake.

The draft is God awful. This year looks ok but the last 2 years were just sad to watch. Wafer stinks, Vujacic sucks, Bynum is a project. Cook was a bad pick as well as Rush. So the Laker mistakes finally caught up with them. I mean how do you have the two best players at their positions Shaq and Kobe yet can't make a decent draft pick or signing?

The Heat made GREAT trade moves. They have money and most importantly are not bone heads. Lakers could have made good trade moves because San An who drafts right after them does ALL the time. Name a bad draft pick San An or Dallas has had? With the Lakers the list goes on.

Missing out on Artest didn't help as well.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #43
schyza
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan
As much as i like the Lakers they will not win a championship for some time. maybe 5 or 6 years. The "youth infusion" is more confusion than anything. I don't consider Mckie or Vlade Divac a youth infusion, just HORRIBLE signings. Thank you Cupcake.

The draft is God awful. This year looks ok but the last 2 years were just sad to watch. Wafer stinks, Vujacic sucks, Bynum is a project. Cook was a bad pick as well as Rush. So the Laker mistakes finally caught up with them. I mean how do you have the two best players at their positions Shaq and Kobe yet can't make a decent draft pick or signing?

The Heat made GREAT trade moves. They have money and most importantly are not bone heads. Lakers could have made good trade moves because San An who drafts right after them does ALL the time. Name a bad draft pick San An or Dallas has had? With the Lakers the list goes on.

Missing out on Artest didn't help as well.

OK 1 Divac is not playing anymore and wasn’t last year Mckie I will agree is no spring chicken but Phil likes the old vets for locker room presence. As for the youth we have man you are defiantly a pessimists Farmar knows the triangle and will not take that long to develop in my opinion and Bynum I think will be coming around in the next year or 2 once again just my opinion. You want to berate you team for there draft picks I agree not all have been good but Ronny, Walton, Farmar and Bynum are all recent picks that I can think of that were decent. I would say give them 1-3 years but 5-6 man you need to cheer up think a little more positive. (not trying to disrespect )
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: